Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Having trouble with the e13 dropper. Thing won’t lock into the top position over half of the times I use it. I have to pull the saddle up to get it to lock into place. Only about 10 rides on the bike. Anybody else had this issue? I’ve heard very negative reviews about this dropper.
send it to warranty, sell it buy a better one, problem solved .

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
I would contact e13 for help. That said, there might be some things that need tightening. For me, I have had to tighten the collar a couple times. Just did it by hand though. I think there's a bolt on the bottom of the seatpost that could be tightened. Probably one under the saddle head as well. Most of these have been referenced in terms of saddle rotation, but may help your situation as well.

Fwiw, I don't have any issues with my e13 dropper. It has some rotational play and I've had to tighten that collar a couple times. Other than that I like the light action of the dropper and of the lever. The only thing I wish it had was either an additional stop point or the middle stop was a bit lower. The middle stop now isn't always the easiest to find on a ride. I am usually all the way up or all the way down.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Good news! My Capra AL 29 turned up a few weeks ago.

I had planned on upgrading the Super Deluxe R shock to something with more adjustability and a pedal mode. I bought a take off Super Deluxe RCT for about half RRP, but have realized that the shock tune is MM rather than the ML tune that comes on the Capra. The shock came from a 2019 Santa Cruz Nomad I believe.

Is this going to be a big deal? I can't seem to find much on the SRAM website about the parts required to change the tune, only stuff for the Monarch.

Cheers

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Hello,

I have a XXL Capra Alum comp and was wondering if anyone has been able to try or if anyone knows how to get ahold of the shorter chain stays from the Large and smaller frames to apply to this frame. It appears that it would be a replacement of the upper seat stays that would do it. They are 10mm shorter on the smaller frames.
Thanks

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
Call or email YT about purchasing one. They might sell one as a crash replacement part.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
Just picked up my Capra today, amazing bike! What's the best way to bed in the pads? Is it necessary?

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
judgerider348 wrote:
Hello,

I have a XXL Capra Alum comp and was wondering if anyone has been able to try or if anyone knows how to get ahold of the shorter chain stays from the Large and smaller frames to apply to this frame. It appears that it would be a replacement of the upper seat stays that would do it. They are 10mm shorter on the smaller frames.
Thanks

Wouldn't that also alter the leverage ratio?

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Gui73 wrote:
Hi guys, consiering the last ews and world cup dh results, have any of you tried to put a 27,5 wheel at the back of your capra 29 ? Compared to the low position in 29er, it should lower the bb of 3 mm and slacken the angles of about 0,2°, so I tought it could work pretty well...

Yes and ride it in high. A little rougher ride in the back but better to pump and feels really good overall.
2019 YT Capra 29

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
barnar wrote:
Gui73 wrote:
Hi guys, consiering the last ews and world cup dh results, have any of you tried to put a 27,5 wheel at the back of your capra 29 ? Compared to the low position in 29er, it should lower the bb of 3 mm and slacken the angles of about 0,2°, so I tought it could work pretty well...

Yes and ride it in high. A little rougher ride in the back but better to pump and feels really good overall.
2019 YT Capra 29

Everyone rides on different trails but I can’t imagine riding my local trail (lDakota Ridge in Golden) in a setting lower than low. I rode my 29er Capra in low on that trail a couple times and it was miserable due to pedal strikes. I even bought thin pedals to help with this and went back to high. I’d spend the money on a coil shock as that made the bike perform significantly better. So much so that it’s hardly recognizable.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
ryan83 wrote:

Everyone rides on different trails but I can’t imagine riding my local trail (lDakota Ridge in Golden) in a setting lower than low. I rode my 29er Capra in low on that trail a couple times and it was miserable due to pedal strikes. I even bought thin pedals to help with this and went back to high. I’d spend the money on a coil shock as that made the bike perform significantly better. So much so that it’s hardly recognizable.

He mentions he's riding it in High mode. So if the changes that Gui73 listed carry over to High mode, you'd have. 65.8* hta, 76.3* sta, and bb height of 354. Would be an interesting compromise of Low/High mode with 29/29 wheels. Maybe you could get a little more precise steering of the the high mode and more comfy descending of the low mode. For me anyhow.

Whether or not the changes carry over would be the biggest question.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
shawn3210 wrote:
Just picked up my Capra today, amazing bike! What's the best way to bed in the pads? Is it necessary?

I just got my bike as well and made the mistake of not following Srams bed in procedure. The front brake glazed over and had no power. I got back home and wiped rotors down with alcohol until they were perfectly clean. I then lightly sanded pads.

After that I did Srams bed-in procedure. You pedal to a decent speed and slam on brakes and come to a walking speed. You never completely stop or lock wheel up. Do this 20 times. Then increase speed and Slam on brakes even harder and come to walking pace . Do this 10 more times. Google SRAM bed in procedure and you’ll find their video.

I can now endo the bike with one finger on front brake. Night and day better.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I did a quick search and could not find any info. Does anyone know or have tried a 34T or 36T chainring sprocket? The stock sprocket is a 32T and this goes for the alloy and carbon Capra 29.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
judgerider348 wrote:
I did a quick search and could not find any info. Does anyone know or have tried a 34T or 36T chainring sprocket? The stock sprocket is a 32T and this goes for the alloy and carbon Capra 29.

i have a 34 on my carbon capra

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
judgerider348 wrote:

i have a 34 on my carbon capra

Great thanks!

Anyone know of a 36T tooth?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
Thinking of changing the stock 35mm diameter handlebars on my 2018 capra 29 to a 31.8mm diameter handlebar to try to make it less stiff in the front. Any of you guys done this? Did it make any difference at all? I dont think its the fork but not sure if the handlebars might be it. Also the stock stem is 40mm and width 780mm? Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026402
Mobile Version of Website