Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Switch to debonair spring while doing lowers service for increased performance and this problem to never happen again.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
Whitesp0t wrote:
TibZ wrote:
Whitesp0t wrote:
How to people like the default RaceFace steerer bar on AL model?
I run XL size and is 192cm. Feel like the bike is a tad low in the front.

The default is maybe a 20mm riser. thinking about 30-40mm. Insane or OK?
Should I also get an shorter stem?

I'm 189 cm and felt the same at first. I increased fork travel to 160 mm (pike, debonair spring), put flipchip in low, and run the rear sag around 33%. Did it for me.

Ok. Just mounted an RockShox Super Delux Coil and running Low on the flipchip. Don't think I will cash out an new fork this season. Riserbar it is then. Thanks for the answer!

Let us know how you like the Deluxe coil. I did this the same thing last month and it really improved both the climbing and descending on the jeffsy. Don't be hesitant to play with the coil spring weight a little.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Switch to debonair spring while doing lowers service for increased performance and this problem to never happen again.

2018 Pike comes with the Debonair, rode 6 miles today was flawless. That said I will keep a better eye on my front fork, sag level percentage marks and o ring on my rides. I’m sure it was showing signs of negative pressure but I’m a big dumb animal and tend to not pay attention, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
RyeThomas wrote:
TibZ wrote:

2018 Pike comes with the Debonair, rode 6 miles today was flawless. That said I will keep a better eye on my front fork, sag level percentage marks and o ring on my rides. I’m sure it was showing signs of negative pressure but I’m a big dumb animal and tend to not pay attention, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

The 2018 Jeffsy came with the new debonair fork but the airspring is the old style spring and not the new upgraded debonair spring. If you have a 2019 jeffsy then it has the new debonair air spring but the 2018 has to be upgraded. I know this because I pulled the 2018 jeffsy pike fork apart and it had the old spring in it so I had to buy the upgraded debonair spring to upgrade it. The new debonair spring really improves the performance of the pike.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
Ok, well for $50 bucks I’ll give it a whirl and order one, Thanks for the info, I thought it was done. Rye

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
Hey guys,
I just installed the One-up dropper and it fixed the issue I was having, however when I tighten the clamp to spec the dropper will not raise to the full height. So I loosen it and the seat pops up all the way but twists in the clamp while I ride. Anybody have any tips? I didn't cut the cable housing when I switched, just had to shorten the inner cable a bit.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Carbon assembly paste

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
RyeThomas wrote:
TibZ wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

The 2018 Jeffsy came with the new debonair fork but the airspring is the old style spring and not the new upgraded debonair spring. If you have a 2019 jeffsy then it has the new debonair air spring but the 2018 has to be upgraded. I know this because I pulled the 2018 jeffsy pike fork apart and it had the old spring in it so I had to buy the upgraded debonair spring to upgrade it. The new debonair spring really improves the performance of the pike.

This may depend on the build date. Recently took delivery of a leftover 18'. Was surprised to see 'Debonair' etched on the upper left stanchion. Somewhere in this thread another user posted if you have a debonair sticker on the lower it has the old solo spring. The debonair etching on the upper has the new spring. I called sram with the serial number and the tech said I have the new spring. Note I haven't ripped it apart yet to confirm.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
First ride today on 2019 fox x2 on my cf pro race. As I expected much more supple than dpx2. Grip2 with x2 has transformed the ride. The dpx2 and 34 was a harsher ride. Had a little shock wiz help to dial in. Fork need a few things tweaked. X2 only asked me to slow lsr down. All in all happy with the upgrades and would recommend. Still would like to try coil at some point but got a great deal on x2 couldn’t pass up.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
Does anyone have a hack for removing the ethirteen cassette without their removal tool? I’ve tried searching, but had no luck.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
Shredlehem wrote:
Does anyone have a hack for removing the ethirteen cassette without their removal tool? I’ve tried searching, but had no luck.

Channel locks pliers or pipe wrench.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:
Had a little shock wiz help to dial in...X2 only asked me to slow lsr down.
Would you please share the settings shockwiz came up with for the x2? (and your weight). I m curious how different they are from factory recommendations. Thanks

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
zapat wrote:
Superlate79 wrote:
Had a little shock wiz help to dial in...X2 only asked me to slow lsr down.
Would you please share the settings shockwiz came up with for the x2? (and your weight). I m curious how different they are from factory recommendations. Thanks

Running no volume spacers x2 isn’t as progressive as dpx2 which is what I was looking for. I had the volume spacer removed from dpx2 and could not achieve full travel with 4’ drops.

I’m 195 geared up. I did start with hsc almost fully open from everything I’ve read about x2 and others experiences. That was only setting I moved away from at beginning of tests vs factory settings.
Fox X2 230x65, Shockwiz playful
Psi 225 Dynamic Sag 35% probably could add 5-10 psi.
Hsc 21
Lsc 13
Hsr 8
Lsr 11
Fox 36 170 Grip 2 Shockwiz playful
Psi 66 1 volume spacer 18% Dynamic sag
Hsc 12
Lsc 6
Hsr 6
Lsr 5

Will continue to test on more trails after wife’s bike is dialed in.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Thanks! Almost same weight.
Do you/does shockwiz counts clicks from 0 or 1? (so end setting counts as click or it doesn't)? Even the factory service truck guys disagree on this. Smile

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
Shredlehem wrote:
Just did it with a pipe wrench yesterday, but the lockring doesn't look well afterwards.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022054
Mobile Version of Website