Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
I had the same, took it apart several times. Measured my ass off, the cogs, the hub, everything. Finally i concluded that it might not fit the hub perfectly.So I got mad, lubed it, gave it a few grown man slaps with a rubber hammer. Then I reset the derailleur, and it works almost flawless now.

But it's still not as smooth as I would like my gears to be. Once this stuff is ruined I'll replace it with something else.

Just got new part from E Thirteen as they said it was something wrong with the model I got. The new one cracked at 3Nm and now I'm waiting for support. Really stressed out as my bike is unusable now. My TRS cassette was really hard to get flush to the DT swiss XD drive. Used a rubber hammer and towel to hit it in place. Don't know if the wobble is fixed with the new part as it cracked in two.......

Want to update on this case that I got another cassette from E thirteen and used one shim that came with the package.
Now the cassette is perfect and no wobble. Haven't checked the shifting yet properly.

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
Anybody had the chance to compare the '18 to a '19?

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
Ronstafario wrote:
Anybody had the chance to compare the '18 to a '19?

Yes. I demo'd an 2018 CF last year in Fruita Colorado and I currently own a 2019 CF Pro. The 2018 Jeffsy felt more poppy and snappy than the 2019 but the 2019 feels a lot more stable at speed. Dont get me wrong the 2019 can still be quick and snappy but it really does lean more towards a bigger, lower, and more stable feeling bike. I feel much more "in" the 2019 Jeffsy rather than "on top" of it. The 2019 does feel a lot longer which makes sense when you compare geometry between the 2019 and 2018.

One last note, the 2019 Jeffsy looks a hell of a lot cleaner and up to today's standards than the 2018. To me the 2019 frame looks better than the 2018 and the internal cable routing is very clean when compared to the 2018.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
wrote:
escrowdog wrote:
Hard to tell...are you running your flip chip in the High or Low position?
It's on the high right now: with the 160 Pike I can run the advised 30% sag in the 65 mm X2 without slackening the seatpost way too much. It's still slacker than the original (150mm Pike with ~27% of 60mm shock). I measured around 65 degrees on the fork.
This is what got me when I saw the Jeffsy 27 first: you can set it up to anything from a light trail bike to a full-on small mountain enduro rig.

Ya, I'm at 170mm on my MRP Ribbon coil and running the chip in the high position, Super Deluxe RC3 rear 230x60. The fork was used and came to me set at 170 so I slapped it on for grins, way too slack and floppy out front in the low chip position, so I flipped it and rode it. I certainly don't think I NEED 170mm of travel, but I have to say I'm really enjoying the lack of pedal strikes now!! Even with more suspension movement on climbs riding wide open compression front and rear it's not bothering me at this point, really like the added traction and comfort over rough trails.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
I’m ready to purchase a new 36 and have been considering at 170mm on the fence about it.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
Yeah, play around with 170mm and see if you like it. As you know, the nice thing is you can reduce the travel fairly easy and inexpensively.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Valid point thanks, ordered 170 if I don’t like it cheap to change looked like $45 for new air shaft.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 3:33 Quote
MRP Ribbon is adjustable internally, 150-170mm...nothing more to buy.

At any rate, I agree, go for the 170 Fox and give it shot. Again, I'm not sure I NEED 170mm travel, but with the chip in the high position the lack of pedal strikes is worth it. I would say I do feel a bit more pressure through my hands than the stock low chip and 150mm Fox Rhythm I replaced, but the bike still feels balanced and not "over the bars", still slack when standing and descending.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
I have the cf pro race so only 10mm bump for me.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:

The geometry is exactly the same, no frame difference between cf and cf pro and cf race.

I would say the balanced choice is 160 mm, 150 and 170 mm being slightly changing this in one direction or another (more/less slack, responsive, uphill(or trail) vs downhill-oriented etc).

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Superlate79 wrote:

The geometry is exactly the same, no frame difference between cf and cf pro and cf race.

I would say the balanced choice is 160 mm, 150 and 170 mm being slightly changing this in one direction or another (more/less slack, responsive, uphill(or trail) vs downhill-oriented etc).

Frame geo is, bike geo isn't. Pro race comes with a taller fork and the bike geo is adjusted (webpage lists bike geo)

Fun fact: Jeffsy 27 Mk1 fork had the same height in the geo chart as the 160mm pike even though it came with a fox 36, not sure about Mk2 numbers.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
Yes, of course, as the frame is the same for all variants, if you put a 160 mm fork instead of a 150 mm one, you get different angles Wink

(Roughly 0.5 degree for each 10 mm travel)

Edit: ok sorry, after reading again, I understand your answer. I was talking about frames only. Should not have used the term geometry like I did.

So to clarify, The important thing is: all 3 frames (cf, pro, race) are the same (except paintwork, ofc), only fork height / travel is modifying the geometry.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Yes, of course, as the frame is the same for all variants, if you put a 160 mm fork instead of a 150 mm one, you get different angles Wink

(Roughly 0.5 degree for each 10 mm travel)

Edit: ok sorry, after reading again, I understand your answer. I was talking about frames only. Should not have used the term geometry like I did.

So to clarify, The important thing is: all 3 frames (cf, pro, race) are the same (except paintwork, ofc), only fork height / travel is modifying the geometry.

yeah, we are both right. This is trickier than it seems. Smile
To colorize it even more, pro race has 65 mm stroke. If you use the same %sag, it'll tilt more backwards than it would with the 60 shock.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
Anyone put a superdeluxe shock on thier Jeffsy. If so, how was the install and how do you like the results and riding with the superdeluxe rear shock.

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
Anyone put a superdeluxe shock on thier Jeffsy. If so, how was the install and how do you like the results and riding with the superdeluxe rear shock.

I thought about doing so too, but is there a 230 x 65 (or even 60) version of the superdeluxe? Could not find anything that would fit the jeffsy (except the coil version, but I assume you are talking about the air one).

And also for now I'm thinking the topaz is probably better than the super deluxe, for roughly the same price (~400€ here in Europe), anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017487
Mobile Version of Website