Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
buddymtb wrote:
trothgeb wrote:
Looking for a little advice. Im 5'9" riding a medium 2018 CF Pro which i find a little cramped and a feel really heavy on the bars, my hands fall asleep sometimes as well. Would a longer stem fix this problem? I was looking at adding a 70mm stem, is that going to be a huge jump from the 50mm stem that came stock? would a 60mm stem be a better option? thanks for the help.

Before you invest in a longer stem, try rolling the bars forward. The Jeffsy has a shorter reach and I solved that by rolling the bars forward which took the pressure off of my hands and I had a lot more room to maneuver on the bike. Also, if you have room on the fork tube, add more spacers to raise the bars up.

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like a longer stem is not the way to go. I will play around with the spacer and rolling the bars to see if I can get a better fit

Let us know how it turns out.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
Looking for some input, I would like to upgrade the shock on my 2017 Jeffsy as it gets quite rough over rock gardens and consecutive hits, I was looking at the Marzocchi Bomber CR 230x65 listed here: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/collections/marzocchi/products/marzocchi-2019-bomber-cr-230x65
I've never had a coil shock so I was wondering if it would be a suitable upgrade or would I lose too much of the progressiveness of the bike. I can also get a Rockshox super deluxe R 230x60 for reasonable price, I've read that the extra reservoir helps with cooling over consecutive hits and I would assume it would retain the same progressiveness. I test rode a kona process with one and I really liked it. Or should I just stick with the deluxe, Thoughts?

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
rusbus123 wrote:
Looking for some input, I would like to upgrade the shock on my 2017 Jeffsy as it gets quite rough over rock gardens and consecutive hits, I was looking at the Marzocchi Bomber CR 230x65 listed here: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/collections/marzocchi/products/marzocchi-2019-bomber-cr-230x65
I've never had a coil shock so I was wondering if it would be a suitable upgrade or would I lose too much of the progressiveness of the bike. I can also get a Rockshox super deluxe R 230x60 for reasonable price, I've read that the extra reservoir helps with cooling over consecutive hits and I would assume it would retain the same progressiveness. I test rode a kona process with one and I really liked it. Or should I just stick with the deluxe, Thoughts?

Best thing I ever did for my jeffsy was put a rockshox superdeluxe coil on it. Made the bike really live up to its potential. In my opinion, the Jeffsy is way to progressive to be running the deluxe shock and mine always felt rough and chattery no matter what I did to it. The coil changed all of that for me. BIke climbed better and descended significantly better. I also put the new debonair spring in the front fork and went up to 160mm so I out the 230x65 rear coil shock on to match it. I was really sceptical about the coil shock until I installed one and now I am super happy I did.

Good Luck

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
rusbus123 wrote:

Best thing I ever did for my jeffsy was put a rockshox superdeluxe coil on it. Made the bike really live up to its potential. In my opinion, the Jeffsy is way to progressive to be running the deluxe shock and mine always felt rough and chattery no matter what I did to it. The coil changed all of that for me. BIke climbed better and descended significantly better. I also put the new debonair spring in the front fork and went up to 160mm so I out the 230x65 rear coil shock on to match it. I was really sceptical about the coil shock until I installed one and now I am super happy I did.

Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback, I already put the 160 debonair spring in, fork feels great.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
rusbus123 wrote:
buddymtb wrote:
rusbus123 wrote:

Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback, I already put the 160 debonair spring in, fork feels great.

Same here, and I'm about to get the superdeluxe coil. I'm hesitant regarding the coil spring, I'm weighting 80kg geared up, agressive rider, usually set the sag to 28%, roughly. I'm thinking about 450, or maybe 500 lbs...? Any advice?

Edit: I prefer pop over extra-confort, and I usually set my suspensions quite hard. The TF calculator mentionned previously tells me to take the 400 lbs spring but I'm pretty sure it would be too soft for my liking. I like to have some margin at the end of the stroke and never bottom-out.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
TibZ wrote:
rusbus123 wrote:
buddymtb wrote:

Good Luck

Same here, and I'm about to get the superdeluxe coil. I'm hesitant regarding the coil spring, I'm weighting 80kg geared up, agressive rider, usually set the sag to 28%, roughly. I'm thinking about 450, or maybe 500 lbs...? Any advice?

Edit: I prefer pop over extra-confort, and I usually set my suspensions quite hard. The TF calculator mentionned previously tells me to take the 400 lbs spring but I'm pretty sure it would be too soft for my liking. I like to have some margin at the end of the stroke and never bottom-out.

I’m about 86kg (190 lbs) and run a 400 lbs spring. I get right about 28% sag. I also bought and tried a 350 lbs spring which felt great in mellow trails (about 33% sag) but would bottom out on jumps and drops. I also find the 400 lbs poppy and playful like when I preload with my body weight to bunny hop or hit a small side feature on the trail that it provides some resistance and doesn’t just absorb it all.

Not sure if that helps but I thought I’d provide my experience for context if you find it helpful.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
TibZ wrote:
rusbus123 wrote:
buddymtb wrote:

Good Luck

I weigh 205lbs in my kit and use the 400lb spring for most riding. I do switch to a 450lb spring when I am going to ride in the real rough stuff or hit big jumps.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
Biffard wrote:
I’m about 86kg (190 lbs) and run a 400 lbs spring. I get right about 28% sag. I also bought and tried a 350 lbs spring which felt great in mellow trails (about 33% sag) but would bottom out on jumps and drops. I also find the 400 lbs poppy and playful like when I preload with my body weight to bunny hop or hit a small side feature on the trail that it provides some resistance and doesn’t just absorb it all.

Not sure if that helps but I thought I’d provide my experience for context if you find it helpful.

That is actually very useful to me, thanks a lot Wink

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Any thoughts/feedback from longterm use of the oneup dropper from those that have swapped? I.e. rotational play, etc. Have already warrantied the e13 post once and developing play again...

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
Any thoughts/feedback from longterm use of the oneup dropper from those that have swapped? I.e. rotational play, etc. Have already warrantied the e13 post once and developing play again...

I like it. Install it, forget it. It works well. Some minimal play, nothing abnormal.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
i-kerr wrote:

Have had mine for over a year now. No play has developed, and it's still running smooth, even though it's only been serviced once (two weeks ago).
Only thing I don't like, is the actuation mechanism. Your cable housing has to be able to move freely, as the wire is "static" and the housing pushes the mechanism.

I've recently built up my Bronson V3, where I pulled the parts I wanted to keep from my Jeffsy. The OneUp dropper was one of those parts.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
i-kerr wrote:

As others have said they work great. I went with the wolftooth lever as well to replace the E13 lever which was junk. I also went up to 170mm with the oneup from 150 on the E13. No issues and no play like the E13 dropper had.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
My experience with the oneup is short - I just installed it last week. Initial impressions though is that there is so much more drop now (170 vs 150), no rotational play but the post going up and down is slower than the eThirteen. Also, I've noticed sometimes it sags about 5mm and I have to let it come up again. Remote is the eThirteen, I've had no issues with it

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
i-kerr wrote:
My experience with the oneup is short - I just installed it last week. Initial impressions though is that there is so much more drop now (170 vs 150), no rotational play but the post going up and down is slower than the eThirteen. Also, I've noticed sometimes it sags about 5mm and I have to let it come up again. Remote is the eThirteen, I've had no issues with it

If you up the air pressure in the air cartridge this will probably go away. More air pressure will make the post snapier and more supportive and responsive.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
Thanks for the feedback! Definitely think I'll go for the swap to the oneup, just gotta figure out how I'll justify the cost to myself now!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017779
Mobile Version of Website