Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
I Increased the travel from 160 to 170 today. It was pretty easy to remove the stroke limiter on the super deluxe. Why did they limit it in the first place anyway?

Today I also changed the air shaft on the Lyric to make it 170.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 2:50 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
mikaeljc wrote:
I Increased the travel from 160 to 170 today. It was pretty easy to remove the stroke limiter on the super deluxe. Why did they limit it in the first place anyway?

What was the part number for the air shaft you used? I've looked at doing the debonair upgrade a few times but kept putting it off. Someone told me id have to put the 180mm shaft into the 29er lyric to make it 170mm...? Do you remember if that's the size you picked too?

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Andyb27 wrote:
mikaeljc wrote:
mikaeljc wrote:

What was the part number for the air shaft you used? I've looked at doing the debonair upgrade a few times but kept putting it off. Someone told me id have to put the 180mm shaft into the 29er lyric to make it 170mm...? Do you remember if that's the size you picked too?

No as I understand it, on the 2018 Lyric at least, there is no difference on the air shaft between 650b an 29. So I just ordered the 650b 170mm air shaft and installed it. And it worked fine. I ordered this one in type 8.
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/Solo-Air-Air-Shaft-Pike-Lyrik-Yari-p51680/

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
Andyb27 wrote:
mikaeljc wrote:

No as I understand it, on the 2018 Lyric at least, there is no difference on the air shaft between 650b an 29. So I just ordered the 650b 170mm air shaft and installed it. And it worked fine. I ordered this one in type 8.
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/Solo-Air-Air-Shaft-Pike-Lyrik-Yari-p51680/

Awesome thanks for that!

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
Hey guys I have a 2018 capra 29 XL. Just wondering if anyone has tried putting a 2.6 tie in the rear.

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Odin17 wrote:
Hey guys I have a 2018 capra 29 XL. Just wondering if anyone has tried putting a 2.6 tie in the rear.

what brand of tires? if it is specialized you are probably ok, otherwise i wouldn't do it, with a 2.4 e.13 it is already tigh enough, and i used to rub the tire in the corners with the original wheels (i have a capra cf pro) i now have some more rigid wheels, but even then, in hard corners it can still rub,so with a bigger tire you are going to damage the paint and then the carbon

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
GirthWindandFire wrote:
How does everybody like the TRS tires and wheels? I’m looking at the Capra CF and haven’t seen any real feedback or reviews on the wheel set, and the consensus seems to be the tires are grippy but roll like pigs.any feedback would be great, thanks.

Maxxis dhr2 2.6, DHF 2.6 or aggressor 2.5

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
Odin17 wrote:
GirthWindandFire wrote:
How does everybody like the TRS tires and wheels? I’m looking at the Capra CF and haven’t seen any real feedback or reviews on the wheel set, and the consensus seems to be the tires are grippy but roll like pigs.any feedback would be great, thanks.

Maxxis dhr2 2.6, DHF 2.6 or aggressor 2.5

the agressor should be fine, but not the dhr

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Anyone here with exactly 6" ft in size and riding a large oder X-large Capra 29? I am confused which one I should choose...
Thanks!

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
Anyone here with exactly 6" ft in size and riding a large oder X-large Capra 29? I am confused which one I should choose...
Thanks!

I'm 6' on a L with a 40mm stem and love it. It's perfect. I rode an XL and it's a massive bike. Too big for a 6'er unless you're charging crazy steeps or parks.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
MntnMan wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:
Thanks!

I'm 6' on a L with a 40mm stem and love it. It's perfect. I rode an XL and it's a massive bike. Too big for a 6'er unless you're charging crazy steeps or parks.

Thanks man! I am riding a large Jeffsy 27 with 460 reach and 611 stack and I am just not sure. Some guys (also the yt support guys) told me to 'reach' for the XL...

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
MntnMan wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks man! I am riding a large Jeffsy 27 with 460 reach and 611 stack and I am just not sure. Some guys (also the yt support guys) told me to 'reach' for the XL...

What length stem are you running on your Jeffsy and how do you feel about the reach on it? If you are running a 50-60mm stem you could probably jump to an XL Capra 29er with a 35-40mm stem which would only be a 10-15mm reach jump from your Jeffsy and you gain stability in rough terrain. Depends what kind of bike feel you want, but a large will absolutely fit you... also depends if your torso or legs are longer... shorter torso at given height generally you don't want longer reach.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
gramboh wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:
MntnMan wrote:

What length stem are you running on your Jeffsy and how do you feel about the reach on it? If you are running a 50-60mm stem you could probably jump to an XL Capra 29er with a 35-40mm stem which would only be a 10-15mm reach jump from your Jeffsy and you gain stability in rough terrain. Depends what kind of bike feel you want, but a large will absolutely fit you... also depends if your torso or legs are longer... shorter torso at given height generally you don't want longer reach.

I tend to have longer legs and a shorter torso...on my Jeffsy I am running a 40mm stem, which maybe the reason I want it to be bigger. But Large seems right! Thanks!
Also I really like playful bikes but I don't want to miss stability...but you can't get the all-in-one-bike at this price right? Wink

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 1:53 Quote
PhilBoss wrote:
gramboh wrote:
PhilBoss wrote:

I tend to have longer legs and a shorter torso...on my Jeffsy I am running a 40mm stem, which maybe the reason I want it to be bigger. But Large seems right! Thanks!
Also I really like playful bikes but I don't want to miss stability...but you can't get the all-in-one-bike at this price right? Wink

I am 6´1 and have relatively long legs and shorter torso. I run the L Capra. Switching between my DH with 480 reach and the Capra with 465, the Capra feels perfect for the type of riding I do with it.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
Anyone else notice that the new Capra 29s come with 44mm rake on the fork? My 2018 has 51mm rake. Short offset fork has intrigued me since I demoed the Ripmo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033132
Mobile Version of Website