Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Pears72 wrote:
Anyone have any backpedaling problems with their 2019 jeffsy ? I get it “don’t backpedal blah blah” but when it’s on 1st through 4th If I backpedal it will shift to the smaller cogs. I’ve had a shop look at it and said all is good something to do with the spring is backwards so backpedaling is going against it and chain alignment, which I understand but I just thought it was odd

If it's Eagle...that's an eagle thing - not sure it's easily resolved

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
DPX2 or X2? I know, I know everyone says coil is amazing but don't think I want to go that route. Looking to upgrade from the DPS performance elite that came stock, the DPS is fine when the trails are pavement smooth but I feel it gets harsh pretty quick when thing get even a little rough. I do quite a bit of climbing so uphill performance is a concern for me and live in a ski town (Sun Valley, ID) so do lift access riding once a week or so. I'm 210-220 with my gear on.

Also thinking of bumping the front to 160. What are the thoughts on upgrading my 34 performance elite to 160 vs just swapping for a 36. Cost difference is big. Would a 34 at 160 be to flexy for a heavier rider?

thanks for the help

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
I upgraded from dpx2 to x2 and couldn’t be happier. Dpx2 is more progressive and not as smooth as x2. If you do go with x2 being heavier get 2019 or newer with 300psi air can and climb switch. Dpx2 has firmer lockout than x2. I have pro race so came with 34 at 160, changed to 170 36 grip 2 and worlds better. I wouldn’t up travel on 34 better off to leave at 150 or go to 36. I got a great deal on 170 travel figured I would try and easy to drop to 160 if need be. Front lifts a tad on climbs but I am going to leave 170 for now.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 22:13 Quote
Also, go for a 230x65 to get 160mm travel in the rear, if you're already going for 160mm front.

I've had an X2 for 1,5 years on my Jeffsy, and it was a massive improvement. I'm kicking myself that it doesn't fit in my new bike.

But like Superlate says, go for one with a 300psi aircan. I was super close to the 250psi max of my 2017 one, and I'm about the same weight as you.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
I've been toying with the idea of getting a 150mm 29" fork in the front vs a 160mm 27.5". What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? Or even, what about 160mm 29"?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
I also think the Jeffsy 27 would make an awesome mullet bike. I would guess 160mm 29 would change the geometry too much, though. 150 could be fine but would also increase the BB compared to 160 on 27.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:
I also think the Jeffsy 27 would make an awesome mullet bike. I would guess 160mm 29 would change the geometry too much, though. 150 could be fine but would also increase the BB compared to 160 on 27.

Would that mean the head (and seat) angle would get more slack than with a 160 27" fork?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
edeltoaster wrote:

Would that mean the head (and seat) angle would get more slack than with a 160 27" fork?

It does

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
TibZ wrote:
ShortJeffsyOwner wrote:
edeltoaster wrote:

It does

Huh, how about a reduced offset fork?
they're all the rage!

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
edeltoaster wrote:

I temporarily converted my Jeffsy 27 to a mullet bike. Ran a 140mm Lyrik with 29x2.4 DHR2 up front and kept the Jeffsy in the Low setting on the rear. It changed the geometry and obviously the riding characteristics. The bike felt great going downhill and I actually PR’d a couple of DH trails with this setup. The advantages of the 29er up front was what you’d expect with greater rollover and maintained momentum. It was still a snappy and agile bike but it did take me a couple runs to get comfortable on it.

Going uphill with the mullet was noticeably less efficient and was the main reason I changed it back to 27.5 up front. It climbed, but it felt sluggish and required more effort.

Personally I thought 140mm with the 29er was plenty and anything more I was worried about potentially putting too much stress on the head tube. Overall it was fun to play around on and smash a couple downhill trails but it was just to experiment and have fun for a couple weeks.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Biffard wrote:
edeltoaster wrote:

I temporarily converted my Jeffsy 27 to a mullet bike. Ran a 140mm Lyrik with 29x2.4 DHR2 up front and kept the Jeffsy in the Low setting on the rear. It changed the geometry and obviously the riding characteristics. The bike felt great going downhill and I actually PR’d a couple of DH trails with this setup. The advantages of the 29er up front was what you’d expect with greater rollover and maintained momentum. It was still a snappy and agile bike but it did take me a couple runs to get comfortable on it.

Going uphill with the mullet was noticeably less efficient and was the main reason I changed it back to 27.5 up front. It climbed, but it felt sluggish and required more effort.

Personally I thought 140mm with the 29er was plenty and anything more I was worried about potentially putting too much stress on the head tube. Overall it was fun to play around on and smash a couple downhill trails but it was just to experiment and have fun for a couple weeks.

Nice rig! what coil shock are you running?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Thanks, it’s a 230x65 super deluxe coil. Such a nice upgrade for the Jeffsy!

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Biffard wrote:

What is your 27.5 fork? Are you keeping stock Pike or upgraded to Lyrik 27.5?

I just got Super deluxe ultimate coil in and playing around with settings.

Did you had to change any fork settings after the coil shock?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
Blindfth wrote:
Biffard wrote:

I kept the pike but bumped it up to 160mm travel by installing a new air shaft. I did add some volume spacers to the fork to better match the coil on the rear.

I’d love to try a coil fork on this Jeffsy but so far I’m happy with the pike.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Blindfth wrote:
Biffard wrote:

I kept the pike but bumped it up to 160mm travel by installing a new air shaft. I did add some volume spacers to the fork to better match the coil on the rear.

I’d love to try a coil fork on this Jeffsy but so far I’m happy with the pike.

Well....
Mine has 160 deb air also with 2 volume spacers.
I did up fork lsc a little bit.
Thanks for your reply and happy shreading~~°

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017395
Mobile Version of Website