Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
I had problems on my old Enduro bike with qr getting loose all the time on the fork and it made me somewhat paranoid at one point. Now that I had a downhill bike with bolt on axles for 3 seasons with 0 problems I don't want to go back, even though current qr look a lot beefier. Also the looks, I prefer the cleaner look and already have a one up F axle ready and waiting Smile

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
So, possibly a stupid question. Do the cf 29 come setup tubless?

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
I figured it out, they are not. Thanks anyways.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
brassinne wrote:

I believe they all come with tubeless valves, rim's taped and sealant but you have to do it... that's how mine was anyway Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
AllMotaHatch wrote:
brassinne wrote:

I believe they all come with tubeless valves, rim's taped and sealant but you have to do it... that's how mine was anyway Smile

The DT Swiss equipped ones do, E13 equipped ones do not come with tubeless valves or sealant but they are taped well.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
In a way I'm glad they arent setup tubless. I'm going to install a wtb verdict wet up front and judge on the rear; tubless of course.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
AllMotaHatch wrote:
brassinne wrote:

The DT Swiss equipped ones do, E13 equipped ones do not come with tubeless valves or sealant but they are taped well.

My Capra 29 LTD came with all of the above, including E13 wheels... maybe they have changed recently Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
The 2018 CF Pros with e13 wheels also came taped and with e13 tubeless valve stems in the box for easy tubeless setup

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Weird. My 2018 Capra, 2019 Tues and 2019 Decoy, all with E13 carbon wheels, did not come with spare valves.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
mastodon wrote:
The 2018 CF Pros with e13 wheels also came taped and with e13 tubeless valve stems in the box for easy tubeless setup

Yep mine too, valves and the jug of sealant.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Weird. My 2018 Capra, 2019 Tues and 2019 Decoy, all with E13 carbon wheels, did not come with spare valves.
Neither did mine. Rim tape is installed on the wheels though. I don't have any real complaints about the e13 tires it cames with, other than they are a bit wobbly once the bead is seated. They seem like a good tire for the dryer months.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
Downduro. 186mm rear travel and 180mm front.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
brassinne wrote:
How did you push the rear travel up to 186mm?

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
brassinne wrote:
How did you push the rear travel up to 186mm?
Well, on my second ever ride on my new bike, the rear shock started making noise and had a noticeable dead spot in the compression. I could feel the shock almost drop an inch with basically no dampening. So I'm assuming air somehow got in the damper oil and is causing cavitation. Emailed YT, they got back to me really quick and talked to sram about it. YT then sent me the info to send my shock in for service directly to sram. So I'm sitting here taking my shock off my bike and pressing the mounting hardware out, and I realize that I have my old dhx rc4 left over from my demo 8. It's a 8.75 x 2.75 shock. I decided to mount it up without the spring just to see if it would clear everything. And it does. The tire comes roughly within 10mm of the seat tube at full compression. The eye to eye is slightly shorter than the super deluxe rc3 by about 7mm. But i installed an eccentric mount on the front of the shock and put the flip chip in the high position. I did the math, and with the 2.75" stroke shock it now has 186mm of rear travel. I haven't really decided if I'm actually going to take it on any real trails or not the way it is now. But just from bouncing around the neighborhood and taking my son to the park with it like this, it definitely feels pretty smooth compared to the air shock. My plan was to get a new super deluxe ultimate coil in 230x65 to achieve 170mm of rear travel. But, who knows. Once I get my shock back and it is working properly, I may just stick with it and use the dhx rc4 for more rowdy outings.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Recently purchased a Capra LT 29. Really liking the bike so far. The 375# spring was way to light and I put a 450# on. It was way better and had a day of lifts on it. I am finding that even with the 450# I can bottom the rear suspension out with a quick weight transfer and compression on the rear while riding flat ground. I am trying to decide if I should go to 500 or 550# next. I am close to 200lbs when in gear.
YT Capra 29 LTD
YT Capra 29 LTD

YT Capra 29 LTD 450 spring installed.

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014182
Mobile Version of Website