Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
bamfupinya wrote:
shaolinmonk251 wrote:
Biffard wrote:

I think this is normal. My YT bikes have looked similar. YT makes great bikes and it’s all cosmetic but the finish isn’t as top notch as some other bike companies like Santa Cruz, Yeti, etc. .

That’s reassuring in some ways, I suppose they have to cut costs somewhere to offer the prices they do. Thanks for the peace of mind - I was worried the QC had skipped this one.

I better get some frame protection sorted!

I just got my Pro Race last friday and have similar finishing on it as well. You beat me to the post, but yes, it is good to know that this is normal.

Heard back from YT - they said this and gave me a voucher for their webshop as compensation:

“The areas that you have pointed out which show exposed carbon are completely normal, and this is done on all of our carbon bikes to avoid any paint damage during fitting of headsets, bottom brackets and pivot bearings. All bikes used in our demo fleet are produced by the same manufacturer to the same parameters, and so would have been painted in the same way.

That being said the paint chip at the lower shock bolt is unfortunate and sometimes occurs during assembly if the paint is slightly thicker in this area and so the bolt rubs on the paint. It causes no functional problem but is obviously disappointing on a brand new bike.”

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Forgot to add - does anyone have any advice on swapping the brakes for a UK setup, right front, left rear (aka “moto style”)?

I could swap the Sram levers easily but this would leave the rear brake hose coming from the same side of the headtube as the lever which I’d rather avoid. Is it as simple as removing the forks, disconnecting the hose and feeding it through the other side or am I missing something?

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
danielhfranks wrote:
Finally got the new ride all built up-

photo

photo

That looks awesome, you've got me pricing up a more custom build than I was originally anticipating...

Does anyone know the bare frame weight for the Jeffsy? 27 or 29, any size, I can add or reduce for my frame size XXL.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
I just installed and tested braking pads from Trickstuff for the Guide RS that came on the jeffsy (https://www.bike-components.de/en/Trickstuff/Disc-POWER-Brake-Pads-for-SRAM-Avid-p58820/ , Trickstuff power 850).

Those are clearly providing more power than the sram ones. It's way easier to block the rear wheel (as I like), and on the front you feel the difference, it's biting faster, strongly, yet consistantly. I recommend them to anyone who would like more power without having to change everything. They are supposed to worn out faster, but can't comment on that for now. A good and cheap upgrade in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Ordered a Push ACS3 coil kit for my Pike Fork today.

I’ve spent far too much time messing with a low hour fork. I liked it when it worked but I’m tired of worrying about it/losing travel on my rides. Ordered this morning and already have shipping confirmation. Things are looking up.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Just assembled my new Jeffsy 2018. Thoughts on this front wheel wobble? The pads are also rubbing against the rotar at points in the rotation.

How safe is it to test ride it like this, don't want to make anything worse? :O

Views: 150    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Seems like it's just out of true and should be fine to test ride but way too far out of true for a brand new bike. Was your box damaged when you received it? How badly is the rotor rubbing the brake pads?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Seems like it's just out of true and should be fine to test ride but way too far out of true for a brand new bike. Was your box damaged when you received it? How badly is the rotor rubbing the brake pads?

Only two really small scuffs on The outer box. No marks on the cardboard surrounding the wheels.

You should be able to hear in The video when The rubbing occours. Alternating between rubbing and spinning freely.

Since I am a noob I might as well ask, If I have gotten The axle through The wheel, it is on correctly right? Just wanna make sure I haven't done goofed.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Yep, if the axle is on and tightened down the wheel is good to go. Seems like the brake rub is pretty light and can probably be eliminated with a few adjustments to the rotor with a wrench or a rotor truing tool. The wheel is ok to ride with that much wobble but that seems like it's way too far out of true for a brand new wheel. I would call YT and see what they say, maybe it didn't get trued up correctly at the factory? It should not be that far out of true.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
Might also be the tire only actually. It can happen when new. Check the distance between the rim and one lower leg of the fork to be sure.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
I am selling a Rockshox super deluxe RCT coil that fits a Jeffsy 27.5. Here is a link to the add if anyone is interested.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2586187/

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
Put zip tie around fork cut the tie to edge of rim and check/spin. More than likely the tire my E13 was same but not nearly as bad. E13 will probably warranty it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
Loosen the bolts on the brake caliper slightly, give the wheel a good spin, squeeze brake lever slowly and completely, hold it while you re-tighten the bolts.

That will almost certainly eliminate the rotor rub.

Then get the wheel trued. Or get a truing stand and learn to do it yourself, it’s not hard and comes in handy from time to time.

Id also first do the zip tie trick mentioned above to ensure the wheel is actually out of true. Like others have mentioned, the tire bead could just be set improperly, or could be a bad tire.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 5:54 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Might also be the tire only actually. It can happen when new. Check the distance between the rim and one lower leg of the fork to be sure.

^^^This. On a brand new bike the tire probably just isn't seated correctly.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
Anyone have any backpedaling problems with their 2019 jeffsy ? I get it “don’t backpedal blah blah” but when it’s on 1st through 4th If I backpedal it will shift to the smaller cogs. I’ve had a shop look at it and said all is good something to do with the spring is backwards so backpedaling is going against it and chain alignment, which I understand but I just thought it was odd

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015914
Mobile Version of Website