code26 wrote:
jde wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

Originally it was a classic black / red AL one
now its a raw (brushed finish) with invisiframe
goal was to be close to "LTD" version (like a Capra LTD)
major changes :
- brakes G2 !
- pike 160mm + debon air + charger 2.1
- monarch plus debon air
- Mavic deemax
- bottom bracket and headset = full Hope (race face and acros died after about 6 month of use)
- transmission : E13 trs+ cassette 9-46 12 speed / 28T front so i can keep the X1 rear derailleur !

Oh GOSH YES!!! My Jeffsy is the only 'painted' bike in my garage (because it's carbon) all others are raw aluminum. This is tits!

thanks !

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
chrisk wrote:
What process did you use to strip and "brush finish" your frame? It looks great.

thanks,

i use scotch brite red first and grey for finish (+ water and soap with scotch brite like a "sponge" to "soften" it)
but first = paint stripping by a pro !

and surprise = lot of difference between welded zone (raw like if it was blast with sand) and tubes / straight parts (already brushed but with coarse abrasive)

but the result is as good as i expected = raw like capra ltd finish !

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
jde wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

major changes :
- brakes G2 !
- monarch plus debon air
- Mavic deemax
- bottom bracket and headset = full Hope (race face and acros died after about 6 month of use)
- transmission : E13 trs+ cassette 9-46 12 speed / 28T front so i can keep the X1 rear derailleur !

Well done bro! That is definitely a sick looking jeffsy

thanks !

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
mior wrote:
jde wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

major changes :
- brakes G2 !
- monarch plus debon air
- Mavic deemax

whats with thew 2 piston brakes

hi,
it's 4 piston brake Sram Guide G2 RSC / much more power than first generation Guide

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
azinwood wrote:
18 Jeffsy CF 27.5

29" Fox 36 Grip2
400lb DHX2
Zee Brakes 200/200mm
Assegai/HRII
Renthal bar and stem with sensus grips
Deity Deftraps
Oneup components V1 dropper

Handles anything I ride it here in the PNW - fast and flickable

18 Jeffsy
What are the deets on the conversion? F/R travel, offset, angle set, flip chip? I've been mullet curious about my 2017 for a while now.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
dookeh wrote:
What are the deets on the conversion? F/R travel, offset, angle set, flip chip? I've been mullet curious about my 2017 for a while now.

160mm 29er with 44mm offset
Flip Chip is in low, but have run it in high. Hard for me to tell the difference but I like to keep the BB lower.
No angle set since it's carbon.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
azinwood wrote:
dookeh wrote:

Flip Chip is in low, but have run it in high. Hard for me to tell the difference but I like to keep the BB lower.

What is the issue with running an angle set on a carbon frame?

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
flyingchancla wrote:
azinwood wrote:
dookeh wrote:

It’s less about it being carbon, and more about there just not being one for the Jeffsy carbon bikes.

I’m pretty sure the new Guerilla Gravity carbon frames have angle adjust headsets.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
flyingchancla wrote:
azinwood wrote:

It’s less about it being carbon, and more about there just not being one for the Jeffsy carbon bikes.

I’m pretty sure the new Guerilla Gravity carbon frames have angle adjust headsets.

yup, that's exactly it. Jeffsy carbon is integrated so no chance to use alternative cups.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
azinwood wrote:
dookeh wrote:

I'm on 27 so I guess I'm SOL now that I think of it. Maybe I should do it to my Process 111 29er so I don't buzz my ass on landings so often.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
The mk1 Jeffsy carbon has an integrated headset so you can't run angle sets. The mk2 2019+ Jeffsy you can run one since it's ZS not IS, you just end up with an external (lower I think) cup.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
gramboh wrote:
The mk1 Jeffsy carbon has an integrated headset so you can't run angle sets. The mk2 2019+ Jeffsy you can run one since it's ZS not IS, you just end up with an external (lower I think) cup.

Good to know. I have a 21' 29". I'm gonna go with a 160 fork and angle set, eventually. Hope to show it off here soon...

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
photo
My Capra 29.

Current form...
photo

Build:
2018 AL Base Frame
Lyrik (upgraded from 160mm RC to 170mm Debonair and Charger 2.1 RC2)
Super Deluxe Coil (230x65 for that extra travel)
Code R Brakes (they've felt good so haven't swapped them for anything else)
Spank 359 (Front has Vibrocore, both have cushcore, Assegai front, dhr ii rear)
Eagle GX drivetrain
Race Face Aeffect cranks with RaceFace Steel 28t ring
Deity Deftrap Pedals
E*Thirteen Vario post
Ergon SM Women Gel saddle
Aeffect Bar/Stem, Deity Supracush
Garmin Edge 520

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029032
Mobile Version of Website