Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 1:22 Quote
Anyone, Can a standard boost axle be used on the 2018 Capra? Not having much joy getting parts direct from YT :-(

Hi. Bought a 29er frame only but it did not cone with a rear axle or seat clamp. Can ant old boost axle be used or does it have to be the YT one? Also has anyone got a seat clamp I can buy, it's a weird size and I cant find one anywhere !!

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 1:34 Quote
nickd1979 wrote:
Anyone, Can a standard boost axle be used on the 2018 Capra? Not having much joy getting parts direct from YT :-(

Hi. Bought a 29er frame only but it did not cone with a rear axle or seat clamp. Can ant old boost axle be used or does it have to be the YT one? Also has anyone got a seat clamp I can buy, it's a weird size and I cant find one anywhere !!

On my Capra 29 AL Comp the axle is DT Swiss so I beelive it is a standard boost, anyway you are saying "old" then it means that you already have one? You can just try it on then :-)

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 1:27 Quote
Someone has sent me one and a seat clamp. Despite YT insisting Otis not a standard axle size it appears it is just a standard DTSwiss boost axle!
Marianoo wrote:
nickd1979 wrote:

On my Capra 29 AL Comp the axle is DT Swiss so I beelive it is a standard boost, anyway you are saying "old" then it means that you already have one? You can just try it on then :-)

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 18:07 Quote
Has anyone else played around with the two geo options via the flip chip? I used the low setting the first few months then just recently went to the high setting as an experiment. Could be 100% mental but immediately felt a big difference and it really livened up the bike. Still slack and well behaved in the rough & steep, but much better behaved for overall riding. Really stoked on it. Any similar experiences?

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 18:32 Quote
rwalker82 wrote:
Has anyone else played around with the two geo options via the flip chip? I used the low setting the first few months then just recently went to the high setting as an experiment. Could be 100% mental but immediately felt a big difference and it really livened up the bike. Still slack and well behaved in the rough & steep, but much better behaved for overall riding. Really stoked on it. Any similar experiences?

Yes, I prefer the high setting for days which involve pedaling. The low setting results in too many pedal strikes for me but is pretty great for shuttle or park days. The bike has a seemingly lower than advertised bb height so even the high setting feels low.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
rwalker82 wrote:

Yes, I prefer the high setting for days which involve pedaling. The low setting results in too many pedal strikes for me but is pretty great for shuttle or park days. The bike has a seemingly lower than advertised bb height so even the high setting feels low.

I’ve had inconsistent results on the pedal strike front. I had quite a few when I first got the bike (low setting), then they stopped all of a sudden and I went three rides with only 1 total. Switched to high setting, now back to 3 ish per ride for the last two rides. So weird. For me, strikes are way more common riding flats. Go to clipless and they disappear.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 21:13 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Marianoo wrote:
Hi,

Mine Capra has just arrived Big Grin . I've just finished the setup and spotted paint damageFrown . It is actually behind the seatstay mounting and I do not know if I should be worry? If I were buy it locally I would ask them to replace the part, but sending it back to Germany is so not worth the time without bike Frown I thought to put the 3M foil over it anyway. Any suggests are welcome?

If it's just the paint, I wouldn't worry about it personally. It looks cosmetic and probably not worth the hassle to send it back. I'd put some frame protector on it and go enjoy the bike. After a few months of riding your bike will probably have more minor paint chips/scratches from normal wear and tear anyway.

Hi.
I just recived my Capra 29 Al. Bike is awesowme but i have exacly the same paint chip in exact same place... weird,
Do You have any problem with this or it is just cosmetic?

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
Recieved my Capra 29 AL comp last week, built it up and during the first pedal around the block the dropper post stops working. I open it up and find the cable came loose at the remote lever but when i try to tighten it I find the threads are stripped Blank Stare

I would have expected better assembly but I will say YT did respond quick and sent be a new lever assembly in 3 business days. Because of this I missed a weekend of riding on my birthday weekend and had to deal with the internal cable routing on this frame (was not long enough to raise seat post) , it is terrible. This is my first experience with direct to consumer but i hope it is smooth sailing from here!

P.S. WE NEED MORE CAPRA PHOTOS ON THIS THREAD!

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 13:40 Quote
If you can’t pull the seatpost out of the seattube due to the cable and housing being too short, turn to bars to the right to give the cable more slack. This always does the trick for me.

Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
For those that are interested - there is a much more active forum on mtbr.com. I'm not sure why there is more traffic there - but there is

http://forums.mtbr.com/yt/2018-yt-capra-29-a-1068413.html

There is a lot of active technical discussion and my experiences with air vs coil on this bike.

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
Most of the action on Pinkbike is in the regular Capra forum. The mtbr Capra 29 forum has been there a lot longer.

rbelak wrote:
For those that are interested - there is a much more active forum on mtbr.com. I'm not sure why there is more traffic there - but there is

http://forums.mtbr.com/yt/2018-yt-capra-29-a-1068413.html

There is a lot of active technical discussion and my experiences with air vs coil on this bike.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
My Capra 29 AL comp just came in today. Glad to report I did not have the mysterious blemish on the seat stay that some other posters have experienced!

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
New Bike mag comparo...

https://www.bikemag.com/2018-bible-summer-camp-mammoth/tested-yt-capra-29-cf-pro-4300/

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
Views: 245    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

this bike is a ripper

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010750
Mobile Version of Website