Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
Recently purchased a Capra LT 29. Really liking the bike so far. The 375# spring was way to light and I put a 450# on. It was way better and had a day of lifts on it. I am finding that even with the 450# I can bottom the rear suspension out with a quick weight transfer and compression on the rear while riding flat ground. I am trying to decide if I should go to 500 or 550# next. I am close to 200lbs when in gear.
YT Capra 29 LTD
YT Capra 29 LTD

YT Capra 29 LTD 450 spring installed.

Great looking bike. Interesting about the bottoming out, I'm the same weight and have CC DB Coil CS with a 450.

What are your comp/reb. settings? What sag are you running?

For comparison I'm running about 25% with 2 turns of preload. I've got my low speed compression at 40% turned in and my high speed at 30%.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
madocreg2 wrote:
Recently purchased a Capra LT 29. Really liking the bike so far. The 375# spring was way to light and I put a 450# on. It was way better and had a day of lifts on it. I am finding that even with the 450# I can bottom the rear suspension out with a quick weight transfer and compression on the rear while riding flat ground. I am trying to decide if I should go to 500 or 550# next. I am close to 200lbs when in gear.
YT Capra 29 LTD
YT Capra 29 LTD

Great looking bike. Interesting about the bottoming out, I'm the same weight and have CC DB Coil CS with a 450.

For comparison I'm running about 25% with 2 turns of preload. I've got my low speed compression at 40% turned in and my high speed at 30%.

Looks like I'm a bit over 30% sag. (coil shocks are a pain in the ass to measure sag on your own)
from Closed my settings are
HSR 12
LSR 13
HSC 13
LSC 8
Looks like I have some room to play with the HSC but I am thinking that bumping up to 500# is the way to go as I was not wearing any DH gear or water pack when I measured my sag.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
My experience with coils is that sag is not the same as air.

On a proper coil, it will be naturally soft off the top for small bump compliance. Even with a lot less sag. Part of the reason is that you don’t need to break the stiction of the air seal. Air seal stiction is one of the main reasons sag is even needed (regardless of %). The lack of air seal stiction combined with the linear nature of the coil allows you to “sit higher in your travel” (a lot less sag). It is considered to be core to benefit of the coil.

madocreg2 wrote:
ryan83 wrote:
madocreg2 wrote:
YT Capra 29 LTD
YT Capra 29 LTD

Looks like I'm a bit over 30% sag. (coil shocks are a pain in the ass to measure sag on your own)
from Closed my settings are
HSR 12
LSR 13
HSC 13
LSC 8
Looks like I have some room to play with the HSC but I am thinking that bumping up to 500# is the way to go as I was not wearing any DH gear or water pack when I measured my sag.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
[Quote="Cannonbill"]My experience with coils is that sag is not the same as air.

On a proper coil, it will be naturally soft off the top for small bump compliance. Even with a lot less sag. Part of the reason is that you don’t need to break the stiction of the air seal. Air seal stiction is one of the main reasons sag is even needed (regardless of %). The lack of air seal stiction combined with the linear nature of the coil allows you to “sit higher in your travel” (a lot less sag). It is considered to be core to benefit of the coil.

So is that a vote for going to the 550#?

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I weight 210 and am on a 525.

[Quote="madocreg2"]
Cannonbill wrote:
My experience with coils is that sag is not the same as air.

So is that a vote for going to the 550#?

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
Anyone knows what the rear thread pitch is on a 2019 Capra Comp Comp Alu ??

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
Rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
Anyone have a frame protection template for a 2018+ XL 29er? Their was a xl 27.5 template posted in the other capra thread, but not sure how different the two frames are.

Thanks.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Thanks alot mate

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
Apologies if this has been asked before but do the e*thirteen Wheels on the 2019 Capra CF Pros come tubeless ready?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
eightdown wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before but do the e*thirteen Wheels on the 2019 Capra CF Pros come tubeless ready?

Mine did. But didn't come with tubeless valves

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
The majority are tubeless ready. It seems hit or miss with the e*13 valves. Some get them and others do not.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
Hauck wrote:

kwapik wrote:
The majority are tubeless ready. It seems hit or miss with the e*13 valves. Some get them and others do not.

Thanks for the response guys. I'm assuming the rims will have the tape but wasn't sure about the valves. I was making a purchase on Jenson so I just got some valves anyway.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
eightdown wrote:
Hauck wrote:

kwapik wrote:

Thanks for the response guys. I'm assuming the rims will have the tape but wasn't sure about the valves. I was making a purchase on Jenson so I just got some valves anyway.

I just got my Capra 29 Al Comp last week - rims were taped (tubes installed), no valves came with mine, though. Installed cushcore last night and no problems with the tape.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007609
Mobile Version of Website