Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 18:46 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
Sold mine earlier this year.

I tried, but it didn’t sell, I like it so much that I decided to just keep it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 21:53 Quote
bought a bike a couple months ago, still trying to sell my 2018 Jeffsy but I haven't had luck yet and I'd rather keep it than give it away

Posted: Oct 20, 2023 at 3:38 Quote
Hey guys. I'm about to buy this frame. Haven't found any info about the shock mounting hardware. I've got a RS SD with the correct metrics but empty eyelets. What shall I order for it? Thx.

Posted: Oct 22, 2023 at 2:01 Quote
Hey Folks,

I'm building a large 2019 pro race frame 27.5 and got an amazing deal on a boxed 160mm Zeb Ultimate charger 3.
Anybody running this, i know it will be a bit heavier. i'm 90kg and I ride everything but big jumps.

Any input would be great

cheers

D

Posted: Oct 22, 2023 at 14:49 Quote
Deelog wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm building a large 2019 pro race frame 27.5 and got an amazing deal on a boxed 160mm Zeb Ultimate charger 3.
Anybody running this, i know it will be a bit heavier. i'm 90kg and I ride everything but big jumps.

Any input would be great

cheers

D

I cannot on the Zeb specifically, but I’ve heard they’re great.

But if you are wondering if a Zeb is too much fork for a Jeffsy, I would say no. I run a 160 mm fox 38 factory on mine, which is a 2017 frame, and I think it complements it nicely.

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 2:32 Quote
Thanks for the reply DR!!

Do you notice any difference in handling at the front over the original forks ? ie. weight penalty and maneuverability

thanks

Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Deelog wrote:
Hey Folks,

Any input would be great

cheers

D

I cannot on the Zeb specifically, but I’ve heard they’re great.

But if you are wondering if a Zeb is too much fork for a Jeffsy, I would say no. I run a 160 mm fox 38 factory on mine, which is a 2017 frame, and I think it complements it nicely.

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 6:50 Quote
Deelog wrote:

Do you notice any difference in handling at the front over the original forks ? ie. weight penalty and maneuverability

thanks

Yeah, it’s noticeably stiffer. The bike is less liable to be thrown off line through chunk. Weight difference is there but minor and not noticeable after a few rides.

I put a 35mm stem and 800mm wide bars on mine, and the handling is spot on IMO.

Biggest “difference” I noticed from the first ride was the stack height. The 38 (again I’m not familiar with the Zeb enough to say if this would happen) had a much longer axle to crown length, beefier crown etc, so the fork’s overall length is significantly more on the 38. Let alone the 2017 I put it on came with a 150mm fork and the 38 is 160. I felt like my front end was jacked up in the air a noticeable amount. This also slackened the HA a fair bit. But I got used to that immediately. I can charge stuff so much better now, and it was a significant upgrade overall.

My brother has a 2018 Jeffsy with the 150mm pike still on it, and there’s a HUGE difference in going from mine to his. Mine is way more “racy”.

I paired the 38 with an X2 on the rear of the bike, and threw on a set of I9 hubs and WAO carbon hoops which also helped offset some of the added suspension weight.

photo

I’m riding an Alchemy Arktos 150 now. It’s a 170mm front and 150mm rear enduro 29’er. Significantly faster than the Jeffsy, but if I had 29” wheels on that Jeffsy I think it could keep up with the Arktos. It’s a seriously great setup when you need things up just a bit.

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 7:17 Quote
heymibiha wrote:
Hey guys. I'm about to buy this frame. Haven't found any info about the shock mounting hardware. I've got a RS SD with the correct metrics but empty eyelets. What shall I order for it? Thx.

I think it depends on the year you’re getting.

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 10:10 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Deelog wrote:

thanks

Yeah, it’s noticeably stiffer. The bike is less liable to be thrown off line through chunk. Weight difference is there but minor and not noticeable after a few rides.

I put a 35mm stem and 800mm wide bars on mine, and the handling is spot on IMO.

Biggest “difference” I noticed from the first ride was the stack height. The 38 (again I’m not familiar with the Zeb enough to say if this would happen) had a much longer axle to crown ratio, plus the 2017 I put it on came with a 150mm fork. I felt like my front end was jacked up in the air a noticeable amount. But I got used to that immediately. I can charge stuff so much better now, and it was a significant upgrade overall.

My brother has a 2018 Jeffsy with the 150mm pike still on it, and there’s a HUGE difference in going from mine to his. Mine is way more “racy”.

I paired the 38 with an X2 on the rear of the bike, and threw on a set of I9 hubs and WAO carbon hoops which also helped offset some of the added suspension weight.

photo

I’m riding an Alchemy Arktos 150 now. It’s a 170mm front and 150mm rear enduro 29’er. Significantly faster than the Jeffsy, but if I had 29” wheels on that Jeffsy I think it could keep up with the Arktos. It’s a seriously great setup when you need things up just a bit.

Nice one thanks for the info man. Will get it on and see how it goes from there. Got a topaz to put on and xt groupset and brakes to complete. I've been riding my ebike 170mm F 160mm R , but need to get back on a mechanical bike again. i know you still put effort in with a motor but it's not the same and you can feel how weak you are after I jumping back on the Jeffsy as I also have a 2017 one which i'm selling soon. Now need to keep get this one finished and get conditioned again ! Appreciate your input

Posted: Oct 23, 2023 at 12:39 Quote
Deelog wrote:

Nice one thanks for the info man. Will get it on and see how it goes from there. Got a topaz to put on and xt groupset and brakes to complete. I've been riding my ebike 170mm F 160mm R , but need to get back on a mechanical bike again. i know you still put effort in with a motor but it's not the same and you can feel how weak you are after I jumping back on the Jeffsy as I also have a 2017 one which i'm selling soon. Now need to keep get this one finished and get conditioned again ! Appreciate your input

My younger bro has the topaz on his, that’s a GREAT shock.

Posted: Oct 24, 2023 at 2:03 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Deelog wrote:

My younger bro has the topaz on his, that’s a GREAT shock.

Its replacing a DPX2 which i'm not keen on. The frame and shock i bought very good used condition.
Yes nothing but great reviews on topaz and easy to service and tune seemingly.

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 3:10 Quote
Hello guys. I've bought a stock Jeffsy 27 CF One 2018 year. Now I'm thinking about upgrades. Do you have any "must have" recommendation? Could you also say me which bottom bracket standard is in this frame?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.053224
Mobile Version of Website