Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Oh, you want a better geometry? - buy carbon.
Oh, you want an ever better geometry? - buy carbon 29".

Sooo basically f#ck 27.5 and AL at the same time.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
Zayphod wrote:
Oh, you want a better geometry? - buy carbon.
Oh, you want an ever better geometry? - buy carbon 29".

Sooo basically f#ck 27.5 and AL at the same time.
Yeah that's totally BS.
But hey. They have a pointless ad with some old dude talking about nonsense.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Yeah that's totally BS.
But hey. They have a pointless ad with some old dude talking about nonsense.

I was sooo excited when I saw the ad. And I was sooo disappointed when I saw their site.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is another company that offer a better geometry for their more expensive frames and bikes.That's totally something Apple would do...
Having some difference in geometry for 27.5" and 29" is understandable, but this...

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
Be patient. I’m sure the AL is coming later like they did with the Tues.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
Finally Fox 36s on the Pro Race!

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Finally Fox 36s on the Pro Race!

Yep, if they’d put and X2 and XO1 eagle or even X01 11sp and E13 cassette on that bike, I’d have a $5600 hole in my bank account right now.

But the rest of the lineup? I’ll stick with my 17 CF1, it’s served me well, and it’s got similar spec to the CF pro now. It seems like the CF pro and CF comp (old CF) took a hit in spec with no accompanying hit in price.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
Got to say anything less than the pro race spec wise is very meh! I tried to get a Pro race signed off by the wife earlier. Not having any of it. Likely the time she Green lights it they will be sold out.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Agreed, the CF Pro came with a better kit last year for less money.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
Deelog wrote:
Last year was also 150mm , those who upgraded the debonair could have had 160mm
escrowdog wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
US site is down for maintenance again this morning...New Jeffsy is imminent!!!

Edit: they’re here!

Looks like CF got the frame redesign, AL remains unchanged.

Looks like the fork on the AL is now 150mm vs last years 160mm??

Well...the Rhythm on my AL base was 160mm. It was advertised, specs on the website, 160/160...for the AL? Am I trippin???

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
escrowdog wrote:
Deelog wrote:
escrowdog wrote:

Looks like the fork on the AL is now 150mm vs last years 160mm??

Well...the Rhythm on my AL base was 160mm. It was advertised, specs on the website, 160/160...for the AL? Am I trippin???

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. My '18 AL Comp was advertised as and came 150/150.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
escrowdog wrote:
Deelog wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. My '18 AL Comp was advertised as and came 150/150.

Well, son of a.....!? Sure enough I went back and looked at my fork code on the Fox site, 150. Ughhh...I'll just go back to spectating.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Agreed, the CF Pro came with a better kit last year for less money.

Right, the prices are never going to get cheaper. I was honestly surprised they didn’t go up more than a few hundred bucks.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
KimH wrote:
Hi, very happy with my CF Pro 2018, but find it pretty annoying that the plugs to tighten the internal wiring pops out at every single ride. Any ideas how to keep these plugs in place to ensure proper sealing?
]
Had the same problem on my Capra 2018.
I used a little piece of inner tube wrapped around the cabel to hold it tight.
It won't hold forever, but it works and it's a cheap solution.
Thanks for your input, I will try that. But hadn't expected to fiddle with things like this on a bike in this price range....

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
escrowdog wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:
escrowdog wrote:

Well, son of a.....!? Sure enough I went back and looked at my fork code on the Fox site, 150. Ughhh...I'll just go back to spectating.

You might have had your fork sag set all wrong since day 1 escrowdog , wait fox dont have sag indicator like pike , still you taking say 25% of 150mm thinking it was 160mm would put you off am i right in thinking this or is my coffee messing me up?

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Deelog wrote:
escrowdog wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:

You might have had your fork sag set all wrong since day 1 escrowdog , wait fox dont have sag indicator like pike , still you taking say 25% of 150mm thinking it was 160mm would put you off am i right in thinking this or is my coffee messing me up?

No...no...I think I'm just an idiot! LOL I recently picked up an MRP Ribbon coil fork and it's set at 170mm (adjustable) and was thinking it was only 10mm longer. Snow on the ground here now, so haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Definitely feels even more slack. Because it's 20mm longer! :-)) Although honestly looking at them side by side on the bench, there definitely was not 20mm difference eyeballing them. I don't really have any need for that much suspension for most of my riding, but figured I'd throw it on before I adjust travel...then the weather turned to $hit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018446
Mobile Version of Website