Riding in Newfoundland

PB Forum :: Canada - Atlantic
Riding in Newfoundland
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
hey man did you mean paradise? because if you did im like a 5 min drive away from you. add me on msn and ill take you out

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
hey man did you mean paradise? because if you did im like a 5 min drive away from you. add me on msn and ill take you out
yeah man haha, will do.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
what's the XC.AM riding like out East? I can't help but think that it'd be epic. Old mountains, intense rock formations, lotsa roots. Sounds like a good time. But are there well established trails? I've got family in Cape Breton and around the East Coast so I'm hoping that one day I can come out to Newfoundland too.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
valtra wrote:
what's the XC.AM riding like out East? I can't help but think that it'd be epic. Old mountains, intense rock formations, lotsa roots. Sounds like a good time. But are there well established trails? I've got family in Cape Breton and around the East Coast so I'm hoping that one day I can come out to Newfoundland too.

From what ive ridden... Nothing beats Wentworth!! Its before Truro NS.. It has the greatest riding ever!! Allthough its not open full-time during the summer, only on select "ride weekends"..

Theres also Keppoch Mtn. close to Antigonish.. Havent rode it yet but ive pretty good things.. Heres a vid that a few buddies put together..

Views: 1,562    Faves: 20    Comments: 15

As for Newfoundland.. No clue whats up there...

If you need some info about New-Brunswicks riding just PM me...

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Those trails in the video looked awesome. But they were DH. Not super agressive DH though, maybe I'd be up to it. I ride XC in Southern Ontario, there's very little DH and not very many hills where I'm from.
Also I probably won't be out east for a few years and none of my relatives out east ride so I'd have no one to go with.

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
Truro NS has alot XC trails, talk to Bruce at Hub cycle, he could hook you up with more, but I would say Victoria Park(which is located in Truro).

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
IS there any downhill trails around clarenville ???

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
jimithing wrote:
the only down hill trail around clarenville is one me and my buddies started building last fall on bare mountain

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
bigfootrider10 wrote:
jimithing wrote:
the only down hill trail around clarenville is one me and my buddies started building last fall on bare mountain

is it finished and is it any good??

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
As of next week, St. John's will have its first indoor park.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
nomix wrote:
WHOOOO!! I'm stoked for turndown!

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
rick101 wrote:
nomix wrote:
WHOOOO!! I'm stoked for turndown!
I'm pretty pumped.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
jimithing wrote:
bigfootrider10 wrote:
jimithing wrote:

is it finished and is it any good??
its not finished yet, but it is good. we got it half done and the top half is nice and flowy.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
well guys, i got a decent camera, so if anyone wants me to take pics of them riding, msg me. I will be doing some volunteer work first (40 or more hours) then we will see what happens after that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023414
Mobile Version of Website