Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
ASJ2010 wrote:
madocreg2 wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for shock spacers and hardware for the Capra? I have an air shock I’d like to try without having to remove the spacers from my coil shock.

I was going to suggest Fluid Function in Squamish. They sorted out my Ultimate Coil hardware issues. They might be able to ship it to you.

Thanks I will check them out.

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
Hello guys!

Just recieved my new Capra CF frame after warranty issue and noticed that rear dropouts made of pure carbon, without any steel inserts. Dt swiss RWS axle is supplied with frame, but it has profile with teeth on its lever side. So sharp teeth interact with unprotected carbon fiber of frame.

So i want to ask, is it safe to use it like this? Or i should put washer between axle and dropout? maybe YT forgot to put it...

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
I'd put a washer there until YT gets back to you

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
@Remmru It'll be fine. The silver teeth portion of the skewer acts like a washer (green arrow). When it contacts the frame it "grabs" and doesn't rotate with the axle when you tighten it. I've removed and reinstalled my rear wheel A LOT (flats, rebuilds, stuffing into trunk of car, switching wheels) and my dropout is fine. My dropout is raw carbon like yours.

For Remmru in YT Industries Capra 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Just got my YT Capra blaze in! did a quick 2 minute unboxing video if you guys want to see!!

Looking forward for the snow to melt so I can ride this baby!

https://youtu.be/aqzI43N-q1c

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Is the base Capra the best specc'd bike under 3k? Zeb, rockshox deluxe, code r brakes...other brands have yari's or non-piggyback shocks and usually worse brakes as well it seems, unless I'm missing some?

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
It's why I ended up with one in 2018. I think for the years after that the base al didn't seem like as good of a deal.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Yea despite it going up $300 it still seems like the best with the zeb and code upgrades compared with any other brands at that price point. Probably going to wait though as it seems they'll probably update the geo next year but idk

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
It's still a good bike. But unless I was desperate for a new bike, I would also hold off. The redesign has to be around the corner.

But I would also consider the Commencal Meta TR Race. It's more expensive but it looks pretty rad.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
It's still a good bike. But unless I was desperate for a new bike, I would also hold off. The redesign has to be around the corner.

But I would also consider the Commencal Meta TR Race. It's more expensive but it looks pretty rad.

been on the same boat for a while, but i was considering the Meta AM. but either way, Tuesday babyyyy .

Just hope there is a million year wait on delivery

Anyone who bought a capra blaze, did you find a YT keychain in your box? I got a jeffsy blaze and see picture for what I am talking about. I also got a yt dirt love and it didn't come with it.

Here's the photo

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007670
Mobile Version of Website