General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
Sassyquatch wrote:
Is it possible to run a Smash with a 2.5 27.5 wheel rear with a 65mm stroke shock without the MT seatstay? I’m curious how it would be in 29/27.5 mode...ran my Ventana for years that way and really enjoyed it. Seems like it might have some advantages on jumpier bike park trails...
We wouldn't recommend this, the seatstay kits correct both the BB height and shock leverage rate between each model. 27.5" wheels on The Smash would really drop the BB height down, especially with the additional sag of a longer shock.

c-woj wrote:
My main complaints about the Stumpy, & why I'm interested in moving on are: 1. I feel a little cramped on it, & if I move the saddle back, climbing efficiency/comfort decreases a lot. Longer stem makes the steering get piggy. 2. With gear & water I'm approaching 250lb, & maxing out the pressure on the Fox Float shock 3. I'd like room for higher volume 29" tires.
You'll dig The Smash for sure. Our XL is going to be much roomier in and out of the saddle compared to the 2019 Stumpy you rode as well as your XXL classic Stumpy. At 250lbs you'll be looking at only needing around 230psi in a Rockshox rear shock (325psi max pressure) on our bikes due to our low leverage rate design; this puts you right in the middle of the usable damping range unlike bikes with higher leverage rates that require you to max out the air-can pressure (and subsequently rebound).

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 18:33 Quote
GuerrillaGravity wrote:
You'll dig The Smash for sure. Our XL is going to be much roomier in and out of the saddle compared to the 2019 Stumpy you rode as well as your XXL classic Stumpy. At 250lbs you'll be looking at only needing around 230psi in a Rockshox rear shock (325psi max pressure) on our bikes due to our low leverage rate design; this puts you right in the middle of the usable damping range unlike bikes with higher leverage rates that require you to max out the air-can pressure (and subsequently rebound).

Oh cool thanks for that explanation.

I'm 6'6" 240 on my XL smash I felt I didn't have to pump it to crazy pressures.. surprised me when I got the bike. Now I know why. Also i'm running 30-35% sag and have yet to bottom it out.

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
Thx for sharing the info, & more via direct communication while I chose my build.

New Bike Day is about 4 weeks out! woot!

: )

Posted: Oct 12, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
Well, I have ordered mine end of last month. Opted for the megatrail with coil, wanted a 140/150mm travel bike but decided to stay with 160 now.
Looking at getting a dvo diamond, cc helm or mrp.

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
Nice! MT looks awesome too! Nice thing is, with a seat stay kit and a few other parts, you can have a Smash too...I’m gradually building up the parts to do the same in reverse for more variety!

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 0:54 Quote
Yeah, hence why I ordered. Its sort of future tech proof in a way

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
If anyone wants to try new things, I have a set of raw seatstays for a megatrail, and a 230x65 Deluxe RCT coil shock (375/400 spring rates).

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 2:48 Quote
My frame been sitting at customs since the weekend. Stoke is growing tho

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
My frame been sitting at customs since the weekend. Stoke is growing tho

Is it here now?

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 11:28 Quote
Naa, still at customs. They are extremely slow, no urgency to get things done

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 18:52 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

Well, it’s true... Smash arrived and I totally dig it! The only error is the 230psi bit. I have none, as I went with the RS coil in the back :-) It was love at first ride.

Thx GG!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019911
Mobile Version of Website