General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
acedeuce802 wrote:
Just a note that the Pistola limits tire clearance to 29x2.4. It's a great setup, unless you want to run big tires. It's the downside of running more travel with short chainstays, just not enough clearance to the seat tube. Alternatively, there's a thread on MTBR that says the Shred Dogg stays actually have more tire clearance than the Trail Pistol, so you can run bigger 29er tires (despite being 27.5 chainstays) with more travel and still have short chainstays, the downside to that is higher BB.

Revved stays are supposed to clear 2.5 and possibly 2.6 in Pistola mode.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
stubs179 wrote:
acedeuce802 wrote:
Just a note that the Pistola limits tire clearance to 29x2.4. It's a great setup, unless you want to run big tires. It's the downside of running more travel with short chainstays, just not enough clearance to the seat tube. Alternatively, there's a thread on MTBR that says the Shred Dogg stays actually have more tire clearance than the Trail Pistol, so you can run bigger 29er tires (despite being 27.5 chainstays) with more travel and still have short chainstays, the downside to that is higher BB.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/trail-pistola-tire-clearance-for-revved-carbon-frame.1103577/#:~:text=Guerrilla%20Gravity%20said%3A,rear%20tire%20clearance%20to%2029x2.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
acedeuce802 wrote:
stubs179 wrote:
acedeuce802 wrote:

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/trail-pistola-tire-clearance-for-revved-carbon-frame.1103577/#:~:text=Guerrilla%20Gravity%20said%3A,rear%20tire%20clearance%20to%2029x2.

That is for the previous TP with AL rear triangle. The new TP with Revved rear triangle has longer chainstays.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
I ordered the new Trail Pistol with Revved rear triangle and was told the 2.5 Aggressor will clear in Pistola configuration. I don’t have the bike yet, not sure any have shipped out yet, so I can’t confirm.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
Oh, awesome! That's good to hear. Definitely makes the Pistola a more attractive choice. Kind of forgot about the new carbon rear end, just figured when you said revved rear end that you were talking about revved bikes in general.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
Explodo wrote:
acedeuce802 wrote:

I can confirm that my 29x2.5 High Roller IIs clear my Shred Dogg frame, but I didn't try it under any sort of compression.

Update on this. The tire is absurdly close(without hitting) the derailleur cable where it exits the frame and goes over to the chainstay, but otherwise the 29x2.5 fits just fine on the shred dogg and even clears fine under compression.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
Does anyone run frame protection (3m etc?) and if so, does it stick to the frame well?

I went to Ridewrap but they said their product doesn’t stick to the revved carbon, so was curious to see what the rest of you guys/girls run?

Cheers

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
I have the Ridewrap kit on my revved smash for a year now. Sticks fine

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
These bikes aren't lauded enough?
I'm still screwing around on and getting used to the bike, and haven't pushed it yet, but seriously what a supremely balanced machine.
For how long and slack it is, it seems to love getting sideways and I can rail corners like I have never felt before.

It's incredibly balanced. I'm always in the right spot on the bike, and the slightest flick and weight distribution change sends me off a drop proper.

Super poppy and balanced when jibbing.

I've pointed it down what essentially amounts to a 4 ft wall, and it rolls down it while keeping me balanced with minimal tire buzz.

I can stand pedal this thing in open mode and Plush mode and I actually get power.
For a standard link with a small linkage tweak, that is extremely impressive, and it moves through its travel well because it's just a progressive curve.

Granted i have an elevensix, which definitely contributes to that experience, but the supremely balanced riding position wouldn't change at the same sag with any shock.

A little Wallowy when actually turning the bars, but man can I lean this thing.

Is thing really just that good and no one talks about it?

Seriously.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
paleforks wrote:
I'm still screwing around on and getting used to the bike, and haven't pushed it yet, but seriously what a supremely balanced machine.

I’m with you, man. My Smash/Push/Lyrik showed up on Wednesday and I’ve only been on two rides since then, but on both of those rides I PR’d a pretty gnarly DH section on my local loop. I’ve spent the past two years on a Megatower/Push/Zeb riding that trail a couple of times a week, so it’s blowing my mind that I can go from a 160/160 enduro rig to a 150/145 all-mountain rig and feel more in control.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
codahale wrote:
I’m with you, man. My Smash/Push/Lyrik showed up on Wednesday and I’ve only been on two rides since then, but on both of those rides I PR’d a pretty gnarly DH section on my local loop. I’ve spent the past two years on a Megatower/Push/Zeb riding that trail a couple of times a week, so it’s blowing my mind that I can go from a 160/160 enduro rig to a 150/145 all-mountain rig and feel more in control.

As a bike alone, it would be impressive, but add the fact that you can change seatstay kits?
This is an engineering marvel.

I have very high expectations for their other models now.

It's aaaalllmost too much bike for most of my trails, but the pedaling efficiency and seat position make it a ripper on the flow as well.
Sometimes I think: "seriously, what am I going to ride this thing on?", but then it becomes efficient and taught when I'm riding mellower stuff.

