PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
chacou wrote:
Large 2018 YT Jeffsy 29 ALC
RockShox Pike 150mm DbA
DVO Jade 500x2.5 LS

Climbs a bit slower, but it descends so much better, still poppy less harsh. Next update will be in a day or two when the OneUp dropper arrives and I send the e13 back for "service". I want to swap the SLX shifter/derailuer for XT and then one day swap the Guide RS to Shimano Zee brakes. ...and put Spank Oozy 350s on it Wink

I switched to the one up dropper, much better. I also ditched the SLX for GX/X1. I’m amazed how bad the SLX stuff was.

What issues have you had with SLX? I have nearly 2k miles on my slx mech and shifter with 0 issues. Shifts like a champ every time, nothing but cable tension and some grease now and then.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Erotomania wrote:
chacou wrote:
Large 2018 YT Jeffsy 29 ALC
RockShox Pike 150mm DbA
DVO Jade 500x2.5 LS

Climbs a bit slower, but it descends so much better, still poppy less harsh. Next update will be in a day or two when the OneUp dropper arrives and I send the e13 back for "service". I want to swap the SLX shifter/derailuer for XT and then one day swap the Guide RS to Shimano Zee brakes. ...and put Spank Oozy 350s on it Wink

I switched to the one up dropper, much better. I also ditched the SLX for GX/X1. I’m amazed how bad the SLX stuff was.

What issues have you had with SLX? I have nearly 2k miles on my slx mech and shifter with 0 issues. Shifts like a champ every time, nothing but cable tension and some grease now and then.

Mine survived a year, even after being bent back into shape a few times. I’ll give it credit there, but that’s it. Slow sloppy shifting, clutch is terrible, jockey wheels constantly made noise. Just all around not good.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
Erotomania wrote:

Mine survived a year...

Same, Just over a year in, and way less than 2000 miles and it's just getting slow and sloppy. I regularly clean and grease but it feels slow, like rubbing. It's a lot of climbing it's mostly big long climbs followed by big long descent, so typically shifting all within the ~3-4 largest rings. I'd like to get bearings instead of bushings and XT is cheap at the moment, not free, but...

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 2:35 Quote

Swapped air spring to a 160mm DebonAir in my Lyric. Ride changed so much. Unbelievable!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Man, I love this bike!

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Ignore the rear light lol

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
James32167 wrote:

Can’t do it. 3ms after opening page I was zooming in like wtf is that a reflector?

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
James32167 wrote:

Can’t do it. 3ms after opening page I was zooming in like wtf is that a reflector?

Ha! this was taken a few months ago when it goes dark early and I do a lot of night riding.

How about a pic without the light (but with a frame pack and water bottle :lolSmile

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
James32167 wrote:
How about a pic without the light (but with a frame pack and water bottle :lolSmile

I don’t know man... Can’t be unseen.....

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
Man, I love this bike!

NIce
How's the X2 compared to the dpx2?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
iuuumm wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
Man, I love this bike!

NIce
How's the X2 compared to the dpx2?

I actually didn't ride with the DPX2 but read a lot that the shock/bike combination is very progressive, which I didn't like about my last bike. That being said, the X2 is phenomenal. On typical trail rides I go through ~75% of the travel and park days ~90% of the travel so the system is still pretty progressive but it's soooo smooth. My last bike had 125mm of rear travel so I don't know if its just the extra travel but the rear of the Jeffsy feels like it's riding on clouds. I'm running the Fox recommended settings and don't feel the need to make any adjustments.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
Man, I love this bike!
I know someone asked about this already, but is there a negative for climbing with the X2? I know it has a climb switch, but I have heard mixed things about the x2 on the climbs, how is small bump sensitivity? does it still feel nice and poppy? Thanks!

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
TreyCox wrote:
Jooorgeee wrote:
Man, I love this bike!
I know someone asked about this already, but is there a negative for climbing with the X2? I know it has a climb switch, but I have heard mixed things about the x2 on the climbs, how is small bump sensitivity? does it still feel nice and poppy? Thanks!
I live in So Cal so we really have to earn our descents with relatively painful climbs. I have no complaints about the X2 in this regard. I'll sometimes finish climbs and be surprised that I've accidental left the climb switch open. The climb switch does reduce pedal bob significantly. I hear "small bump sensitivity" thrown around a lot and to me it seems like any well functioning "trail" fork/shock should manage this well since that's the majority of obstacles we encounter. But yea, it's as smooth as butter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033047
Mobile Version of Website