Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 19:29 Quote
kwapik wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

I see more and more people excited about this upgrade. Can I do the same with my 34 rhythm? Or would it flex too much?

Unfortunately, 150mm is the maximum for the Fox Rhythm 27.

Speaking of upgrades for Fox Rhythm, MRP has confirmed the Ramp Control cartridge for Fox 34 IS compatible with the Rhythm 34.

I also asked Vorsprung if the Luftkappe piston will ever be available for the Rhythm 34 and they replied ‘It might be one day, not imminently though’...drat

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
jkelm wrote:
I know this has been discussed before, so if someone could steer in the right direction that'd be appreciated!

What size bushings/spacers/hardware does the rear shock need to mount?

Carbon 2018 frame requires M10 x 20mm and M10 x 40mm. Not sure if aluminum frame uses same shock hardware dimensions.

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 21:29 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:

Sorry to be late to the party, but do you like the Ergon GD1 grips? :-)

They are good, no pressure points or anything. At first, they felt bit awkward due conical shape but after couple of rides I get used to them. Material is quite grippy but can not comment on durability yet. I would prefer if these grips would be 10-15mm shorter. Now they are wide enough to place your hands asymmetrically on the bar.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
fizzynut wrote:
jkelm wrote:
I know this has been discussed before, so if someone could steer in the right direction that'd be appreciated!

Carbon 2018 frame requires M10 x 20mm and M10 x 40mm. Not sure if aluminum frame uses same shock hardware dimensions.

It's the same for the AL frame.

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
as anyone weighed a medium sized AL out of the box? Or maybe a upgrade before and after comparison? Again AL medium...

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 11:45 Quote
jrm99 wrote:
as anyone weighed a medium sized AL out of the box? Or maybe a upgrade before and after comparison? Again AL medium...
out of the box mine was right around 31.5 if I remember correctly

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 18:24 Quote
fizzynut wrote:
jkelm wrote:

Thanks for the info. Is anyone selling shock hardware for their Jeffsy, or willing to part with it? I have found 10x40 (39.9Cool but unable to find 10 x 20? DVO guys said I would need a 10 x 17.4, any truth to that?

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 20:44 Quote
jkelm wrote:
fizzynut wrote:
jkelm wrote:

Thanks for the info. Is anyone selling shock hardware for their Jeffsy, or willing to part with it? I have found 10x40 (39.9Cool but unable to find 10 x 20? DVO guys said I would need a 10 x 17.4, any truth to that?

If you cannot find it anywhere, try calling Fox customer support directly. They were pretty helpful to me and may sell to you directly. The Fox part numbers I got from them are:
803-03-232 for 10 x 20
803-03-240 for 10 x 40

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 21:20 Quote
jrm99 wrote:
Measured mine at 14.1kg recently. 2018 Jeffsy 27 AL size M, changes to Stock: tubeless (but stock tires), 30T Raceface chainring, XT shifter, GX Eagle chain, OneUp Composite pedals (355g) and 2 mudguards.

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
Hey guys, first time posting here and I got a quick question. I love riding my 2018 Jeffsy CF 27.5 and I’m thinking of making some upgrades. I would love some thoughts on them.

1. Fox 36 160mm fork ( grip 2 )

2. Fox DPX2

Are there any special parts I would need for upgrading them besides the fork and shock? Mounting hardware? Be specific.

Anything you guys would suggest or success stories with those specific parts?
Thanks.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 7:38 Quote
TreyCox wrote:
Hey guys, first time posting here and I got a quick question. I love riding my 2018 Jeffsy CF 27.5 and I’m thinking of making some upgrades. I would love some thoughts on them.

1. Fox 36 160mm fork ( grip 2 )

2. Fox DPX2

Are there any special parts I would need for upgrading them besides the fork and shock? Mounting hardware? Be specific.

Anything you guys would suggest or success stories with those specific parts?
Thanks.

You won't regret those upgrades, that's exactly what I'm running on my Jeffsy 27 too.

The Fox 36 Grip 2 fork is a fantastic fork, but be warned, if you're not well versed in suspension tuning you're probably going to spend some time learning to get the most out of it. All those twisty knobs make a huge difference and you can make your bike ride like a dream, or a total pig. Fortunately, there's a lot of good information on the web to help you with this process, but do be honest with yourself, if you want plug & play.. get the FIT damper instead. As a natural born tinkerer and gear nerd I enjoyed the process of dialing it in, I now have a much better understanding of how suspension works and interacts with the trail surface.

You will need to get a +20mm post mount adaptor for the rotor, you can direct mount a 180mm rotor but the Jeffsy has a 200mm. e.g.:

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/avid-sram-disc-20mm-post-mount-adaptor-fits-180mm-front-and-160mm-rear-rotors?refSrc=1806087782522&nosto=productpage-nosto-3

The DPX2 shock is a good match for the Jeffsy frame, the factory tune has a regressive (falling) leverage curve, I eventually settled on a 0.4 volume spacer made it feel "just right". The Jeffsy has pretty poor anti-squat and heavily relies on the shock's pedaling platform to climb somewhat efficiently on long climbs. Some folks really like the X2, but its lack of platform means it's really going to suit stronger climbers or those that are going to ride park/shuttle more than trail. The three position compression adjust on the DPX2 really benefits the Jeffsy in this regard, the middle setting is quite firm to begin with, and the lockout... well, it really feels locked out...

You will need to get the correct hardware to fit the DPX2, i.e. 10x20mm front and 10x40mm rear. Also, the shock doesn't ship with any volume spacers, you will need to purchase those separately. e.g.:

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/fox-float-x-and-dpx2-air-spring-volume-tuning-kit-1-2-shaft?variant=1517478871045

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
FYI...I did some additional research reaching out to YT. It appears Carbon and AL shock mounts ARE in fact different.
AL is:
front: Ø10x17,4mm (Carbon is x20mm)
rear: Ø10x40mm

The 17.4 is extremely hard to find, so consider that before selling a shock with the mounts still in.

Link to exploded drawing from YT: https://us.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/JEFFSY_AL_Exploded_Drawing5a5525647be7e.pdf

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 8:17 Quote
jkelm wrote:
FYI...I did some additional research reaching out to YT. It appears Carbon and AL shock mounts ARE in fact different.
AL is:

The 17.4 is extremely hard to find, so consider that before selling a shock with the mounts still in.

Link to exploded drawing from YT: https://us.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/JEFFSY_AL_Exploded_Drawing5a5525647be7e.pdf

My 2017 AL One is 10x20mm. I confirmed this with YT before switching and it fits.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
Robbeh wrote:
jkelm wrote:
AL is:

My 2017 AL One is 10x20mm. I confirmed this with YT before switching and it fits.

Well this is odd. Has YT not updated their exploded PDFs in awhile?

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 8:52 Quote
Robbeh wrote:
jkelm wrote:
AL is:

if my memory is right it depends on Al or Carbon AND on 2017 or 2018. But I can't find the details. My Al One 2017 has 10x20mm and 10x40mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012731
Mobile Version of Website