Best playful dh bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best playful dh bike
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
ybsurf wrote:
Looking to get my first dh bike and looking for something playful poppy and super nimble could get a good deal on a 2016 rocky mountain maiden looks like a smaller frame but I only want to jumps and rip on high berms nothing techy or racing just plain old fun on flo trails and table top jumps any suggestion?
to be honest if you are just ripping flow trails you will have more fun on a smaller bike. Maybe look at a banshee darkside or a burlier enduro bike (nomad, firebird, patrol, etc.). Generally speaking they are both lighter and poppier. But if you are set on getting a DH bike then the tr500 and the maiden are classed as a couple of the more playful dh bikes. I have ridden them both and personally liked the tr better but it’s all set up and preference.

I heard maiden is really stiff and doesn't forgive much especially in dry loose condition so you think that's how it is? Then the stiffness comes alive when push on germs and jumps?

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
But keep in mind, reach on Darkside is only 438cm for size Large, i would stay away from it if you are well above 6ft. That's 438 mm when keeping bike in neutral position - 64° HA, if you drop it down to 63,5°as you mentioned earlier, it will shrink reach down to something like 433 mm, it's only 5 mm but it's noticeable, specially if you're taller.

I wish they would make Darkside slightly longer for next year. Lower it a bit and stretch the reach, while keeping short chainstay.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
I am also currently looking at the Furious, specifically the beautiful BC edition frameset. I think it is marketed as a "freeride" bike with great DH capabilities, so should hbe playful enough. The Maiden, IMHO, is a pure race machine, which doesn't sound so playful.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:14 Quote
yxbix wrote:
I am also currently looking at the Furious, specifically the beautiful BC edition frameset. I think it is marketed as a "freeride" bike with great DH capabilities, so should hbe playful enough. The Maiden, IMHO, is a pure race machine, which doesn't sound so playful.
Maiden race machine???? Did you read the reviews? They all said it's one of the best bike park bike around and meant for people who don't want to race. Check again you might be missing out.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
yxbix wrote:
I am also currently looking at the Furious, specifically the beautiful BC edition frameset. I think it is marketed as a "freeride" bike with great DH capabilities, so should hbe playful enough. The Maiden, IMHO, is a pure race machine, which doesn't sound so playful.
Maiden race machine???? Did you read the reviews? They all said it's one of the best bike park bike around and meant for people who don't want to race. Check again you might be missing out.

I am in no position to argue, since I really haven't looked into it. TBH I have never ever seen a Rocky Mountain live in any of the European parks I've ridden. You might be right.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 7:27 Quote
yxbix wrote:
ybsurf wrote:
yxbix wrote:
I am also currently looking at the Furious, specifically the beautiful BC edition frameset. I think it is marketed as a "freeride" bike with great DH capabilities, so should hbe playful enough. The Maiden, IMHO, is a pure race machine, which doesn't sound so playful.
Maiden race machine???? Did you read the reviews? They all said it's one of the best bike park bike around and meant for people who don't want to race. Check again you might be missing out.

I am in no position to argue, since I really haven't looked into it. TBH I have never ever seen a Rocky Mountain live in any of the European parks I've ridden. You might be right.
I heard rocky is quite rare in Europe but just check at team rider Tomhas Vanderham Vaea Verbeek Carson Storch Wade Simmons Brett Tippie all freerider and Ricky don't have a dh race team. They built bike for freeride it's on my list for sure.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Don't know, reviews also said that the V10 is a very playful bike. I raced with Santa Cruz distributor here for near 4 years (from 2010 to 2013) and I remember it as a complete race bike too far from being playful.

I think the feeling you have when riding a bike would be the best answer. I see you are from Canada, maybe if you can be in Whistler during the Crankworx you can try it, I remember Commençal had a stand there

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017320
Mobile Version of Website