Show Off Your YT

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 20:11 Quote
Those red blingy bits from hope look nice with the matte black!

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
Got my Jeffsy some upgrades.
- A Pike Ultimate in silver and XMC 1200 wheels. Big Grin
Jeffs with a new Pike Ultimate and 1200XMC wheels

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
180mm air cartridge in the lyrik and 8.75 x 2.75 dhx rc4 mounted up with an eccentric front mounting hardware to give it 186mm rear travel. Raceface atlas pedals. Ergon smc4 m saddle. 220mm front rotor. And muc off tubless conversion. Although I have been having a hard getting the front tire to seal up.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Although I have been having a hard getting the front tire to seal up.
There is a trick I use when my tubeless tire won't hold the air over time.
Try to increase the pressure to at least 60 to 75 psi over a day.
The higher pressure helps to press the sealant into the places where the air leaks out and seal it.
This has worked for everytime pretty good.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
I leave a tube in my tubeless setup for a day or two to accomplish the same. Works great also.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 15:24 Quote

So many pristine, clean and colourful bikes!.....heres's a noir carbon 2017 vintage 29er Jeffsy getting down and dirty, to balance things up. Originally a CF2, recently (and long overdue) converted to CF1, with CC DB inline Coil and150mm deb airshaft as key upgrades. SWEEEEET!

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:

Cool Big Grin

Beautiful bike! That seatpost looks really high though, is it at minimum insertion depth?

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Camstyn wrote:

Beautiful bike! That seatpost looks really high though, is it at minimum insertion depth?

Thanks! It's lower now than it was in that pic, and it's nowhere near the minimum insertion, the top of the seat post collar is just below the 'S' of TRANSFER on the back of the post.

I do need a 200mm dropper post though!

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
kwapik wrote:
I leave a tube in my tubeless setup for a day or two to accomplish the same. Works great also.
I ended up dismounting the tire, for the second time, and discovered that the sealing tape ran up the inner sidewall of the rim about a millimeter or two. So I cut it, and problem solved. I originally was going to mount some wtb tires but decided to get some conti der baron projekt's instead. They were on sale for $60 each and I've used them in past with great success. The conti's definitely fit tighter on the rim and seated perfectly round with no issues.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
brassinne wrote:
180mm air cartridge in the lyrik and 8.75 x 2.75 dhx rc4 mounted up with an eccentric front mounting hardware to give it 186mm rear travel. Raceface atlas pedals. Ergon smc4 m saddle. 220mm front rotor. And muc off tubless conversion. Although I have been having a hard getting the front tire to seal up.

I need to know more about this shock size fitment to get the 180+ mm of rear travel. I have a spare dhx2 from my ‘16 capra colllecting dust in the workshop i could toss on mine as well.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
brassinne wrote:

I need to know more about this shock size fitment to get the 180+ mm of rear travel. I have a spare dhx2 from my ‘16 capra colllecting dust in the workshop i could toss on mine as well.
Well it's pretty simple really. 8.75" is the eye to eye, which equal 222.25mm. The factory installed shock is 230mm eye to eye. So by installing my offset bushing, I effectively increased the eye to eye length of the dhx to roughly 226mm. And I set the flip chip in the high setting. Basically making the geo very close to what it would be if I had the 230mm eye to eye shock installed with the flip chip in the low setting. Now the stroke on the dhx is 2.75", which equals 69.85mm. So if the 60mm stroke shock gives the bike 160mm of rear wheel travel, I divided 160 by 60, which is 2.666. Times that by 69.85 and tou end up with 186.22. And that's the rear wheel travel based on a 69.85mm stroke rear shock on the capra. Interestingly enough, if you look at the 170mm travel capra with the 65mm stroke shock and do the math, you end up with actually 173mm, not 170mm as advertised. So I'm assuming that the rear wheel travel numbers that YT gives are probably "rounded out".

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Any tire rub with full compression?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Any tire rub with full compression?

Nope. It's close. Roughly 10mm from the seat post. And to be fair, I'm not suggesting that anyone put a similar shock on their bike. I only did it because I had to send mine to sram for warranty and just had the dhx laying around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013835
Mobile Version of Website