Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:14 Quote
Just got me a '19 Capra pro Race... Could t be happier!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Hi guys!

Need a luttle help selecting coil shock for my capra 29

I’ve found rock shox superdeluxe coil 230x65mm and it says “yt jeffsy compatible”
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=276573

I am pretty sure it will fit capra but want to check with you guys just in case

My other headache is spring rate: i am about 106-108kg (235-240lbs) geared, spring rate calculators suggest 550lbs spring for 30% sag, what do you think?

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
grobitto wrote:
Hi guys!

I’ve found rock shox superdeluxe coil 230x65mm and it says “yt jeffsy compatible”

My other headache is spring rate: i am about 106-108kg (235-240lbs) geared, spring rate calculators suggest 550lbs spring for 30% sag, what do you think?

it fits, but your bike will have 170mm

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 0:50 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
grobitto wrote:
Hi guys!

it fits, but your bike will have 170mm

Does the spring calculator give the sag on the wheel or on the shock? 30% on the wheel is around 20% on the shock, which sounds pretty stiff. 30% on the shock is over 45% on the wheel which sounds pretty soft.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
I run a 550 at 215-220 almost zero pre load to get 30 percent .. fine for park and jumps . A little stiff through mid stroke on chunk trails .. moving to 525 which was rec on push eleven 6 . Should just be more on plush on trails . If you are in a park mostly I would go up otherwise 550 should be fine

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
530220 wrote:
I run a 550 at 215-220 almost zero pre load to get 30 percent .. fine for park and jumps . A little stiff through mid stroke on chunk trails .. moving to 525 which was rec on push eleven 6 . Should just be more on plush on trails . If you are in a park mostly I would go up otherwise 550 should be fine

Forgive the ignorant question here, but does the coil run firm for the trail/climbing? Or is it super plush like the X2?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
Soo i am 180-181 and want to get the 27 al base, but the L it s out of stock, should i just go with the xl, i want to hit big jumps and the bike to be playful, thats my concern...?any one got the same problem with the stock?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Hey guys. I know it has been ask a million time but I still can't decide on the frame size to get.

I'm 6ft1/2 and I can't decide between the large and XLarge Capra 29.
I like a playful bike that I can whip around.
I'll use this beast from everything (XC runs to DH parks) with most of my times in trails/all mountain riding..

I'm coming from a 2014 Devinci Troy with a 434 reach and scared of the big jump in reach and wheelbase.
Help me please. I'll send you a cookie if you do !

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
So if you guys want it to be playful and are between sizes on deciding then go with the smaller one, sounds like an easy decision to me.

I am 6ft 4in and went with the XXL and wanted it to be playful and I love it. The 505mm reach is fantastic.

The XL and XXL come with slightly larger chainstays if that sways your decision.

I will say though if you do go with the larger and it feels to big at first, the more you ride it, the more you will feel better with it, and be able to toss it around.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
judgerider348 wrote:
So if you guys want it to be playful and are between sizes on deciding then go with the smaller one, sounds like an easy decision to me.

I am 6ft 4in and went with the XXL and wanted it to be playful and I love it. The 505mm reach is fantastic.

The XL and XXL come with slightly larger chainstays if that sways your decision.

I will say though if you do go with the larger and it feels to big at first, the more you ride it, the more you will feel better with it, and be able to toss it around.

Thanks mate. Post your address and I'll send you a cookie (chocolate !)

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
QuebecPoulin wrote:
Hey guys. I know it has been ask a million time but I still can't decide on the frame size to get.

I'll use this beast from everything (XC runs to DH parks) with most of my times in trails/all mountain riding..

I'm coming from a 2014 Devinci Troy with a 434 reach and scared of the big jump in reach and wheelbase.
I am 185cm and have the large Capra. I also have a DH with 480 reach. I switch a lot between them and every time I go on the DH it feels slightly to long and every time I go on the Capra it feels slightly to short.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
I am 185cm and have the large Capra. I also have a DH with 480 reach. I switch a lot between them and every time I go on the DH it feels slightly to long and every time I go on the Capra it feels slightly to short.

Thanks for the info. I'm going like 10 times in a season to DH parks so I will mostly do enduro/AM/trails (whatever they call it these days) ridings. I decided to go with a large which should be more nimble and more oriented towards my need (I think).

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
Has anyone tried to use a 222x65 shock on a capra 29? maybe with the flip chip in high position?

I am getting my capra 29 in the next few days, but I love my x2 shock from the 27.5, and would really love not having to spend the money on a new one.

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
QuebecPoulin wrote:

I went for the size L frame (182cm tall). It’s a fun and agile bike if you can ride it. But still solid and strong enough for fast rips.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
Hello! Has anyone had any luck getting a refund out of YT?! Any tips appreciated. My 3 month old Capra Pro Race has cracked and their quoting over 2 months for a fix (this keeps slipping too) so I'm trying to get a refund but they wont budge on it. If anyone else has gone through the same pain successfully I'd love to hear from you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010768
Mobile Version of Website