Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
airtym wrote:
jaame wrote:
Someone a while back posted up about the rear shock bolt being bent, and it sounded like a few people have had the same problem.

It's a design fault. Never before in my life have I bent a shock bolt and I have been mountain biking since 1990.

Anyway, those of you that have replaced the bolt, did you use a genuine YT one or is there a know supplier of one that is a bit higher grade?

Thanks.

Need to replace this bolt, mine is bent. Looking for a source that isn't titanium. Please help.

I was planning on ordering the titanium bolts, i was one of the owners that had a bent bolt. What's wrong with titanium?

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
Titanium will bend easier than steel. That’s why most pro MX/SX racers don’t use titanium axles, shock/linkage bolts are also very high stress areas. Especially with how small they are on these bikes. Stick with high grade steel when it comes to this.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
Yep, I need one too. Shock bolts, in my opinion, should be the same size as the eyelet on the shocks. Don't even get me started on trunion mounts.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
I snapped off the head of one of the shock bolts at 11 Nm (YT specs 10-12 Nm). From now on, it’s 10Nm for me...

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Titanium will bend easier than steel. That’s why most pro MX/SX racers don’t use titanium axles, shock/linkage bolts are also very high stress areas. Especially with how small they are on these bikes. Stick with high grade steel when it comes to this.

Totally agree on titanium being softer and not ideal for this particular application. Never mind $35 for these bolts, I have been completely unsuccessful in finding a source for steel hardware. YT is out of stock on these and don't even show on their website anymore.

My next comment is not completely rational but as soon as I can get parts for my new bike in a reasonable time frame I lose faith in the product. If this had been discovered during riding season I would have even less patience.

I think I am out on this bike(2019 Capra 29), anyone with a Specialized they want to trade for? No XBOX please.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
I was able to find stainless steel hardware online, I got it from a skateboard shop. It was about a year ago, I apologize but I was unable to find the details. So if you can get the nut/bolt details on the titanium hardware try a skateboard shop.

airtym wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Totally agree on titanium being softer and not ideal for this particular application. Never mind $35 for these bolts, I have been completely unsuccessful in finding a source for steel hardware. YT is out of stock on these and don't even show on their website anymore.

My next comment is not completely rational but as soon as I can get parts for my new bike in a reasonable time frame I lose faith in the product. If this had been discovered during riding season I would have even less patience.

I think I am out on this bike(2019 Capra 29), anyone with a Specialized they want to trade for? No XBOX please.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Anyone interested in a new unused Capra 29 PUSH 11.6 V1 shock, it's not the v2 model with spherical bearings but still obviously a great shock. Bought it when I was undecided on what frame to buy but my sb165 came with an 11.6 so the second shock has been hanging around. Used the coil off it on my sb165 a couple times but never used or mounted the shock itself. Name a price and we can see if we can reach a deal, just inbox me if interested, probably applies more to people in the uk and eu unless you want to pay shipping costs to US etc.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
photo
mullet ride yesterday.
it’s goooood.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
Does anyone have a good source for shock spacers and hardware for the Capra? I have an air shock I’d like to try without having to remove the spacers from my coil shock.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for shock spacers and hardware for the Capra? I have an air shock I’d like to try without having to remove the spacers from my coil shock.

Worldwide Cyclery has DU and Igus bushings. Cant recall the Capra size, but I’d go with igus bushings so you can easily swap.

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
Does anybody know where I can get some touch up paint or something very similar to the Capra CF pro silver?

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 17:04 Quote
I'd start with a silver Sharpie marker and see how it goes...

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
Staktup wrote:
I'd start with a silver Sharpie marker and see how it goes...

Haha. Been looking at nail varnish actually.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
sidekicksjn wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get some touch up paint or something very similar to the Capra CF pro silver?

A good auto body should be able to mix you up something.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
madocreg2 wrote:

I was going to suggest Fluid Function in Squamish. They sorted out my Ultimate Coil hardware issues. They might be able to ship it to you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016118
Mobile Version of Website