Show Off Your YT

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
gramboh wrote:
^^^ Beauty, I wanted that colourway but only the silver/deep petrol was available in 27.5 so that's what I got (and it's growing on me).

How do you find the X2 versus the DPX2? I only have a few rides on mine but am not overly impressed with the shock versus my old Topaz. Debating an X2 or DHX2 in the future after some more tuning.

Thank you! I strongly considered the silver/deep petrol, but ultimately went with the matte/glossy black which is really gray in color. Pretty stoked on the Jeffsy so far. I demoed a ton of bikes before pulling the trigger on this one.

A lot to unpack regarding the shock. I bought it as a barely used take-off, off a Fezzari La Sal Peak, so I'm not sure what kind of custom tuning Fox did for that bike, and how similar/different the leverage curve is between the La Sal and Jeffsy. Initially the DPX2 felt more poppy, more progressive, and seems to have a little more midstroke support. As for the X2, I started off with only 1 volume spacer (how it was sold to me), and it felt pretty digressive through the mid stroke. After adding a second volume spacer to the X2 it's closer to what I'm looking for, but I think I'll likely add a third volume spacer. If I can get the X2 to be more supportive in the mid stroke I'll be happy.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Version 2.0

Scrapped the heavy coil(s) for the stock rear shock, Lyrik RC2 and a full AXS X01 setup.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
gmgowen wrote:
gramboh wrote:
^^^ Beauty, I wanted that colourway but only the silver/deep petrol was available in 27.5 so that's what I got (and it's growing on me).

How do you find the X2 versus the DPX2? I only have a few rides on mine but am not overly impressed with the shock versus my old Topaz. Debating an X2 or DHX2 in the future after some more tuning.

Thank you! I strongly considered the silver/deep petrol, but ultimately went with the matte/glossy black which is really gray in color. Pretty stoked on the Jeffsy so far. I demoed a ton of bikes before pulling the trigger on this one.

A lot to unpack regarding the shock. I bought it as a barely used take-off, off a Fezzari La Sal Peak, so I'm not sure what kind of custom tuning Fox did for that bike, and how similar/different the leverage curve is between the La Sal and Jeffsy. Initially the DPX2 felt more poppy, more progressive, and seems to have a little more midstroke support. As for the X2, I started off with only 1 volume spacer (how it was sold to me), and it felt pretty digressive through the mid stroke. After adding a second volume spacer to the X2 it's closer to what I'm looking for, but I think I'll likely add a third volume spacer. If I can get the X2 to be more supportive in the mid stroke I'll be happy.

Thanks for the detail... how much do you weigh roughly? Did you find the DPX2 harsh on small bump/stutter bumps? I'm coming from a DVO Topaz on my mk1 Jeffsy 27 and it felt a lot more plush on small bump yet good with midstroke, just a nice soft planted feeling in the back. I find the DPX2 totally opposite yet I am still using a lot of travel when I shouldn't even with 30% sag. Still more playing around to do but for a Fox Factory reservoir trail shock I'm not impressed.

Might go back to my Topaz or look at an X2/DHX2 climb switch since I've loved both of those shocks on DH bikes.

Edit ^^^ That Jeffsy with AXS and Lyrik looks siiiiiiiiick. Nicely done.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Grabbed this frame on a great deal, and built it up with this below, absolutely love this bike so far.

Fork: Rockshox Pike RCT3 Debonair 160mm
Shock: Cane Creek double barrel coil CS 230x65 160mm
Drivetrain: SRAM X1 11 Speed
Brakes: SRAM Guide RS 180mm Rotors F/R
Dropper Post: KS Lev Integra
Handlebars: Spank Spike Vibrocore 35 800mm
Grips: Ergon Gd1
Stem: Raceface Atlas 40mm
Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Pedals: Crankbrothers Stamp 7
Tires: Schwalbe Supergravity Magic Mary Upfront and Hans Dampf in the rear
Misc: AllMountain style frame guard
DIY formed kydex downtube protector
ONE UP chain guide/bash guard

Posted: 1 days ago Quote

2019 Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27 in size large

Had the bike for 6 weeks or so and have put decent miles on it. Loving it, some combination of the new frame design, Fox 36 and carbon wheels give a lot more stable feeling in rough terrain than my 2017 CF One with a Pike. Still not totally sold on the DPX2, once I get my hands on new hardware for my DVO Topaz I will give it a shot. The e13 cassette is awesome for range (with a 30t chainring) but the backpedal dropping is worse than my old XT8000/SunRace 11-46 and the shifting quality is not as good as stock XTR. Once it wears out I will probably go XT8100 12-speed 10-51.

Mods from stock:
- Shimano XT 8020 4-piston brakes with 203mm RT-86 Icetech rotors+pads front/rear
- Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.5WT 3C MaxxGrip DoubleDown front and DHR II 27.5x2.4WT 3C MaxxTerra DoubleDown rear tires
- e*Thirteen 30t guidering - 32/46 is too hard to climb with in B.C.
- Fabric Scoop saddle

gramboh wrote:

Had the bike for 6 weeks or so and have put decent miles on it. Loving it, some combination of the new frame design, Fox 36 and carbon wheels give a lot more stable feeling in rough terrain than my 2017 CF One with a Pike. Still not totally sold on the DPX2, once I get my hands on new hardware for my DVO Topaz I will give it a shot. The e13 cassette is awesome for range (with a 30t chainring) but the backpedal dropping is worse than my old XT8000/SunRace 11-46 and the shifting quality is not as good as stock XTR. Once it wears out I will probably go XT8100 12-speed 10-51.

Mods from stock:
- Shimano XT 8020 4-piston brakes with 203mm RT-86 Icetech rotors+pads front/rear
- Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.5WT 3C MaxxGrip DoubleDown front and DHR II 27.5x2.4WT 3C MaxxTerra DoubleDown rear tires
- Fabric Scoop saddle

Beautiful bike. I just went XT8100 and it’s night and day difference. However, I was on SLX 11sp with the ethirteen cassette but the backpedal drop is gone and it’s stupid quiet. Shifting is smooth as hell, never knew shifting could be that clean.

Branmuffin wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Mods from stock:
- Fabric Scoop saddle

Beautiful bike. I just went XT8100 and it’s night and day difference. However, I was on SLX 11sp with the ethirteen cassette but the backpedal drop is gone and it’s stupid quiet. Shifting is smooth as hell, never knew shifting could be that clean.

Thanks dude.

Interesting to hear about the shifting. I expected the backpedal issues but was mostly surprised that XTR9000 shifter/mech doesn't feel smoother than my XT8000/SunRace which costs like 1/5th as much for those 3 components. It really must be the e13 cassette causing it. I was expecting it to feel as good as X01 Eagle etc. Oh well, at least it's light hahah.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014564
Mobile Version of Website