Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
TibZ wrote:
All I can tell you for sure is it fits in a 2018 jeffsy CF XL, slammed to the seat collar.

You can measure (or find on race face website?) the length of yours and compare with the One Up dropper dimensions?

Or buy the 150 mm. Or buy the 170 mm, and if it doesn't fit, send it back and get the 150 mm instead.

Thanks for the info. I found that the RF 150mm/125mm max insertion is 225mm and the OneUp 170mm is 243mm so I need an extra 18mm room in the seat tube. I emailed YT to ask and will try to do a rough measure on my frame but of course it's hard to do accurately because of tube thickness changes etc.

150mm OneUp would 100% work but I would love to be able to run the 170mm shimmed and get a few more mm of drop out of it, and be able to use it on future bikes with the full 170mm, for example if I upgraded to a 2019+ Jeffsy with the short seat tube.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
gramboh wrote:
TibZ wrote:
All I can tell you for sure is it fits in a 2018 jeffsy CF XL, slammed to the seat collar.

You can measure (or find on race face website?) the length of yours and compare with the One Up dropper dimensions?

Or buy the 150 mm. Or buy the 170 mm, and if it doesn't fit, send it back and get the 150 mm instead.

Thanks for the info. I found that the RF 150mm/125mm max insertion is 225mm and the OneUp 170mm is 243mm so I need an extra 18mm room in the seat tube. I emailed YT to ask and will try to do a rough measure on my frame but of course it's hard to do accurately because of tube thickness changes etc.

150mm OneUp would 100% work but I would love to be able to run the 170mm shimmed and get a few more mm of drop out of it, and be able to use it on future bikes with the full 170mm, for example if I upgraded to a 2019+ Jeffsy with the short seat tube.

You can use a normal seatpost that is long enough to go down to the kinked point of the seat tube, mark it with a marker pen at the colar point, remove it and measure it, then you'll know the max depth the droper can go and compare it with the oneup170

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 23:45 Quote
If we assume the dimensions of the CF, to be close to identical to the AL. Then it will fit just fine.

I run a 170 OneUp in my 2017 AL frame, and it's slammed to the collar :-)

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
Good ideas guys, I do have a 31.6 fixed seapost kicking around somewhere, and SkipSkovhugger I think the frames are similar enough it should work! Cheers

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
Well got the X2 all set up! 210 PSI to get 30%. I just went with all the middle number of clicks on the reccomended chart from fox to start with. Now if it would just stop snowing!

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
EastcoastHammer wrote:
Now if it would just stop snowing!
Put plus size tires on it Razz

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Good ideas guys, I do have a 31.6 fixed seapost kicking around somewhere, and SkipSkovhugger I think the frames are similar enough it should work! Cheers

As promised, a few pictures of the my XL Jefssy CF '18 with the One Up 170 mm dropper + e 13 remote lever:

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
^^ Thanks dude! I should note that YT emailed me back and advised the seat tube reaming depth is around 225mm on my size large frame so I don't think the 170 will fit slammed. They said they haven't tested deeper than that but it's possible. I don't want to take the chance since my legs can only fit 155 maybe 160mm drop, I will go with 150 it's still a huge improvement from my 125mm Race Face.

Wow, the stack height looks so much lower than the RF dropper in those pics, looking forward to it. Just need to figure out if my Race Face Turbine remote will work, not sure it will because of where the cable is clamped.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Has anyone adjusted their E Thirteen dropper cable. Mine has become so slack that the barrel to adjust the tension just wobbles around and is ineffective.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
Along16 wrote:
Has anyone adjusted their E Thirteen dropper cable. Mine has become so slack that the barrel to adjust the tension just wobbles around and is ineffective.

Yes. This is done at the lever. Wind the barrel adjuster back in so you can use it to fine tune things and then just take the cover off the lever, loosen the pinch bolt, pull some more cable through, tighten the bolt, put the cover back on and you're done. It's pretty simple.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:

Yes. This is done at the lever. Wind the barrel adjuster back in so you can use it to fine tune things and then just take the cover off the lever, loosen the pinch bolt, pull some more cable through, tighten the bolt, put the cover back on and you're done. It's pretty simple.

Thank you

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
EastcoastHammer wrote:
Well got the X2 all set up! 210 PSI to get 30%. I just went with all the middle number of clicks on the reccomended chart from fox to start with. Now if it would just stop snowing!

Best decision and upgrade for this bike probably. You will have a blast with the x2.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
It has arrived!!!

Man the specs for the CF Pro model became really bad in just 2 years of time.
My 2017 CF Pro came with a X01 Eagle and cranks, Guide RSC brakes, high end Fox suspension but without kashima and a race face dropper instead of that shitty e13 one.
Ok back than the price was 100 bucks more.

The geometry however is better than on the old model.
Have fun and take good care of it Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
provin1327 wrote:
It has arrived!!!

Man the specs for the CF Pro model became really bad in just 2 years of time.
My 2017 CF Pro came with a X01 Eagle and cranks, Guide RSC brakes, high end Fox suspension but without kashima and a race face dropper instead of that shitty e13 one.
Ok back than the price was 100 bucks more.

The geometry however is better than on the old model.
Have fun and take good care of it Smile

Basically the CF pro 19 is the CF 18 (fork, shock, stem, handlebars, brakes, dropper, wheels, tires...). Only the drivetrain changed from Shimano to Sram. But the price increased substantially.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046828
Mobile Version of Website