Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
I can't say that I've noticed any chain slap on mine, other than the grease marks on the gray chainstay protector. I do experience cable rattle however. It only really happens on large impacts though. I have been trying to figure out a way to use a chainstay protector similar to what Santa Cruz uses.

Posted: May 3, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Has anyone manage to put a water bottle on their Capra. Was thinking of maybe a flexi flask and a velcro strap?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 17:14 Quote
Alright, I picked up a dhx2 today. Anybody got info on what mounting hardware I need to get?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 20:25 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Alright, I picked up a dhx2 today. Anybody got info on what mounting hardware I need to get?

Check the exploded drawing on the YT website.

If it's the latest 29 it should be 8x30mm in the front and 8x40mm in the rear.

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Does anyone know the sizes for the frame pivot O-rings? The kit is out of stock on the YT site, I need them mine are perished, I am mid rebuild!
Capra cf 29 2018

O+
Posted: May 12, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
TomBENNETT wrote:
Does anyone know the sizes for the frame pivot O-rings? The kit is out of stock on the YT site, I need them mine are perished, I am mid rebuild!
Capra cf 29 2018

If it's not here https://us.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/CAPRA-29-CF-TECHNICAL_INFORMATION_CUSTOMER_1801185c126f800b1e9.pdf then IDK

O+
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Any one put an angle set on their capra. I am used to running about a 64 degree head angle so id like to slacken my 2020 Capra 29.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
Someone a while back posted up about the rear shock bolt being bent, and it sounded like a few people have had the same problem.

It's a design fault. Never before in my life have I bent a shock bolt and I have been mountain biking since 1990.

Anyway, those of you that have replaced the bolt, did you use a genuine YT one or is there a know supplier of one that is a bit higher grade?

Thanks.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
jaame wrote:
Someone a while back posted up about the rear shock bolt being bent, and it sounded like a few people have had the same problem.

It's a design fault. Never before in my life have I bent a shock bolt and I have been mountain biking since 1990.

Anyway, those of you that have replaced the bolt, did you use a genuine YT one or is there a know supplier of one that is a bit higher grade?

Thanks.

Only replacement i could easily find was the bolt from YT although i didn't put a ton of effort into it.

I think it may be due to a faulty DHX2 Shock honestly, i'm now running a 650lb spring at a rider weight of 240 (fox and tf tuned recommends a 550) and i can bottom it out by bunny hopping around with the compression 2 cicks out from firm.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
I guess I'll order a few from YT. If I've bent one after 3 months, possibly a lot less, it's going to go through a few this year I would have thought.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
For those of you looking into buying a YT Capra 29...... Consider you may like the Mullet Capra 29/27.5 better

I've owned a 2018 27.5 Capra Pro Race now for 2 years, super happy with it even though I sized up too big. But I did miss the aluminum..... That being said somehow I was able to catch one of the last LTD's available in the US and Europe.
I was totally stoked when my LTD arrived, stoked until I rode it. There was something off about the 29” Capra Kinematics, it's hard to put my finger on it but it's very noticeable when going from the 27.5 to the 29". The front wheel seems as if it's weighted and some how the rear wheel kept knocking on my back door.

Gave a solid two weeks trying to bond with my Capra LTD 29" before I put it for sale.

Out of nowhere I had a crazy thought of putting a 27.5 on the rear. All I can say is Wow! Capra mullet 170/170 is the Sh*t!

P1pb18717318.jpg

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
chimichury wrote:
For those of you looking into buying a YT Capra 29...... Consider you may like the Mullet Capra 29/27.5 better

I've owned a 2018 27.5 Capra Pro Race now for 2 years, super happy with it even though I sized up too big. But I did miss the aluminum..... That being said somehow I was able to catch one of the last LTD's available in the US and Europe.
I was totally stoked when my LTD arrived, stoked until I rode it. There was something off about the 29” Capra Kinematics, it's hard to put my finger on it but it's very noticeable when going from the 27.5 to the 29". The front wheel seems as if it's weighted and some how the rear wheel kept knocking on my back door.

Gave a solid two weeks trying to bond with my Capra LTD 29" before I put it for sale.

Out of nowhere I had a crazy thought of putting a 27.5 on the rear. All I can say is Wow! Capra mullet 170/170 is the Sh*t!

P1pb18717318.jpg

Did the same thing to my 29er Capra. Love the mullet Capra. Feels so much better.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Didnt go the "dualcrown" road with a boxxer but got a nice deal on an Öhlins RXF36 Evo. Change is needed though I cant get along with the Lyrik at all!
Didnt think about offset though. Current Lyrik have 44mm offset and the RXF36 have 51mm. Will I die with that fork or what will happen?

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
Daaanyy wrote:
Didnt go the "dualcrown" road with a boxxer but got a nice deal on an Öhlins RXF36 Evo. Change is needed though I cant get along with the Lyrik at all!
Didnt think about offset though. Current Lyrik have 44mm offset and the RXF36 have 51mm. Will I die with that fork or what will happen?
Your bike bike will be longer and the steering will be less "snappy", or sluggish if your prefer.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Daaanyy wrote:
Your bike bike will be longer and the steering will be less "snappy", or sluggish if your prefer.

Would fit well with the plan to put it in high mode then!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011275
Mobile Version of Website