Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
mastodon wrote:
zutroy wrote:
mastodon wrote:
Anyone know which coil options will fit on the DHX2 that comes on the limited AL? Stock SLS Fox spring says 2.65/67 mm, but the availability is limited on the internets. Need something with a heavier weight rating than the 425 lb spring.

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most?

Danke

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=672
'

I've seen that table. It doesn't even show the 2.65/67 mm travel spring. So the top table appears to indicate that the eye-to-eye of 230 mm will accommodate the 2.75 and 3.0 travel springs? Is there a benefit/detriment with going from the stock 2.65 travel spring up the the 3.0 travel spring?


So the 230 length in either 60 or 65 will handle a spring up to the 155 length as long as long as it's over the min travel length. Really the only detriment is the extra weight. I've heard people argue that the life of the spring might be better if you're not compressing it to near full travel but I've never seen any data to support that fully.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
Just ordered a Capra cf pro yesterday. Should arrive by the end of the week I've been told.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
Got out for a first ride on this thing last weekend!! Super stoked so far, cant wait to get more time on it and getting it dialed!
First ride YT Capra 29 LTD
First ride YT Capra 29 LTD

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
mastodon wrote:
Anyone know which coil options will fit on the DHX2 that comes on the limited AL? Stock SLS Fox spring says 2.65/67 mm, but the availability is limited on the internets. Need something with a heavier weight rating than the 425 lb spring.

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most? Edit. found a bottom bracket thread

Danke

https://www.tftuned.com/sls-orange-spring-67mm265/p3634

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
AllMotaHatch wrote:
Got out for a first ride on this thing last weekend!! Super stoked so far, cant wait to get more time on it and getting it dialed!
First ride YT Capra 29 LTD
First ride YT Capra 29 LTD
Awesome!

I just missed the launch and it was sold out the same day in Europe. It was a super deal!

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
mastodon wrote:
Anyone know which coil options will fit on the DHX2 that comes on the limited AL? Stock SLS Fox spring says 2.65/67 mm, but the availability is limited on the internets. Need something with a heavier weight rating than the 425 lb spring.

Also can anyone recommend a bottom bracket tool that will work to install remove the press fit bottom brackets that come on the 2018+ Capras? The limited comes with an E13 BB92 and the CF Pros appear to come with a race face BB92. Is there one tool that will work with most? Edit. found a bottom bracket thread

Danke

https://www.tftuned.com/sls-orange-spring-67mm265/p3634

Is there also a non SLS spring version for like 30$/€? 150 is kind of a hurdle to just experiment with one or two extra springs with 25lbs increment. With RS springs you can experiment for cheap (and get a Titanium one if you found a nice spring rate to get a decent weighting spring).

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Hi!

Could someone help me out?

I am waiting my Capra CF pro race size XXL ( should have arrived sep 3th ) and I am missing one piece of kit that I want to install on it.

That is a proper rear axle.
I am ordering stuff to my DJ bike and would like to order the rear axle with same postal fees. But today I got an email that the bike will be late for 3 more weeks so I cannot measure the axle myself and I need new pedals for my DJ since old ones cracked.

So could someone be my saviour and measure the rear axle according to wolftooth guide and tell me which one to order.

Here is the link to the guide https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/hub-related/products/wolf-axle-for-12mm-rear-thru-axle

Cheers

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
wrote:
Awesome!

I just missed the launch and it was sold out the same day in Europe. It was a super deal!

It sold out here in the US within 30 hours i think... the XXL actually showed sold out when i went to order it! Went back a hour later and i was able to add to cart, it was meant to be haha

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Jwau wrote:
Hi!

Could someone help me out?

I am waiting my Capra CF pro race size XXL ( should have arrived sep 3th ) and I am missing one piece of kit that I want to install on it.

That is a proper rear axle.
I am ordering stuff to my DJ bike and would like to order the rear axle with same postal fees. But today I got an email that the bike will be late for 3 more weeks so I cannot measure the axle myself and I need new pedals for my DJ since old ones cracked.

So could someone be my saviour and measure the rear axle according to wolftooth guide and tell me which one to order.

Here is the link to the guide https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/hub-related/products/wolf-axle-for-12mm-rear-thru-axle

Cheers

I'm using the MRP race axle WB-17-5110. Fits the Capra 29 perfectly.

Length — 178mm
Thread length — 20mm
Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Jwau wrote:
Hi!

Could someone help me out?

I am waiting my Capra CF pro race size XXL ( should have arrived sep 3th ) and I am missing one piece of kit that I want to install on it.

That is a proper rear axle.
I am ordering stuff to my DJ bike and would like to order the rear axle with same postal fees. But today I got an email that the bike will be late for 3 more weeks so I cannot measure the axle myself and I need new pedals for my DJ since old ones cracked.

So could someone be my saviour and measure the rear axle according to wolftooth guide and tell me which one to order.

Here is the link to the guide https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/hub-related/products/wolf-axle-for-12mm-rear-thru-axle

Cheers

I'm using the MRP race axle WB-17-5110. Fits the Capra 29 perfectly.

Length — 178mm
Thread length — 20mm
Thread pitch — M12x1.5


Thanks for the answer.

Are you sure it is 178mm ? Since the guide on MRP:s page says it should be 187mm ?

Or is this a case of miss clicked numbers Smile

https://mrpbike.com/products/race-axle

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
It's 178mm. I emailed MRP specifically about the typo. Must have fell on deaf ears.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Yeah I checked all the others with 1.5 thread pitch and 148mm and they were 178 also.

Do you think 13mm thread length would be enough? Since wolftooth doesn't have an 20mm option with 178mm axle and the shop doesn't sell MRP:s axles

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Just curious, what benefits do you guys have/expect from a different axle?

I had the original axle now 5 season on my 27" Capra, seems to work fine?

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:17 Quote
I'm not sure on 13mm...possibly. Maybe someone can measure the DT Swiss qr thread length and just see what that is. I don't have mine anymore.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
Stock qr works great like you said. I just prefer the bolt on type.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010632
Mobile Version of Website