Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
ryan83 wrote:

Do it now! The question about sizing is interesting and preference at your height. I’m 5’9 with a 30” inseam and have a large. There are times (slow tech) when I would rather have a shorter bike and others when I’m happy I have a big bike. More playful? Go medium. More race/speed? Go large. If you have places to ride fast descents for sustained periods I’d go large. You won’t go wrong either way but I’d consider myself to be the shortest end of a large. If I were you, I’d go medium.

Have you tried it in high mode? I think the bike is much better in slow tech in high mode. I rode last year in low mode and this year in high mode. I don't think i've given up much, but gained ground clearance, better climbing, and faster steering. There's been one trail where I wished I had been in low mode. That was also the first ride in high mode. I think if I went back now, i wouldn't miss anything.

Agreed. The bike is way more functional in high mode. Except for park days I keep it in high. Otherwise too many pedal strikes. My next move is a 1 degree angle set.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Capra 29 LTD arrived yesterday. Looks amazing, haven't been able to take it for a spin because of heavy rain here.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Just a heads up for anyone who may be interested. XL Capra LTD is back in stock

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
Need some help Capra Owners.

I have a 2018 Capra AL Comp and I purchased a rockshox super deluxe coil for. Turns out I bought the version with the bearing on the rear mount instead of the standard bushing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert this by sending to RS or a vendor or is there a conversion kit? I’d call my LBS but they are on a shop trip for the next few days Frown

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
I have a Capra 29 al and run enduro races with it, but I cant get the back tire to stuck to the grund as I thought. I think that the compression is ok, but the HSR is to slow. On The X2 the settings for HSR and HSC is missing. Does someone experiance the same problem?
Anyone that think that I will get a bettet result if I rebuild the shock to get HSR as well?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
KiteDaniel wrote:
I have a Capra 29 al and run enduro races with it, but I cant get the back tire to stuck to the grund as I thought. I think that the compression is ok, but the HSR is to slow. On The X2 the settings for HSR and HSC is missing. Does someone experiance the same problem?
Anyone that think that I will get a bettet result if I rebuild the shock to get HSR as well?
Cant really help you, but because of your post I just releasised that the AL Comp I'm looking at doesnt have the HSR and HSC adjusters on the shock!
Any idea what a rebuild would cost? Else I have to factor in my budget the buying of a new shock aswell.Eek

PS are you particularly light? Or run low shock pressure? Then normally you would expect need for faster HSR:

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
I doubt to much HSR that is the problem. If it was, you would also experience too slow LSR. The overlap is big.

Check this link:
https://youtu.be/1yUdJAuUOr4

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 4:51 Quote
But he has a dial for that. So he can do something about LSR and can get this as close to what he likes. With no HSR adjuster basically the shock is locked in a middle of the road setting that works for most people. If you are really light or heavy it can turn out to slow or too fast for you.

But you are right as there is a big overlap getting HSR adjust-ability could even improve his LSR further if needed.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
Lsr is dominant and effects damping forces at high shaft speeds a lot. Open the lsr to get less damping at high shaft speeds. Only if your lsr is fully open, and you still have to much damping, you hav a problem with "too much" hsr.

Please look at the link I posted.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
Lsr is dominant and effects damping forces at high shaft speeds a lot. Open the lsr to get less damping at high shaft speeds. Only if your lsr is fully open, and you still have to much damping, you hav a problem with "too much" hsr.

Please look at the link I posted.
I know the content of the link, and as far as I'm aware he actually almost literally says what you are saying....And that is exact the problem if you are too light, thus to low air pressure, thus to low spring force...And as the HSR is internally fixed you cant adjust further.
In the video that would mean that your wanted behaviour is above the highest HSR max setting line (third from top). As you could regard in the example of a damper with no HSR adjustability that HSR max line as the fixed internal setting. And with LSR you can move between those two lower lines.
If you target is out of that range there is nothing you can do, except get it re-shimmed or get the adjustable version.

But what is taken out for simplification in that video is that a rider might want to have a non straight rebound line. Only the extreme four options are shown for illustration purposes to explain how LSR and HSR rebound interact. As you can see going from HSR-max to HSR-min you are not just tilting the rebound line, but you are also kinking it. His 3 steps approach is good for the majority of the riders. He mentions it often that taking out variables makes a set-up easier. (It actually removes the confusion by end-users of a two way adjustable damper by using it as a one-way adjustable damper in praxis)

But that doesn't imply that more advanced set-ups do not exist or could not be beneficial to riders. Especially if you are not looking for a good base setting ("one setting for all rides") but for track or circumstances precise settings the two way dials come into play. Just see the tinkering for every track in FOX dialled series.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
What I mean is that before running out and buying a new shock, you should wind out your lsr to reduce damping forces at high shaft speeds. If you are at the end of the range, then you might think of an upgrade.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Tflores2828 wrote:
Need some help Capra Owners.

I have a 2018 Capra AL Comp and I purchased a rockshox super deluxe coil for. Turns out I bought the version with the bearing on the rear mount instead of the standard bushing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert this by sending to RS or a vendor or is there a conversion kit? I’d call my LBS but they are on a shop trip for the next few days Frown

Thanks!

I looked into this a while ago and no, unfortunately you cannot change out the bearing mount without buying a new eyelet assembly which is $$$. I would return the shock, and if you can't, sell it on PB/eBay etc. and buy the one you need.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Anyone know which coil options will fit on the DHX2 that comes on the limited AL? Stock SLS Fox spring says 2.65/67 mm, but the availability is limited on the internets. Need something with a heavier weight rating than the 425 lb spring.

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most? Edit. found a bottom bracket thread

Danke

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
mastodon wrote:
Anyone know which coil options will fit on the DHX2 that comes on the limited AL? Stock SLS Fox spring says 2.65/67 mm, but the availability is limited on the internets. Need something with a heavier weight rating than the 425 lb spring.

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most?

Danke

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=672

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
zutroy wrote:
mastodon wrote:

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most?

Danke

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=672
'

I've seen that table. It doesn't even show the 2.65/67 mm travel spring. So the top table appears to indicate that the eye-to-eye of 230 mm will accommodate the 2.75 and 3.0 travel springs? Is there a benefit/detriment with going from the stock 2.65 travel spring up the the 3.0 travel spring?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010754
Mobile Version of Website