Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 0:52 Quote
kwapik wrote:
You don't have to delete the post. Maybe someone else is thinking along those same lines.

Yeah but I dont want someone thinking the bike geo is all wrong or whatever. I was hasty.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
Quick two cents from folks, if thats possible! I'm 6'1", 185lbs, long arms (+7 ape index) long legs (34" inseam). Currently ride an XL Rock Altitude Rally (27.5 of course), which I know is a short/small bike.I've compared the stats to death, so just looking for opinions. Squamish is home, I pedal everything, and ride all trails here, favourite being the steep rocks/slabs. L obviously too small and go XL Capra 29 or go L????

Thanks

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 22:40 Quote
agreed. XL. I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam and I ride a large.

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 2:39 Quote
As anyone tested the Capra 29 in a bike park? I’m still hesitating between the 27.5 and 29, I’ve never tested a 29er in a bike park and would like to avoid having to rent a bike for those days.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
XL, For you I think, I am same measurements as jojo, 5’10” 32 inseam, I ride a large.

FL
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
kheops wrote:
As anyone tested the Capra 29 in a bike park? I’m still hesitating between the 27.5 and 29, I’ve never tested a 29er in a bike park and would like to avoid having to rent a bike for those days.

Yes, and its great, go for ir

Views: 154    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
Does riding with geo in the high position also change the leverage ratio of the suspension?

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 19:36 Quote
Yes. What you'll notice most is that the rear end feels stuttery/much less plush in the chop.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
I didn't notice the chop, but I did notice it pops harder. That's what got me thinking about it.

I've been riding in the high mode the past 5 rides and I'm kind of liking it. It feels like I can put the front wheel wherever I want. Found myself carrying more speed into corners because I know I can get through them. It feels less stable in the rough stuff as I'd expect. However, if Strava is any sort of indicator, I PRd a couple rough trails where I felt for sure I was going slower. Also worth noting I wasn't trying to PR anything. Was just trying to get a feel for how the bike felt in high mode with different trails.

No real point here. Just stating what I'm observing. Kind of feels like the Capra 29 has multiple personalities. Trail bike in high mode, enduro bike in low mode.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 12:21 Quote
Any tips on how and where to fit a bootle cage on a Capra 2018?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 17:44 Quote
With an exception of a few flow trails, the bottom bracket is too low in the low for me. Pedal strike city despite it just being a small difference. It’s too bad because I appreciate the slack head tube angle. I’m going to try a 1.5 works angleset on it so I can get the benefit of more slack for steeps.

It should be noted that our trails are basically steep rockfests up then right back down. Not a lot of in between.

FL
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 0:52 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
With an exception of a few float trails, the bottom bracket is too low in the low for me. Pedal strike city despite it just being a small difference. It’s too bad because I appreciate the slack head tube angle. I’m going to try a 1.5 works angleset on it so I can get the benefit of more slack for steeps.

It should be noted that our trails are basically steep rockfests up then right back down. Not a lot of in between.
you can raise the fork travel by 1 cm, giving you the same HA

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 4:33 Quote
I have the pro race with 170 fork, I tend to ride in high setting. I ride northeast which is infamous for rocks, boulders and pedal strikes. I weigh 205-210, pedal strikes happen, but not as much of an issue as on my Ripley LS. The extra fork travel may be the difference, as may be the high setting. Something else to consider is a coil shock, the bike will sit higher in travel/have less sag with a properly set up coil shock. When I put a coil shock on my Nomad it helped a lot in this regard.

ryan83 wrote:
With an exception of a few float trails, the bottom bracket is too low in the low for me. Pedal strike city despite it just being a small difference. It’s too bad because I appreciate the slack head tube angle. I’m going to try a 1.5 works angleset on it so I can get the benefit of more slack for steeps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034167
Mobile Version of Website