Show Off Your YT

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:22 Quote
Not the best picture. But this is an interim one. Spent a bit of £££ upgrading, things left to do: new saddle (Ergon on it's way) and replace green OneUp extender (out of stock) with a black one. Since the picture was taken I've removed the gloss invisiframe (from the matte frame!).

Then i'll get a decent pic done.
YT Capra AL1 Comp 2016

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:45 Quote
photo

Soon ready for NZ tripp.
Got 150mm Debonair upgrade and fork sevice done.
Smaller front oval and chain. Carbon rockguard ..

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Luis-Sc wrote:
cheers guys ! found both suggestions around here ( europe )

the gorilla tape i had in mind is something like this : https://youtu.be/96QBx4sL9i4 - i used something similar in my last bike to protect ( almost most of ) it but when it came to contours i didn't really do a good job as it's sticky and tricky to cut without leaving massive finger prints Big Grin

Ah! That makes more sense. I thought the types of tape you mentioned were the fabric embedded types. Now I see I was mistaken. On the clear stuff, I don't see why the vinyl cutting tape wouldn't work, as long as you get the cut right off the start and maintain equal pull speed running the whole length. The issue with the tight contours is more about laying the cutting tape down than actually cutting the material. The wrap over the string in the cutting tape starts to crease a little, making the shape a little off.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
mv70 wrote:
photo

Soon ready for NZ tripp.
Got 150mm Debonair upgrade and fork sevice done.
Smaller front oval and chain. Carbon rockguard ..

Just took mine to NZ. Enjoy.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 21:25 Quote
2018 Jeffsy CF Pro Big Grin

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
asdfjosh wrote:
2018 Jeffsy CF Pro Big Grin

photo

photo

Dang, that's Clean looking, no logo's goes a long way sometimes..Nice ride.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
photo

That's a box, not a bike. Put it together.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Here ya go tough guy!! Haha...

photo

Here she is. First impressions; super beefy. Def on the aggressive trail bike side of things. Stays are massive, ala a Tues. There is a fair amount of protective tape on the frame similar to Invisiframe. Kind of a matte pearl white and gloss gunmetal paint scheme. Packing was awesome; typical YT. I dig it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
rme-dh wrote:

(image)

Here she is. First impressions; super beefy. Def on the aggressive trail bike side of things. Stays are massive, ala a Tues. There is a fair amount of protective tape on the frame similar to Invisiframe. Kind of a matte pearl white and gloss gunmetal paint scheme. Packing was awesome; typical YT. I dig it.

looks great - mine should be arriving early March - can't wait to show it off here -

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
Wait is toooooo lonnnnggggg for AL Comp Capra. hoping it will be soooonnerrrr!!!!!

FL
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
rme-dh wrote:

photo

Looks really great. Frame size and your height?

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
Large, 5 feet 9.5 inches (176.5 cm)

I’ve been riding a 460 reach Whyte S-150 and before that a 450 SC Hightower (both larges). Really liked the Hightower, but wish the SA were steeper and the seat tube were shorter. The Whyte was an improvement. Slightly steeper SA and extended reach, but still wanted steeper without getting cramped. This is the ticket for me now. Obviously, as the SA increases the reach “needs” to as well to keep the seated cockpit dimensions in order. My goal was to find something that felt like my Hightower cockpit wise, but with better angles; shifting everything “forward”. While attacking, the addl reach and resulting wheelbase Is just icing on the cake and should provide additional stability. For me, this bike gives me a bit more flexibility to tweak my setup to further tailor the fit. The bike is specced with a 50mm stem, but I may experiment with a 40mm that I have as well. We’ll see... Thanks and good luck.

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
@R2Detour @kwapik I've decided to go with invisiframe - got an email from YT that the bike is being shipped early so hopefully will post in a couple weeks when it's all done !

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Luis-Sc wrote:
@R2Detour @kwapik I've decided to go with invisiframe - got an email from YT that the bike is being shipped early so hopefully will post in a couple weeks when it's all done !

Nice! Bring on the pics!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047102
Mobile Version of Website