PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
Final form of my 2017 Jeffsy 27 CF One. Changes from stock:

- Fork: Pike RCT3 added 160mm airshaft and Vorsprung Luftkappe
- Shock: DVO Topaz T3 - 230x65mm (spacer removed) for 160mm rear travel
- Offset bushings installed
- OneUp 150mm dropper (couldn't use a 150mm Race Face Turbine, legs too short with the long seat tube)
- Fabric Scoop saddle
- Race Face SIXC 35 800x35mm bars
- Race Face Atlas 35/35mm length stem
- Shimano XT8000 rear mech/shifter with SunRace 11-46 cassette
- Shimano XT8000 brakes w/ RT86 rotors (203/180mm)
- DMR Brendog Deathgrips
- Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5WT EXO MaxxGrip / DHRII 2.4WT EXO MaxxTerra (will switch to Doubledown casing in summer when speeds are higher and trails harsher)

Geometry in low is now around 65.5 head tube angle, 74 degree seat tube angle, 339mm bottom bracket height and 160/160mm travel (stock = 66.5/75/344/150/150).

photo

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
gramboh wrote:

- OneUp 150mm dropper (couldn't use a 150mm Race Face Turbine, legs too short with the long seat tube)
- Fabric Scoop saddle
- DMR Brendog Deathgrips
- Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5WT EXO MaxxGrip / DHRII 2.4WT EXO MaxxTerra (will switch to Doubledown casing in summer when speeds are higher and trails harsher)

Geometry in low is now around 65.5 head tube angle, 74 degree seat tube angle, 339mm bottom bracket height and 160/160mm travel (stock = 66.5/75/344/150/150).

photo

How do you like the topaz? I'm about to order one, no issue with the pressure(s)? Or anything else? And also, what did you use to mount it?

Very nice bike of yours, btw!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
TibZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:

- Fabric Scoop saddle
- DMR Brendog Deathgrips

How do you like the topaz? I'm about to order one, no issue with the pressure(s)? Or anything else? And also, what did you use to mount it?

Thanks! The Topaz has been awesome for me, a big upgrade from the stock Rock Shox Deluxe RT3. It's more plush and feels more planted to the ground the way I have it setup, the Deluxe was chattery in rough terrain (maybe because I'm a heavier guy 215lbs). No issues with pressure setup, but as others have said the bladder does leak air slowly over time so I end up checking it every week or two... doesn't bother me, takes an extra 30 seconds and I am always checking tire pressures anyway. The one negative is the 3-way compression switch does not apply as much LSC as the Deluxe so the shock is more active pedaling. I liked the lock setting on the RT3 for fire road climbs.

I reused the mounting hardware from the stock Deluxe no problem, although that is now swapped out for the offset bushing hardware (https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-yt-jeffsy)

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
serveace wrote:
Got my new Jeffsy 29er last week and took her out for a ride over the weekend.

I've just got my CF Pro and now I'm thinking about a damper upgrade like the DPX2. Could you please tell me the Tune ID of yours? This would help a lot tup .

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
Pixelsign wrote:
serveace wrote:
Got my new Jeffsy 29er last week and took her out for a ride over the weekend.

I've just got my CF Pro and now I'm thinking about a damper upgrade like the DPX2. Could you please tell me the Tune ID of yours? This would help a lot tup .

It's DPPW

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
serveace wrote:
It's DPPW

Cheers! Looks like it's not listed in the official Fox Database.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Pixelsign wrote:
serveace wrote:
It's DPPW

Cheers! Looks like it's not listed in the official Fox Database.

Ha, looks like you're right. I just double-checked for my sanity and DPPW it is.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
Just joined the mob, here's my new beast! Picked her up from the blowout sale
New rig finally came in

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
drummerboi197 wrote:
New rig finally came in

Nice! Wish I was closer to come down for that, would have deffinately picked up something.

Also disappointed I had to zoom in to figure out if this was a Tues or a Decoy!

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
drummerboi197 wrote:
New rig finally came in

Nice! Wish I was closer to come down for that, would have deffinately picked up something.

Also disappointed I had to zoom in to figure out if this was a Tues or a Decoy!

I actually bought it online in their bike outlet section!

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
gramboh wrote:
TibZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:

- Fabric Scoop saddle
- DMR Brendog Deathgrips

Thanks! The Topaz has been awesome for me, a big upgrade from the stock Rock Shox Deluxe RT3. It's more plush and feels more planted to the ground the way I have it setup, the Deluxe was chattery in rough terrain (maybe because I'm a heavier guy 215lbs). No issues with pressure setup, but as others have said the bladder does leak air slowly over time so I end up checking it every week or two... doesn't bother me, takes an extra 30 seconds and I am always checking tire pressures anyway. The one negative is the 3-way compression switch does not apply as much LSC as the Deluxe so the shock is more active pedaling. I liked the lock setting on the RT3 for fire road climbs.

I reused the mounting hardware from the stock Deluxe no problem, although that is now swapped out for the offset bushing hardware (https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-yt-jeffsy)

Ok thank you for your answer! Regarding the mounting hardware, what is the diameter / length for front and rear shock axles? Did you remove the Fox-typed bushings to install the rock shox ones?

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
TibZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:
TibZ wrote:

Ok thank you for your answer! Regarding the mounting hardware, what is the diameter / length for front and rear shock axles? Did you remove the Fox-typed bushings to install the rock shox ones?

It'll be using 17.4x10mm / 40x10mm hardware for the '17 Jeffsy.

Diameter for the RS and DVO shocks are the same, but the DVO shock will have a Fox style DU bush installed so the spacers from your Super Deluxe will not fit. If you install a regular style DU bush such as a RS one (don't re-use your old one) or one from us - https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/du-bushing then you can use your original spacers too.

Hope that helps! Jeron @ offsetbushings.com

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
jezzah wrote:
TibZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:

It'll be using 17.4x10mm / 40x10mm hardware for the '17 Jeffsy.

Diameter for the RS and DVO shocks are the same, but the DVO shock will have a Fox style DU bush installed so the spacers from your Super Deluxe will not fit. If you install a regular style DU bush such as a RS one (don't re-use your old one) or one from us - https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/du-bushing then you can use your original spacers too.

Hope that helps! Jeron @ offsetbushings.com

^^^ everything Jeron said. I was coming from a Deluxe to the DVO. Also throwing props to Offsetbushings.com - great customer service and satisfied with the product, I recommend to other Jeffsy carbon frame owners who want to slacken the bike out a touch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014745
Mobile Version of Website