Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
12 speed chain sorted me out E13 cassette and xtr derailleur. Works for some others it hasn’t. I used gx chain.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Superlate79 wrote:
Put zip tie around fork cut the tie to edge of rim and check/spin. More than likely the tire my E13 was same but not nearly as bad. E13 will probably warranty it.

Did this the other night, looks like it might be the tire?

A little bit of static noise in the video around 11 seconds, don't know how loud it will be with head phones, but turn volume down to be safe!

Wheel:
Views: 50    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Tire:
Views: 41    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Gonna try to get it on better with some soapy water and air-pressure.

Felt fine when I test rode it, but don't want to push my luck.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
It's ok just go out and shred some trails, it will align this tire Wink

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
I'm trying out a Super Deluxe coil, and had my bike shop fit the eyelet bushings because I don't have a vice at home.

Now I can't fit a spring on to the shock :/ It won't clear the lower eyelet bushing.

Has anyone else had to remove their lower eyelet bushing to install a spring, or is another there a way around it?

I have a 350 and a 400lb to try and was hoping not to be going to shop every time I want to swap springs...

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
antennae wrote:
I'm trying out a Super Deluxe coil, and had my bike shop fit the eyelet bushings because I don't have a vice at home.

Now I can't fit a spring on to the shock :/ It won't clear the lower eyelet bushing.

Has anyone else had to remove their lower eyelet bushing to install a spring, or is another there a way around it?

I have a 350 and a 400lb to try and was hoping not to be going to shop every time I want to swap springs...

I had to remove it when I was playing with spring rates. A little bit of a hassle but once I found the right rate it’s no longer an issue for me.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
TibZ wrote:
It's ok just go out and shred some trails, it will align this tire Wink

Haha, Will do!

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
antennae wrote:

You will have to let me know how you like the coil. I have a 2019 pro race and am thinking of putting a DHX2, Super Deluxe Coil, or Ohlins TTX coil on there. Does anyone have experience with the Ohlins? I think they look great but can't find out much information about them.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
antennae wrote:

Yep, I have the same issue. Have to remove the hardware to remove the spring.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
TreyCox wrote:
antennae wrote:

You will have to let me know how you like the coil. I have a 2019 pro race and am thinking of putting a DHX2, Super Deluxe Coil, or Ohlins TTX coil on there. Does anyone have experience with the Ohlins? I think they look great but can't find out much information about them.

I have no info or experience with Ohlins but I can say a coil is a great fit for the Jeffsy. I just put on a DVO Jade and it's incredible. I put on the stock RS Deluxe for shits and giggles and it's terrible. The Jade is so supple, so smooth, and to my surprise more supportive when sprinting and more poppy compared to the RS Deluxe.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
antennae wrote:

Easy to remove if you have a bushing removal tool or set. Not that expensive to get one and makes the removal quick and easy. I switch back and forth between springs it was a must for me.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 19:30 Quote
sold my jeffsy so I am selling the Rockshox super deluxe RCT coil that fits a Jeffsy 27.5. Here is a link to the add if anyone is interested.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2586187/

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
Just put a 14.5 mile run on my Jeffsy with a new Push ACS-3 Kit in the fork.

Where I ride 90% of the time is an absolute mix of rocky, root filled descents, 2-5’ jumps and drops, steep inclines, rock gardens both up and down. Really a solid mixed bag of everything. Very tough on a set up because it needs it all.

The good/ great
1-It increased my travel, immediately went to full extension when transferring weight to the rear or after successive hits. Pike always sat at the 10mm sag line and worse after successive hits.
2- weird because I thought being higher in travel might be worse but it ate it up climbing. I picked a line and rather than having to bounce the front up and pop the back behind me (if that makes sense) I stayed in the saddle power down and pedaled on the line. The front just stayed planted yet climbed everything. I climbed more stuff today with ease, really thought this might be an issue.
3- small/ medium/ large hits I found myself leaning more over the front than ever before because the back was a little bouncy trying to keep up but the front was smooth and planted. The front just went over it.
4- really fast and no problems in the turns or while breaking and still poppy to get air anywhere. I was concerned I’d loose some pop and have some diving in the turns.

The negative/indifferent
1-When transitioning hard (manual) to the rear of the bike, I can hear and feel the front shock and spring fully extend and thud. It had me worried about weight transfer or jarring to the front while in the air but I don’t think it made a difference, I need more time. Seemed more like something I’d need to get used to than anything.
2- with a fork like the Pike with little to NO LSC adjustments the shock when riding on flat ground (low speed) and hitting a big root or rock makes the front suspension dive into its travel (that’s the benefit of a coil) but can be a problem as an air shock would bounce over, here your trying not to go OTB. I blame this more obviously on the lack of LSC, the coil is being supple as it should. That said I’m going to have to relearn after 20 years of riding how to get my weight back with a coil on the flat stuff a bit more. Lol

So while I didn’t mind my Debonair air spring (when it worked), I hated the lack of travel/negative pressure suck down, worrying about my shock. Constantly having to check and look at the travel, pedal strikes from it and constant worries and ruined rides.

It’s not cheap but I believe the Push ATS3 is well worth the upgrade and I’d do it again.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
Weird on the rockshox deluxe, I have a Fox DHX2 sitting here waiting for the front 10x20mm hardware so I can mount her up, spring changes when you back off the preload are super easy. No pressure at all, they fall off.
Weird Rockshox would go that route, tight springs or removing hardware is a pain.

That said my mounting hardware had to come from Germany as I couldn’t source it hare in the USA. Fox said 10x20 is new to them and they wouldn’t do a rerun on parts till July/August.

So I paid more in shipping than I did for the parts, haha.

Hopefully I can have it sorted next week.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
So I’m going to replace my BB, it’s creaking and I want something a little better. Just to double check myself before I order the BB for my 2018 Jeffsy I would need a BB92 for 30mm spindles correct?

I think I’m just going to do it once and be done and order the BBInfinite, link below.

https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb9292mm-for-30mm-spindles?variant=20732254781499

Thanks guys, Rye.

Disregard this post, I just pulled the cranks and measured and it is indeed a BB92 with 30mm spindles.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026117
Mobile Version of Website