Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 23:42 Quote
oldmanwithbikes wrote:
got a question for you yt jeffsy folks(27.5),anyone tried a 2.6 tire on the rear of this bike??

looking at getting a pro race,but love the wider tires......thx

lynn
I haven't personally, but I've seen a couple of people who have. I think one was over at mtbr forums with a couple of photos

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 0:38 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
I'm 82kg, and run 2 volume spacers in my deluxe shock at 225psi. Nice and firm, sits at 20-25% sag, currently my setup for when I ride downhill. Bring it to 210-215psi for normal riding, around 25-30% sag

Is your pump okay dude, or do you huck-to-flat a lot? I can't imagine how it can move at all with that much pressure. Or maybe you like it hard (I know that's what she said), no problem with that, I am just asking.

I am 85ks and run with 160psi, no bands which equals a ~32% sag and even with this I am unable to use full travel. Which is no wonder because with my settings and weight it bottoms out at 7500N which is more than most other frames ( a Speci Enduro or a Bronson goes up only until 6000N-ish on 30% sag. This is the force btw I am capable of putting to the rear wheel of my Jeffsyca too with no jumping so I could use full travel on those bikes with my style. Btw the Nomad 3 on 30% has the same 7500N bottom out force and that is not a trail bike either.)

225psi takes the unbelievably high 11000 N to bottom it out (not counting the bands which add to the progression), which is almost twice the force I'd bottom out a Bronson for example.

Yeah, your pump seems to be okay, 82kgs and 225psi outs it to 21% sag.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 0:57 Quote
For anyone considering the Gabaruk 10-50 11sp cassette, and wondering if the rear mech can handle the range.
For the X1 on the MY17 AL One, it is a no go.
If I make the chain "short" enough, to have at least a little tension on the chain when in the 10t. Then I max out the mech at full compression. And I'm still at 150mm travel, so 160mm would be worse.
Although there's not a lot of chaingrowth, it's enough to be too much in this instance.

On the other hand, if I make the chain long enough, to have just a very small amount of movement left in the mech at full compression. Then there's no tension on the mech, so the chain grinds on itself. No amount of B-screw adjustment can fix this.
Well, their cage will fix the issue. I had just hoped that I wouldn't have to extend my mech.

The cassette does seems to be surprisingly good quality though.
And doesn't weigh half a kilo, like the GX Eagle does.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
oldmanwithbikes wrote:
got a question for you yt jeffsy folks(27.5),anyone tried a 2.6 tire on the rear of this bike??

lynn
I haven't personally, but I've seen a couple of people who have. I think one was over at mtbr forums with a couple of hotos

thanks dude...you were right...pics and all

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 1:38 Quote
Hello dear jeffsy owners. I've been looking to upgrade my 29er hardtail to playful trail bike that can take lighter side enduro/dh too (no big hits) and seems like jeffsy is best option. 29 wheels feel too big on technical slow stuff, tight turns etc. I think my height 5'6 has effect on that too.

Only thing concerning me is pedaling effiency. Guy on link below sure makes the suspension sound not-so-efficient if bike shakes you around every root. My trails are literally full of big roots as i can show on video clip later on. Maybe his suspension isn't set right? I really need a bike that i can pedal through root sections without bouncing around as thats the reason im not enjoying hard tail on first place

https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/comments/8wu4eh/yt_jeffsy_owners_any_issues_with_your_bike_my/

Here is what my trails consist of. I can tell you this isn't fun on hardtail after riding couple hours Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FqDY2vih8

Also, what kind of suspension you think is best for this kind of terrain. 27 AL with fox rhytm etc or 27 AL Comp with rockshox? Or do i need to save more money for even better setup (or bike). I don't want to be upgrading later like i had to do on my hardtail.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
oldmanwithbikes wrote:

lynn

I'm running Schwalbe 2.6 NN and RR.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
Obikeo wrote:
oldmanwithbikes wrote:

lynn

How do you like this setup compared to the e13's and does the rear ever rub?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 11:46 Quote
Nicks9947 wrote:
Obikeo wrote:
oldmanwithbikes wrote:

lynn

How do you like this setup compared to the e13's and does the rear ever rub?

Made a huge difference for me. So much faster now. The e13 felt like i was dragging an anchor.

Obviously the rear doesn't grip quite as well, but I don't mind the rear being a little loose. I'll use the e13 for any shuttle/uplift days.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
thank you very much for the pics dude...answers that question

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
Sorry, I should've been more specific. Wondering whether or not you made a good decision to go with the 2.6's, and if you have any marks on the seatstay/chainstay. Mine are already dinged up from rocks and mud with the 2.35 and it's only a couple months old. Same bike btw Beer

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 17:43 Quote
So how many of you carry a spare derailleur hanger when you ride. I have been but it just dawned on me that without a spanner I am not going to be replacing it out on the trail anyway. It's kind of weird that YT didn't make a hanger that attaches with a hex bolt.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
Does anybody know what happened to the "Size doesn't matter" video? Is it still available somewhere?

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 0:53 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
So how many of you carry a spare derailleur hanger when you ride. I have been but it just dawned on me that without a spanner I am not going to be replacing it out on the trail anyway. It's kind of weird that YT didn't make a hanger that attaches with a hex bolt.

You can use your axle to get it off. Just thread it in from the opposite side.
I know it's from a Capra, but it applies to the Jeffsy as well Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEVawjqHcA

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:

You can use your axle to get it off. Just thread it in from the opposite side.
I know it's from a Capra, but it applies to the Jeffsy as well Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEVawjqHcA

That's awesome! I was wondering if that would work but I hadn't tried it. Good to know.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to the "Size doesn't matter" video? Is it still available somewhere?

It’s been gone for a while, I liked that one. Not sure why it got pulled offline.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023191
Mobile Version of Website