Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
Hi Guys,

My 6 months old YT Capra Pro Race 29, got a hairline crack on the steer tube, anyone with the same or relatable problem?

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
ivan312 wrote:
Hi Guys,

My 6 months old YT Capra Pro Race 29, got a hairline crack on the steer tube, anyone with the same or relatable problem?

i have a base aluminum version . no issues so far. is it by the downtube or toptube? Got pictures?

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
ivan312 wrote:
Hi Guys,

can you post a photo of that?

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:
Hi Guys,

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16941737/

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Photo: https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16941737/

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 12:53 Quote
ivan312 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:
Hi Guys,

email them right away

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:

email them right away

Epá ja mandei, o quadro está a caminho da alemanha. Só espero que os gajos sejam justo, e não me deem uma treta qualquer

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
ivan312 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:

email them right away

Epá ja mandei, o quadro está a caminho da alemanha. Só espero que os gajos sejam justo, e não me deem uma treta qualquer
pelo menos um triângulo frontal tem que vir novo.
provavelmente nao tem isso, portanto pode ser que te mandem um de 2019 completo, ficares com 1 de cada cor não fazia sentido.
nada de quedas para isso acontecer? o sitio é estranho

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
ivan312 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:

email them right away

pelo menos um triângulo frontal tem que vir novo.
provavelmente nao tem isso, portanto pode ser que te mandem um de 2019 completo, ficares com 1 de cada cor não fazia sentido.
nada de quedas para isso acontecer? o sitio é estranho

Nada nenhuma queda, a bike não tem um arranhão que seja, parece tirada da caixa! Agora é esperar o quadro chegar lá a ver que o gajos dizem

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Cannonbill wrote:
Re: pedal strikes in high.. I am 200-210 ish depending on the day, I ride in high by default for trails, only shift to low for park. I live in Ringwood NJ, notoriously rocky and rough, very similar to the rest of the north east. Pedal strikes are a reality, but not bad. They were much worse on my Nomad 3. I think it also has to do with the 170mm crank arms.

Ok cool, thanks. As far as BB drop goes, have you had any issues with pedal strikes when the flip-chip is in the high position? I live on the east coast and have plenty of roots and rocks on my local trails. I'm right around 200 lbs so I'm sure I'll have some suspension sag.

I live in PA and have ridden some of the rockiest trails out there with my 29 AL Comp. I get some pedal strikes here and there, but mostly while climbing. I blame my poor technique above the bike, but it's a lot more than my other bikes. Definitely keep it high unless you're riding something like a bike park.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
I don´t get that people are complaining that it is hard to use all the travel on the Capra. I actually think it goes through the travel a bit too easy.

Small drop, 25% sag 2 tokens, under 70 kg with gear.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 19:11 Quote
Hey today I put in a warranty claim for my bottom bracket. After taking it to a bike shop and having them repress my bottom bracket I was told the frame is not square. Not really sure how to post pics. Also pretty bummed I found it in April as riding season starts.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
Hey guys, quick question:
coming from a MK1 Jeffsy 29 M size, height is 5.10 with crazy short legs (80ish inseam). Couldn't go L on Jeff for the seattube but ended up loving the nimbleness.
Now the Capra 29 is already longer but YT tell me I'm right between L and XL for my size??
XL is completely out of question but I'm torn between M and L.
What's your takes on that?

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
coming from a MK1 Jeffsy 29 M size, height is 5.10 with crazy short legs (80ish inseam). Couldn't go L on Jeff for the seattube but ended up loving the nimbleness.
Now the Capra 29 is already longer but YT tell me I'm right between L and XL for my size??

The Capra has a pretty short seat tube compared to the reach. The ST-length on the L is only 445mm. I am 185 cm and ride the large. With the correct seat height I have 70mm of exposed seat post above the ST. The size L would be no problem for you.

I went for the L instead of the recommended XL so that it would be a bit more nimble since I already have a long and slack DH bike for lift assisted riding. If the Capra was my only bike I would definitely have sized up.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
wowbagger wrote:

The Capra has a pretty short seat tube compared to the reach. The ST-length on the L is only 445mm. I am 185 cm and ride the large. With the correct seat height I have 70mm of exposed seat post above the ST. The size L would be no problem for you.

I went for the L instead of the recommended XL so that it would be a bit more nimble since I already have a long and slack DH bike for lift assisted riding. If the Capra was my only bike I would definitely have sized up.

Cheers!
So the seattube on L is actually 5mm lower than on my M Jeffsy which is a plus (although on M I could run a 170mm post..)
How about nimbleness then? I'd hate to lose out on that one, the wheelbase of the L Capra is quite bit longer..

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024362
Mobile Version of Website