2019 5010

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2019 5010
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
I’m literally dying trying to find out more information on the 5010 and lately starting to dream about possibilities haha all I know about it is that color options are purple with black lettering and matte black with green/blue letttering and that it will have 27.5/27.5+ capability with 130mm front fork, announcement will be July 3rd. Have yet to hear about geometry or upgrade in suspension or any other changes and was hoping someone could fill me in on any Santa Cruz 5010 rumors as most available are related to Bronson, nomad, Tallboy, or Hightower LT which I am not interested in. Any news on 5010 you could post would be helpful and appreciated !

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 6:28 Quote
130mm fork or rear?

I heard/was hoping that it was going to 140 in the front

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
I was told in the front, I agree though that if 140 is a possible option I would go for the 140 since Bronson is going to 160.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/node/2433

Your welcome Big Grin only has high geometry mentioned and no pictures show up but description and geometry is seen on page towards the bottom.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
Interestingly, the 519mm A2C listed in the SC Geometry table for the V2 is based on the non boost 27.5 Fox 34 at 130mm, per Fox’s spec sheets the boost 34 is 535mm, so when SC started using the boost forks the geo changing technically. I ran the boost 34 fork on a V2 at 140mm and the bike felt good, but then I did not like the bike at 150mm. Now I am going to a boost 27.5 Fox 36, the A2C for 140mm is 529mm, which is shorter than the currrently spec boost 34 at 130.

So, SC finds a fork with a short A2C, they could totally go to 140 and not change much.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
Link no longer works, however I posted pictures that I took prior to it being taken down. I couldn’t find a way to attach pictures to the forum through my phone so go to my profile, look at photos under “bike” album and you will see 5010 new geometry. Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 22:32 Quote
I have heard from a couple people (just here and mtbr but trustworthy people) that the suspension layout will look like the nomad, but i don't think it will. I know that the bronson will for sure, but i think that the nomad layout will be too linear for the 5010. I have heard from one person who is a santa cruz dealer that the bike will look a lot like the blur that was released earlier this year in that it will have the same shock positioning, and a symmetrical rear triangle to improve stiffness. that would still allow them to run a 2.8" tire while keeping the chainstay real short. (425mm)

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16058453/

I knew it!
New 5010 looks rad, exactly how i thought it would come out. Im on mobile, so copy paste that mf

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
Ya bike looks pretty sweet, just put in for a preorder for the matte black version today at LBS. pretty excited about it ! Guy told me lettering would be type of greenish blue which he believes is turquoise.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
Looks like SC update their site. The purple & carbon is now showing. So sick looking. I can't decide between R+ Aluminum build and a YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
So, I ordered a '19 5010 Carbon C - R build yesterday, in Purple of course. Got a deal I couldn't pass up.

I was originally going to order an aluminum R+ build through my LBS. Called them to order it, wouldn't budge on the price at all saying they're "semi-custom bikes", ok whatever, and that the scheduled delivery date would be October 28th.

Got home and decided to see if there was anyone carrying them online and found Contender Bicycles out of Utah. Sent en email and they said the wait would be the same time frame for the aluminum frame models, but they're getting a few Carbon C models in and would sell me a Carbon R, not R+, for a decent price. Called them to confirm everything after looking the shop up to make sure it was legit. Everything was legit and Ryan was super helpful with all my questions so I ended up ordering it through them and I'll have it by the end of the month at most.

I really wanted to support my LBS, like I did previously, but I got the Carbon model for less than they were going to chage me for the aluminum build, so it was a no brainer. So stoked!!

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
Received my 5010 Carbon C last week. Only have two ride in on it so far, but man I love it already. It's so damn quiet compared to my Specialized Pitch. It handles like it's on rails. Only complaint so far is the mediocre SRAM Guide T brakes, they're meh at best and will be upgraded to Guide RSC's or the new 4 piston XTR's. NX Eagle shifts super smooth and quick.

Here's a few pics:

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 10:20 Quote
nice, those purple Tmacs look great on there

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
sosburn wrote:
nice, those purple Tmacs look great on there

Thanks! I was a bit hesitant about the color, it was a toss up between the purple or silver, but I'm glad I went with the purple.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
Mosh24 wrote:
Received my 5010 Carbon C last week. Only have two ride in on it so far, but man I love it already. It's so damn quiet compared to my Specialized Pitch. It handles like it's on rails. Only complaint so far is the mediocre SRAM Guide T brakes, they're meh at best and will be upgraded to Guide RSC's or the new 4 piston XTR's. NX Eagle shifts super smooth and quick.

Here's a few pics:

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Sick colored 5010, even sicker Genesis!!tup

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041603
Mobile Version of Website