Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: May 5, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
zapat wrote:
Thanks! Almost same weight.
Do you/does shockwiz counts clicks from 0 or 1? (so end setting counts as click or it doesn't)? Even the factory service truck guys disagree on this. Smile

I start counting first click from closed (full clockwise).

After today’s ride I will be adding a 2nd volume reducer to the fork.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
zapat wrote:
Thanks! Almost same weight.
Do you/does shockwiz counts clicks from 0 or 1? (so end setting counts as click or it doesn't)? Even the factory service truck guys disagree on this. Smile

Jordi vs. Marshy Big Grin

"You are counting from nothing!", so funny.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
If some of you want a buttery smooth dropper lever for a really good price, than take a look at the ZTTO lever.
That 20-25$ lever is a copy of the Wolftooth lever, but they were smart enough to make that plastic part out of alluminium.
I have the ZTTO lever on my hardtail and it works really great.
That lever also works with the original Wolftooth parts....Well, no suprise here lol

https://tinyurl.com/y2zsxe2h

So this will work with the oneup post?
Has anyone else used this?
Also, can I match it to my sram lever clamp?
I'm about to sell my eThirteen post with remote and will replace the remote with this

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:
zapat wrote:
Superlate79 wrote:
Had a little shock wiz help to dial in...X2 only asked me to slow lsr down.
Would you please share the settings shockwiz came up with for the x2? (and your weight). I m curious how different they are from factory recommendations. Thanks

Running no volume spacers x2 isn’t as progressive as dpx2 which is what I was looking for. I had the volume spacer removed from dpx2 and could not achieve full travel with 4’ drops.

I’m 195 geared up. I did start with hsc almost fully open from everything I’ve read about x2 and others experiences. That was only setting I moved away from at beginning of tests vs factory settings.
Fox X2 230x65, Shockwiz playful
Psi 225 Dynamic Sag 35% probably could add 5-10 psi.
Hsc 21
Lsc 13
Hsr 8
Lsr 11
Fox 36 170 Grip 2 Shockwiz playful
Psi 66 1 volume spacer 18% Dynamic sag
Hsc 12
Lsc 6
Hsr 6
Lsr 5

Will continue to test on more trails after wife’s bike is dialed in.

Thanks for posting your setup. What kind of trails are you typically riding?

I'm also on a Pro Race with an X2 but still running pretty close to the recommended settings. I made minor adjustments to the fork compression but felt the X2 was spot on. Biggest difference from your setup is less pressure in the shock, more LSC and more LSR; which is interesting.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
2 different trails I have been was mainly flow, small jumps/tabletops, small drops 3-4’, lots of climbing and few roots. Nothing chunky or technical yet. Have it on wife’s bike atm. I need to do more testing on other trails. I know I will need another reducer in fork. I’ll post any changes in the future.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Looking for a little advice. Im 5'9" riding a medium 2018 CF Pro which i find a little cramped and a feel really heavy on the bars, my hands fall asleep sometimes as well. Would a longer stem fix this problem? I was looking at adding a 70mm stem, is that going to be a huge jump from the 50mm stem that came stock? would a 60mm stem be a better option? thanks for the help.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
Looking for a little advice. Im 5'9" riding a medium 2018 CF Pro which i find a little cramped and a feel really heavy on the bars, my hands fall asleep sometimes as well. Would a longer stem fix this problem? I was looking at adding a 70mm stem, is that going to be a huge jump from the 50mm stem that came stock? would a 60mm stem be a better option? thanks for the help.
Could be a handlebar problem.
I know that some people have problems with their hands falling asleep over time,
fixed it with bars that have more backsweep.
Sqlab and others make handlebars with 12° - 16° backsweep.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
Or a 40-50mm riser bar may be the ticket

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
trothgeb wrote:

I have a serious question as I am trying to understand this myself. For reference I am 5'10" on a medium 2018 Jeffsy 27. If you have too much weight on your hands wouldn't adding more reach just make that worse? I actually have my saddle all the way forward on the rails and if I don't I find myself sitting towards the nose of the saddle. So what makes the bike feel cramped? Maybe I don't understand what that means. I've only been riding for 2 years so I'm still figuring all this stuff out.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
If you have too much weight on your hands wouldn't adding more reach just make that worse?

Not necessarily, it's not directly related imho, longer stem just spreads you (and your weight) more. I think it's stack what matters and my opinion is that Jeffsy has overall aggressively low stack. I suffered from weight on my hands for sure. First I tested with 40mm rise bars and it helped quite a bit so then I got new fork with longer steerer, put few spacers below stem and problem solved.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
When I replaced my fork I did the same as mentioned above. Had slight hand pain now it’s gone. Left 20mm longer than stock fork so I raised 10mm and have room to go more if needed. New set of riser bars would be cheaper option.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
I serviced my TRS+ Dropper yesterday (really recommended, clear change in motion!) and didn't like the mess of cabling I found, so I decided to redo the shifter cable and housing. I read a little bit on best practices to do that and already have the new cable going through the frame. The next step would be to "just slide the housing through the fame using the cable as a guidance" as it is often referred to. Yeah, in theory it sounded very simple but the Jeffsy (201Cool frame with it's kink in the downtube ...

Anyhow, for the more experienced guys here, any good tipps and tricks or hacks? My next approach without any input would be to cut the new housing in an appropiate size and see if I come far enough so I can see the cable coming out on the other side and may have a better control on the movements. My next step than would have been to somehow fix the housing to the cable and pull it through.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
I serviced my TRS+ Dropper yesterday (really recommended, clear change in motion!) and didn't like the mess of cabling I found, so I decided to redo the shifter cable and housing. I read a little bit on best practices to do that and already have the new cable going through the frame. The next step would be to "just slide the housing through the fame using the cable as a guidance" as it is often referred to. Yeah, in theory it sounded very simple but the Jeffsy (201Cool frame with it's kink in the downtube ...

Anyhow, for the more experienced guys here, any good tipps and tricks or hacks? My next approach without any input would be to cut the new housing in an appropiate size and see if I come far enough so I can see the cable coming out on the other side and may have a better control on the movements. My next step than would have been to somehow fix the housing to the cable and pull it through.

I learned this the hard way, as well. First, remove the fork from the bike. It's nearly impossible to get housing through the guides in the head tube with the fork installed. Second, pick up on the the little barb connectors that are sold for pulling hose for a Reverb. Use that to attach new housing to old to make pulling new housing much easier.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
To all of you who have changed the trs+ dropper:
Following your suggestions here I got myself the OneUp 170 (2018 AL Medium, 30" inseam, fits me perfectly slammed, also comes with shims which I didn't expect)
I rushed to get the new dropper on the bike with as little hustle as possible but I couldn't manage to remove that last screw from the trs post that is on the other side of the cable housing. is there any easy way I might have missed of taking it off? as of now it sits inside my frame, under the newly installed dropper...

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Everything fine here, my only problem was to get the new housing over the cable. I did it by gluing and taping the housing to the cable (that I had correctly through the frame), a short wait and just pulling it through. No hassle at all. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008949
Mobile Version of Website