Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
Poulsbojohnny wrote:
Last day of the year. Who's riding?

Ugh, rain here in the Mid-Atlantic, got my final ride of 2018 in yesterday...

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Cheers guys, got plenty of information from you both to mull over. Got any tips to silence internal cables ratteling like mad? I’ve checked that everything is in the internal guides and I’m a bit stumped!

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 15:15 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Put on some 2.8 inch wide tires on my Jeffsy for the winter.
Tires are Schwalbe Nobby Nic, tubeless.
I'm glad they fit so well.

How did you get 2.8s to fit? How wide are your rims? I don't think I could fit a 2.6 on the rear of mine.

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 18:28 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
OneTrustMan wrote:

How did you get 2.8s to fit? How wide are your rims? I don't think I could fit a 2.6 on the rear of mine.

My girlfriend's bike has 27.5 x 3.0 NNs (Access Growler Charlie from Performance Bike), which measure exactly 3" outside to outside on the treads. I took her rear wheel (a QR) and dropped it in place on my Jeffsy 27 and it rubbed both sides. Took it out and measured the width of the contact points on the Jeffsy and sure enough, exactly 3". So a 2.8 has to fit. From what I have read, I will end up trying the NN 2.8s on the stock 30mm DT wheels.

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 0:31 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
OneTrustMan wrote:

Rims are 29mm wide.
The tires are 69mm at 23 psi.
Fits very well.

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
I’m sure they do fit, if you ride hard rim and tire flex will produced lots of rub on inside of chain stays. If you don’t care about some missing paint I don’t see the issue. As I stated earlier I get slight rub with 2.5 WT tires on carbon e13 rims.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:
I’m sure they do fit, if you ride hard rim and tire flex will produced lots of rub on inside of chain stays. If you don’t care about some missing paint I don’t see the issue. As I stated earlier I get slight rub with 2.5 WT tires on carbon e13 rims.

This is weird. I have 2.6 Rekon rear on 2018 XL and there's like 5mm clearance to chain stay on each side and even more to seat stay. I can't see how the wheel would flex so much at chain stay point, which is 90 degrees / a quarter of wheel turn away from the point of contact with ground. Even if the wheel flexes at it's ground contact, which it most likely does, it should flex back to it's nominal position at 90 rotational degrees away from the point of force application.

Edit: it could be the difference between S,M and L,XL frames. L and XL frames have 5mm longer chain stay than S and M, so it's different stay, slightly different shape and possibly having more side clearance to tire.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
Both of you are right.
I have an 2017 XL frame and there is still lots of space between the tire and the frame.
I pretty sure it's different for the smaller sizes.

That part about the side flex is also right.
But I will be fine.
For fast and hard riding I will chose my Capra.
The Jeffsy is my touring bike.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
So who’s converted their 27.5 carbon jeffsys to coil shock?

I’ve got a 2017 pro race and seriously considering switching to dhx2 in the rear, would love to hear some long term reviews of anyone who’s tried it already?

I can’t seem to get the bike plush enough through the rough with my dpx2 at the moment. Also thinking of switching my 34s to 36s up front.

Thanks dudes!

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:

I’ve got a 2017 pro race and seriously considering switching to dhx2 in the rear, would love to hear some long term reviews of anyone who’s tried it already?

I can’t seem to get the bike plush enough through the rough with my dpx2 at the moment. Also thinking of switching my 34s to 36s up front.

Thanks dudes!

Been struggling with lack of plushness of my DPX2 too, but then removed the stock volume spacer and moved from 30% sag to 25% sag and it made a lot of difference. Mind I'm 95kg/210lbs and I use 310psi to get to 25% sag. Still the bike behaves much better than when I used spacer, bigger sag and lower pressure. Edit: and I use 2 clicks of rebound from fully closed.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 6:49 Quote
oo-viper-oo wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Thanks dudes!

Been struggling with lack of plushness of my DPX2 too, but then removed the stock volume spacer and moved from 30% sag to 25% sag and it made a lot of difference. Mind I'm 95kg/210lbs and I use 310psi to get to 25% sag. Still the bike behaves much better than when I used spacer, bigger sag and lower pressure. Edit: and I use 2 clicks of rebound from fully closed.

There is something to this, the bottom spacers and less pressure, at least what I found with my 34 rhythm fork.

BTW...I just changed out my Float DPS stock shock with a Super Deluxe, MUCH better than the DPS, but currently no volume spacers. I'm also 210 lbs without gear. I think with the frame geometry of the Jeffsy, keeping that travel UP and in the more linear part of the leverage is important. The more you sag it out, the more it ramps up late in the stroke. I need to get a few volume spacers for the Super Deluxe and give it a shot, but honestly it's pretty damn good right now.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 9:56 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Thanks dudes!

I have been running a RS Super Deluxe Coil since last summer and definitely recommend going coil on this bike. Feels amazing and surprising still very playful/poppy!

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
oo-viper-oo wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Thanks dudes!

Ok cool I might try this before buying any new kit, I think I still like the idea of moving to coil but it’s definitely worth trying everything first.

Thanks Smile

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Thanks dudes!

I have been running a RS Super Deluxe Coil since last summer and definitely recommend going coil on this bike. Feels amazing and surprising still very playful/poppy!

Good to hear bud, that’s what I’m hoping for Smile

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Good to hear bud, that’s what I’m hoping for Smile

Something else I'll mention, I'm not sure if the DHX2 will be the same or not but I ended up leaving the LSC and rebound completely open. The frame is progressive enough that it felt best to me to just open the shock up with like 1 revolution of pre-load and let it do it's thing. Tracks the ground so well and feels bottomless on bigger hits. Makes me want to try the Push ACS3 on the pike to get the fork to better match the shock's performance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014531
Mobile Version of Website