Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
Jandrows wrote:
Does anyone with Capra cf 29 2019 have problems with fissures and slacks in a frame?

Could you clarify "fissures and slacks" I'm not sure what that is. Like cracks and gaps? I haven't had mine very long, only a few weeks, but I haven't noticed any odd gaps. The paint seems pretty cheap for sure, got a small paint chip on the seat stay cable port where the derailleur cable exits when adjusting the cable length simply pulling the rubber cable plug out of the internal cable routing port. I've since wrapped much of the bike in ISC Racer Tape

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
Broken frame or chainstay

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Photo for the boiz

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
Jwau wrote:
Hi!
Anyone else having troubles with XTR shifter / e13 cassette?

I got the bike on November and the shifting haven't worked properly during the whole time. But I have been working with the problem only few days.

It won't shift to the highest gear (smallest sprocket) properly.

I have set the H and L limiters and b- tension without the wire attached and everything works perfectly. So when moving the mech with hand everything works and the mech returns easily to the highest gear.
When I attach the shift wire and start to tighten it so it will shift to smaller gears it won't come back to highest gear without help with hand or shifting 2 gears at once to highest(doesn't work everytime). It seems like the spring on the rear mech isn't strong enough to pull it back to or the trigger isn't giving enough slack when shifting to bigger gears.
- Shift wire moves freely
- Setting H limit screw further away from the casette won't help since the rear mech won't move any further due to wire
- I haven't over tightened the shift wire when attaching it to the rear mech, since it works perfectly with hand even the wire installed untill I start to tighten it
- Shifter is in perfect condition
- I changed the mech hanger to new one, but no luck

Anyone got any ideas to try?

Problem solved with new steel part of the casette from E13. I contacted E13 and they sent me a new part asap without any fuss. Now the gears are working 100%

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
Jwau wrote:
Jwau wrote:
Hi!

I got the bike on November and the shifting haven't worked properly during the whole time. But I have been working with the problem only few days.

I have set the H and L limiters and b- tension without the wire attached and everything works perfectly. So when moving the mech with hand everything works and the mech returns easily to the highest gear.
When I attach the shift wire and start to tighten it so it will shift to smaller gears it won't come back to highest gear without help with hand or shifting 2 gears at once to highest(doesn't work everytime). It seems like the spring on the rear mech isn't strong enough to pull it back to or the trigger isn't giving enough slack when shifting to bigger gears.
- Setting H limit screw further away from the casette won't help since the rear mech won't move any further due to wire
- I haven't over tightened the shift wire when attaching it to the rear mech, since it works perfectly with hand even the wire installed untill I start to tighten it

Problem solved with new steel part of the casette from E13. I contacted E13 and they sent me a new part asap without any fuss. Now the gears are working 100%

Yeah, We can give E13 credits for their customer support. I'm not really a fan of their products but never had a problem with their help.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
12 speed SLX and XT are so cheap.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
Throw a SRAM Eagle chain on that an it will be even better...

QuebecPoulin wrote:
Jwau wrote:
Jwau wrote:
Hi!

Yeah, We can give E13 credits for their customer support. I'm not really a fan of their products but never had a problem with their help.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
[Quote="Cannonbill"]Throw a SRAM Eagle chain on that an it will be even better...

Truth. I’m not sure why e13 doesn’t push this as a benefit. I’ve had great shifting and wear using 12 speed chains on e13 cassettes.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Just picked up a 2020 Capra 29 Comp. Size Large. I am 5'10" 30" inseam 200 lbs, mostly ride Winter Park, so lots of jump lines and flowy trails. I got some volume spacers for my rear shock since it seems like heavier riders have issues with bottom out on the air shock. I am coming from riding a small 2011 Specalized Demo II...so way new geometry to me and much larger wheels. Can't wait for the snow in the front range to melt so I can ride out local jump park.

Anyone have any suggestions for upgrades right off the bat? Thinking of moving to Maxxis DHF and DHR II 2.5"

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 10:16 Quote
I switched up to mullet setup, 3C DHR2 2.4 WT off the bat. I also ditched the sram gearing in favour of an SLX/XT mix.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
joeowen85 wrote:
Just picked up a 2020 Capra 29 Comp. Size Large. I am 5'10" 30" inseam 200 lbs, mostly ride Winter Park, so lots of jump lines and flowy trails. I got some volume spacers for my rear shock since it seems like heavier riders have issues with bottom out on the air shock. I am coming from riding a small 2011 Specalized Demo II...so way new geometry to me and much larger wheels. Can't wait for the snow in the front range to melt so I can ride out local jump park.

Anyone have any suggestions for upgrades right off the bat? Thinking of moving to Maxxis DHF and DHR II 2.5"

I'm a light rider but had trouble with bottoming out on the Capra. I went with more volume spacers, but it only made the ride harsh. What worked for me was to run les sag, around 20-22% on the shock. Now the suspension feels smoother and I only bottom out on the biggest hits.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
I haven't had any harsh bottoming on mine. Even with a few huck to flats.The only clue was the travel indicator o ring. I'm 240lbs and run 300 psi with the rockshox super deluxe rc3. I did remove the travel limiting spacer effectively making the shock 65mm and added one volume spacer. I also run around 25% sag.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
I run about 25% sag

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
Guess I gotta sub in over here too as i wait for my 20 cf pro race 29er to get here and see what everyone is talking about. Gonna pass the jeffsy cf pro to my wife and use it for the easier trails around here and as a backup. Capra will be for park days and enduro racing. Cant wait

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006009
Mobile Version of Website