It's just a tad "bigger", and you feel that, but it also rides way,way bigger than it feels.

My other bike was perfect for most trails, nimble, and extremely composed, but you had to be pretty precise with it on the gnarlier ones.

I'm probably going to love it at the park.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
paleforks wrote:
It's aaaalllmost too much bike for most of my trails, but the pedaling efficiency and seat position make it a ripper on the flow as well.

I’ve got some longer, more XC-style rides planned this week, so that should be a good opportunity to see how the Crush mode feels.

But if this is what the Smash feels like, I’m having trouble wrapping my head around what the Trail Pistol and Gnarvana could do. Might pop for the Gnarvana seatstays, get my MT Push shock reconfigured, and get a 170 air spring for the Zeb just to find out.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
codahale wrote:
paleforks wrote:

I’ve got some longer, more XC-style rides planned this week, so that should be a good opportunity to see how the Crush mode feels.

But if this is what the Smash feels like, I’m having trouble wrapping my head around what the Trail Pistol and Gnarvana could do. Might pop for the Gnarvana seatstays, get my MT Push shock reconfigured, and get a 170 air spring for the Zeb just to find out.

Yeah seriously.
I already have a trail pistol kit with an aircan, and as soon as I get the shock mounts it's getting a go. I'll probably put the recommended 130 spring in my fork.

I don't really want to make it a pistola for a few reasons:

- I really want to know what their interpretation of a downcountry bike is proper. It's probably a loooooot of fun judging by how the smash rides.

- I already have a smash, so why pistola? Just to get that slight edge? Maybe I'll grow on it though.
The smash is almost too much bike, but not too much bike simply because of how well it pedals.
I do find myself wondering what the heck I'm going to ride on it sometimes though. I just need to take it to a place where I can go a lot faster and I'm sure that I'll love it even more.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
paleforks wrote:
codahale wrote:
paleforks wrote:

Yeah seriously.
I already have a trail pistol kit with an aircan, and as soon as I get the shock mounts it's getting a go. I'll probably put the recommended 130 spring in my fork.

- I really want to know what their interpretation of a downcountry bike is proper. It's probably a loooooot of fun judging by how the smash rides.

- I already have a smash, so why pistola? Just to get that slight edge? Maybe I'll grow on it though.
The smash is almost too much bike, but not too much bike simply because of how well it pedals.
I do find myself wondering what the heck I'm going to ride on it sometimes though. I just need to take it to a place where I can go a lot faster and I'm sure that I'll love it even more.

I have Pistola (Pike + Jade X and Topaz T3) and Gnarvana (Zeb + Topaz T3) setups. I went for the Pistola and Gnarvana because I felt it would be better to have a bigger gap in models. I love the Pistola, it pedals almost as good as when it was a TP but the added slack and +20mm fork travel makes it handle much better IMO. The Gnarvana is a bulldozer.

If you want to stick with one, I’d imagine the Smash is great but if you plan to swap between two bikes then I think Pistola/Gnarvana is the ticket. I’ve been told thats what the GG guys run.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 22:09 Quote
stubs179 wrote:
paleforks wrote:
codahale wrote:

Yeah seriously.

I have Pistola (Pike + Jade X and Topaz T3) and Gnarvana (Zeb + Topaz T3) setups. I went for the Pistola and Gnarvana because I felt it would be better to have a bigger gap in models. I love the Pistola, it pedals almost as good as when it was a TP but the added slack and +20mm fork travel makes it handle much better IMO. The Gnarvana is a bulldozer.

If you want to stick with one, I’d imagine the Smash is great but if you plan to swap between two bikes then I think Pistola/Gnarvana is the ticket. I’ve been told thats what the GG guys run.

I'm very, very happy with the smash.
I see myself going in more of an AM/gnar-adventure direction than anything else, while dabbling in other aspects, mostly to gain skills and confidence for the above type riding, and I think that the smash fits that bill extremely well.

Trail pistol would just be a fun and fast flow machine for me, and if I need a pistola, I think I would rather just have the smash.
If i want a steeper head angle once in a while, for the really tight trails that still have gnar, i can just get an angleset and run it in short.
It essentially turns into a hightower at that point.

Who knows, I might grow on a pistola, havent tried one yet, but i think that in most situations where I want a smaller bike than the smash, I'm probably just going to use the original trail pistol.

In situations where i want a bigger bike, I'll mostly be just riding those kinds of trails to practice some area of skill, or to get crazy once in a while, and i can just go slower on the smash.
BUT. I do want to try other models for fun, just to see what a massive bike, and a shred Dogg, feels like.

I'm so happy with the smash that I see it as my main bike for a long time to come.
I can't keep myself off of it despite being exhausted, and I constantly have to keep discipline on it because it feels limitless.
It's hard to describe just how happy I am with this bike.

It is a bit hefty though. Gotta nitpick once in a while lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007504
Mobile Version of Website