Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 6:24 Quote
Biffard wrote:
I temporarily converted my Jeffsy 27 to a mullet bike. Ran a 140mm Lyrik with 29x2.4 DHR2 up front and kept the Jeffsy in the Low setting on the rear.

You should have tried it in high. That would somewhat compensate for the higher front end.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
Anyone got any experience with the internal cable routing on the 2019 CF frame? I want to shorten the shift and dropper cables, but I’m not clear on how the inner sleeving works or if the outer just goes all the way through.

I’ve been told by YT customer service that I can’t route the rear brake hose through the opposite side of the headtube (I’m in the UK so have swapped the levers) due to full internal sleeving so looks like I’ll have to trim that too as it’s snagging on the bottom of the stem when turning the bars.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
shaolinmonk251 wrote:
Anyone got any experience with the internal cable routing on the 2019 CF frame? I want to shorten the shift and dropper cables, but I’m not clear on how the inner sleeving works or if the outer just goes all the way through.

I’ve been told by YT customer service that I can’t route the rear brake hose through the opposite side of the headtube (I’m in the UK so have swapped the levers) due to full internal sleeving so looks like I’ll have to trim that too as it’s snagging on the bottom of the stem when turning the bars.

Just swapped the Guide R for Magura MT7. Have no MTB mechanics skills but after some research and YouTube videos I was able to grasp the concept.

Running the cable internally (2019 Jeffsy CF Comp frame) for the rear hydraulic hose was straight forward and simple. I ordered the ParkTool Internal Cable tool.......but ended up not really needed if it. After mounting the caliper, I ran/feed the hose from the rear was and able to make it out the top tube in one shot.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
jaknighten wrote:
shaolinmonk251 wrote:

Just swapped the Guide R for Magura MT7. Have no MTB mechanics skills but after some research and YouTube videos I was able to grasp the concept.

Running the cable internally (2019 Jeffsy CF Comp frame) for the rear hydraulic hose was straight forward and simple. I ordered the ParkTool Internal Cable tool.......but ended up not really needed if it. After mounting the caliper, I ran/feed the hose from the rear was and able to make it out the top tube in one shot.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for the info, hope you’re enjoying the new brakes. I’d guess that they would make the gear cable routing as easy as the brake hoses!

Out of interest, what were your reasons for swapping out the brakes? I haven’t had any experiences with the Guide R’s but I have the RS’s and they felt pretty good to me when I demoed the bike. Haven’t ridden mine yet though due to injury, so yet to form a proper opinion.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
@shaolinmonk251

I’m a bigger guy ~225lbs with gear and here in the PNW there are a lot of hills. I wanted more stopping power, modularity and something other than SRAM (don’t want to get in a brand debate). The MT7 Pro was a great deal that I couldn’t pass. I have the new XT 8100 groupset (which I haven’t installed on the Jeffsy yet) that came with the new XT-4piston calipers but as of now I’m pretty happy with the Magura. But I figure those will be my backups in case the MT7 takes a dump.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
shaolinmonk251 wrote:

The internal routing is simply a piece of clear tubing. You wont be able to change where cables go in or out because the tubing is attached from the inside. If you want to run your brakes uk style you should be able to just swap the lines at the levers.

If you are messing with the cables you wont need any sort of cable routing tool. If you feed the cable in it will come out in one spot, smooth and super easy.

I swapped my stock brakes with Shimano Zee brakes and routing the rear brake was easy. Feed the cable in at the seat tube and out it comes at the head tube.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 5:19 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
shaolinmonk251 wrote:

The internal routing is simply a piece of clear tubing. You wont be able to change where cables go in or out because the tubing is attached from the inside. If you want to run your brakes uk style you should be able to just swap the lines at the levers.

If you are messing with the cables you wont need any sort of cable routing tool. If you feed the cable in it will come out in one spot, smooth and super easy.

I swapped my stock brakes with Shimano Zee brakes and routing the rear brake was easy. Feed the cable in at the seat tube and out it comes at the head tube.

Thanks for the info, makes perfect sense now. Hopefully I’ll get it all tidied up this weekend.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Well...this is a new one to me...

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
I'm thinking of getting a Marzocchi Bomber 2019 cr coil shock for my 2018 Jeffsy.

Has anyone tried that shock and in that case, how do you like it?

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
Hannofifan wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Marzocchi Bomber 2019 cr coil shock for my 2018 Jeffsy.

There's an Italian, a few pages back that's very pleased with it

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 0:29 Quote
Hannofifan wrote:

Here I’m, the marzocchi works good for me, I have never bottomed out at the moment even if there’s not high speed compression for the big hits.
I have a lot of traction and the rear end is planted to the ground.
I don’t do massive jumps or Dh tracks but I reckon it will work good as well.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
So I’ve had my Push ACS3 for a few weeks and I’m liking it more and more every ride, front is planted, plush, yet eats big drops with 10-15lbs air and no harsh bottom out.
The rear couldn’t keep up, Push doesn’t make a Coil tune for a 18 Jeffsy so I went with a Fox DHX2 and a 550 sls spring. I’ve got her pretty dialed in over the last few weeks and much to my surprise while I may have lost some climbing efficiency, I’m climbing root filled, rocky, technical terrain so much better. The wheels stay planted and I can just pedal any line I want.
Downhill and drops are just stupid fast, to the point I have to remind myself at times to back off a bit or inevitably I overshoot the course and end up in the woods, lol. I like to ride in the woods not end up off the trail in the woods, haha.

I have pics on here in my profile area but I have no idea how to put them up here in the thread.

Biggest surprise is the climbing traction and the fact the bike is still very poppy and playful. Now it’s just freaking fast and I’m not that good.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
So I sent my 12yo down the bobsled trail in Salt Lake City, Utah over the weekend. Father of the year right here!

He rides a Jeffsy, as do I. Bike did great for me; but there were lots of wasps on the trail and my son is a bit new to MTB. He ended up getting spooked by the wasps, and losing control and crashing off the top of a tall banked curve. Landed shoulder and head first in a bunch of baseball-sized stones. He’s Ok, but he needs a new helmet.

Bike came out unscathed...

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
Any comments from riders who have been on both the mk1 (2017-201Cool Jeffsy 27 CF and mk2 (2019+)? Similar feeling/character to the bike on the new frame? I assume it has to climb better with the steeper seat tube angle.

I love my 2017 Jeffsy CF One, which I modified to 160mm/160mm via Pike airshaft w/ Luftkappe and a 230x65 DVO Topaz and offset bushings. About 65.5 HTA, 74ish STA, 339 BBH and maybe 455mm reach w/ 35mm stem.

Unfortunately I was rear ended last week and need to replace the bike. Hoping insurance comes through, but I plan on upgrading to a 2019 Jeffsy 27 CF Pro Race. Geometry will be comparable to how my 2017 was setup except with a nicely steeper STA and shorter seat tube, should be able to run a 170mm dropper on the large frame. Been wanting to swap my Pike for a Fox 36 so that will be sweet. Not sure how the DPX2 does against Topaz which I love.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012180
Mobile Version of Website