Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
Anyone go from A Rocky Thunderbolt to a Jeffsy 27? , looking for a change but not sure if its too much bike for southern Ontario

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Can’t help but notice that the CF comp is a generalized downgrade from the CF last year and CF1the year before that. Aaluminum rear triangle and downgrade in several parts.

First place I saw this mentioned and it's an important point, previously all Jeffsy carbon bikes were full carbon front and rear including the CF/CF One/Two previous year models, now the entry level carbon has an aluminum rear triangle, sneaky.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Can’t help but notice that the CF comp is a generalized downgrade from the CF last year and CF1the year before that. Aaluminum rear triangle and downgrade in several parts.

First place I saw this mentioned and it's an important point, previously all Jeffsy carbon bikes were full carbon front and rear including the CF/CF One/Two previous year models, now the entry level carbon has an aluminum rear triangle, sneaky.

I had not noticed this either. Thats a little shady.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Croft1 wrote:
Anyone go from A Rocky Thunderbolt to a Jeffsy 27? , looking for a change but not sure if its too much bike for southern Ontario

Let me know what you find out. I'm looking for my first FS bike and will likely be moving back to KW this summer, allowing me to hit the Hydrocut again. Still debating between 27.5 and 29er but the Jeffsy was going to be my bike of choice.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 9:56 Quote
s-g wrote:
Croft1 wrote:

Let me know what you find out. I'm looking for my first FS bike and will likely be moving back to KW this summer, allowing me to hit the Hydrocut again. Still debating between 27.5 and 29er but the Jeffsy was going to be my bike of choice.

I'm based in the GTA and have had the opportunity to ride both bikes as one of my riding buddies has a thunderbolt...i think 2016 or 2017? I generally will ride kelso, don valley, Hilton falls, Durham forest, etc. and love the jeffsy for it. You definitely notice at times it's heavier than a more xc oriented bike like the thunderbolt but I personally don't think it's a limitation. On fast downhills or steeper trails it's noticeably more stable and I think the slightly reduced climbing ability and additional weight is a reasonable trade off. As long as you make sure you're selecting the appropriate gear and not grinding in one thats too high gear, the bike should still feel nimble. Have had some issues getting used to tight uphills with the longer wheelbase (I'm on an xl, 6'3 225 lbs), and have had some issues with the e13 dropper. No dealbreakers for me but worth noting. Feel free to send me a pm with more questions! Hope that helps

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
Hi everyone, do you know if the 34 fit4 damper fits in the rhythm 34?

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
Because I was asked about the tire clearance of the 2.8" Nobby Nic tires on my XL 27.
I decided to upload some pictures. ( Model year 2017 )
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/OneTrustMan/album/

Cheers! Smile

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
AndreaYT11 wrote:
Hi everyone, do you know if the 34 fit4 damper fits in the rhythm 34?

Best to call or e-mail Fox on that one.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
New Jeffsy to be added to our family’s stable tomorrow. I’ll upload pics of the gray AL base if anyone is interested.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
Do you guys know how it would affect my bike if I installed the DPX2 shock on my 2018 al spec bike while keeping the original 150mn fork?

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 4:51 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
New Jeffsy to be added to our family’s stable tomorrow. I’ll upload pics of the gray AL base if anyone is interested.

I am definitely interested!

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Do you guys know how it would affect my bike if I installed the DPX2 shock on my 2018 al spec bike while keeping the original 150mn fork?

230x60 or 230x65 DPX2?

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
Robbeh wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

230x60 or 230x65 DPX2?

I'm looking at the DPX2 from the pro race, so 230x65

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Robbeh wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:

230x60 or 230x65 DPX2?

Honestly that's a great question. If you increased the actual eye to eye length of the shock it would raise the BB height and steepen the head tube angle, but you're not doing that. In theory, I don't think this would affect the geo but might lead to the bike feeling unbalanced during maximum travel events.

Personally I'd go to 160 travel in the front as well. I'm running a 36 160mm in front and a 230x65 DPX2 in the back with no regrets.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
Robbeh wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
Robbeh wrote:

230x60 or 230x65 DPX2?

Honestly that's a great question. If you increased the actual eye to eye length of the shock it would raise the BB height and steepen the head tube angle, but you're not doing that. In theory, I don't think this would affect the geo but might lead to the bike feeling unbalanced during maximum travel events.

Personally I'd go to 160 travel in the front as well. I'm running a 36 160mm in front and a 230x65 DPX2 in the back with no regrets.

You can install 230x65 DPX2 and keep your 150mm fork, there's no problem with that. Eye-to-eye distance is the same, the additional 5mm of travel are "at the end of the travel", they're not changing the geometry in any way. And Jeffsy is so progressive bike that I barely ever use those last 5mm of travel on my PRO RACE anyway, so no worries it would somehow unbalance your bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012760
Mobile Version of Website