Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 1:25 Quote
Aphex- wrote:
Nice one, thanks Skip! That's gives me more peace of mind.

@Aphex
www.pinkbike.com/photo/16353176

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 19:15 Quote
e13 cassette has went to crap. Any suggestions on a replacement? Or a possible warranty replacement?

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
jkelm wrote:
e13 cassette has went to crap. Any suggestions on a replacement? Or a possible warranty replacement?

Call or email e*13 tomorrow. Their customer service has been really good. I believe the cassette has a five year warranty.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
Get a traditional 11sp cassette from SRAM or Shimano.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 1:21 Quote
Absolute Black oval for Jeffsy 27 CF Pro 2018 Race Face cranks?

I just got my YT on last week and my second full suspension for many years after riding hardtail for some years.
There are so many Absolute black versions to different cranks on their website, if anyone has a link to correct one I'd appreciate.
I'm not willing to end up in debate whether oval is good or just science fiction, but I have one in my commuter cyclocross and since I had a bit of tendency to get some pain into my knees, it at least feels like it relieves it a bit and cycling feels a bit lighter in general.
When I was guided to physiotherapist at work regarding the knee issues she said though I should stretch my legs more, but that's another story.
:-)

So, someone who already installed absolute black oval, link to correct version would be warmly welcomed!
Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 3:19 Quote
MJKFI wrote:

I just got my YT on last week and my second full suspension for many years after riding hardtail for some years.
There are so many Absolute black versions to different cranks on their website, if anyone has a link to correct one I'd appreciate.
I'm not willing to end up in debate whether oval is good or just science fiction, but I have one in my commuter cyclocross and since I had a bit of tendency to get some pain into my knees, it at least feels like it relieves it a bit and cycling feels a bit lighter in general.
When I was guided to physiotherapist at work regarding the knee issues she said though I should stretch my legs more, but that's another story.

So, someone who already installed absolute black oval, link to correct version would be warmly welcomed!
Thanks in advance!

You need the 3mm offset. The website has a guide to help you pick the correct chainring.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Not surprising as they are poorly designed and of low quality. I put a shimano compatible cassette arm on my bike and went with the Sunrace 11 speed 11-46 cassette. Only cost me about $110 and easy to change out. That is half the price of a new E13 cassette and much better quality. Putting the E13 cassette on the Jeffsy was a poor choice by YT. They could have put a GX 12 speed on the Jeffsy for about the same price and it would have really improved the quality of the bike.

The Sunrace cassette has performed flawlessly and I like the spacing of the gears much better.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 15:24 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Definitely email or call e*13. I am not going to disagree that there may be some QC issues with the TRS+ cassette but I would bet they will send you a new one. It will save you having to shell out any money in the short term.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
MJKFI wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I would give YT a call. I have the 2017 AL one with a wolf tooth oval. I called YT first and they said 6mm was the way to go. Going strong since February without issues.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 3:40 Quote
Gafado13 wrote:
MJKFI wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I would give YT a call. I have the 2017 AL one with a wolf tooth oval. I called YT first and they said 6mm was the way to go. Going strong since February without issues.

I've got a 2017 AL One as well, and with a 6mm Garbaruk chainring my chain would catch on the 2nd smallest cog on the cassette when in the 10t. This then skipped like crazy.
Changed to an Absolute Black 3mm chainring (was cheaper to get locally than Garbaruk w. shipping), and the issue has disappeared.
So it was definitely chainline related, as nothing else has changed.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 11:43 Quote
That is interesting about the chain line issue.... the 6mm does put the chainring very close to the chain stay. I havent had shifting issues but wonder if a 3mm offset would have left a bit more room in that area. Like an extra 3mm perhaps!

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 0:12 Quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to re-lace the 2017 DT M1900 to XM481 rims?
On the Jeffsy 29 with the 29" M1900 wheels, the ERD is the same so people have them re-laced to those rims.

Would be a cheap and efficient way of gettings 30mm wide rims, on our older style 22,5mm M1900's.

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 0:25 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
On the Jeffsy 29 with the 29" M1900 wheels, the ERD is the same so people have them re-laced to those rims.

Would be a cheap and efficient way of gettings 30mm wide rims, on our older style 22,5mm M1900's.

If erd is the same no prob.just meke sure to get some drass nipples as the alu ones that came stock will deform badly when undoing them

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:

If erd is the same no prob.just meke sure to get some drass nipples as the alu ones that came stock will deform badly when undoing them

Never reuse nipples Wink
But I was asking if someone had actually done this on the 27,5. Just because the 29'er has the same ERD, doesn't mean the 27,5 does too.
And it's never really that easy to find actual rim diameter measurements on manufacturers sites.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012894
Mobile Version of Website