General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
paleforks wrote:
It is a bit hefty though. Gotta nitpick once in a while lol.

The cable routing makes my rear brake housing slap against the headtube.

And I wish the GeoAdjust headset had the same bearing cap fitment as some major brand. As it is, you can’t really use other headset caps (e.g. Chris King GripLock).

Oh, and the silver top tube decal reflects the sun into my eyes sometimes.

So far, that’s it.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
codahale wrote:
The cable routing makes my rear brake housing slap against the headtube.

And I wish the GeoAdjust headset had the same bearing cap fitment as some major brand. As it is, you can’t really use other headset caps (e.g. Chris King GripLock).

Oh, and the silver top tube decal reflects the sun into my eyes sometimes.

So far, that’s it.

Yeah, fit and finish isn't the best, but it feels very industrial because of the matte finish, which I actually like.
Kind of like when you get a raw steel frame where they leave the heat scars and just put a layer of clearcoat on it.

I do wish they would have layed the powdercoat on a bit thicker and used a tackier solution, and I would have gladly payed extra for that.
When I think of powdercoat, I think of those nearly invincible finishes that I'm used to, where it seems like no matter what you do it, it you just wipe it down and it looks almost new again. Any scratches barely break the surface layer, and if they do, they are extremely localized.

This powdercoat just feels like a thin veneer, as it's already cracking in some areas for me.

I mean, at the end of the day, I have a custom-tuned elevensix, tuned to both my weight and riding style (which makes an absolutely massive difference), on probably one of the best bikes i've ever ridden in my life for LESS than the price of literally just a frame nowadays. That feeling overtakes any other small incongruencies that I have with the bike, but putting just that little extra would make me feel like this is the best bike in the world.

I'm sure that as they grow they will work those kinks out though, and I"m a very happy customer right now.

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
Anyone have any ride comparisons of a smash to a yeti sb130 or switchblade?

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
What you guys think??
I love my gnarvana but would like the shorter chain stay of the smash

Why couldnt I run the smash chainstay with the shock length of gnarvana to get 160mm but a quicker more poppy back end.
the Gnarvana is 450mm rear

Can this be done proper

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
What you guys think??
I love my gnarvana but would like the shorter chain stay of the smash

Why couldnt I run the smash chainstay with the shock length of gnarvana to get 160mm but a quicker more poppy back end.
the Gnarvana is 450mm rear

Can this be done proper
Nope, the tire will hit the seat tube.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 15:40 Quote
It'd be nice if they'd get around to doing the Shred Dogg, but I'm sure that's relatively low priority.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 17:11 Quote
awoodward wrote:
Looks like the Trail Pistol is fully carbon now:

https://ridegg.com/blogs/dispatch/revved-rear-triangle-kits

Trail Pistol’s been fully Revved for a year or so now. They are just getting around to releasing the update kit separately. But going off the prices of a frame, it seams the Gnarvana, Smash and MegaTrail might be going full Revved. Shred Dogg is still listed as Al rear end price.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 22:38 Quote
stubs179 wrote:
Trail Pistol’s been fully Revved for a year or so now. They are just getting around to releasing the update kit separately. But going off the prices of a frame, it seams the Gnarvana, Smash and MegaTrail might be going full Revved. Shred Dogg is still listed as Al rear end price.

Ah, hadn't realized!

tbh, I don't think it's worth the $300 bucks. Hopefully they have the alu stays as a money-saving option for those that don't mind 300 grams and some flex. Doesn't look like that's the way they're headed, though Frown

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
Got two break in rides on my Smash (cane creek front and rear) and absolutely loving it so far. Felt at home pretty much straight away.

One complaint/question: the frame protection on my seat and chain stays was poorly adhered and peeling off from the get go. I ended up putting zip ties on the seat stay for the time being. What do riders / gg recommend as an adhesive to secure those things?

Bonus question: shouldn’t it be called a saddle stay?

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
arzueck wrote:
Got two break in rides on my Smash (cane creek front and rear) and absolutely loving it so far. Felt at home pretty much straight away.

One complaint/question: the frame protection on my seat and chain stays was poorly adhered and peeling off from the get go. I ended up putting zip ties on the seat stay for the time being. What do riders / gg recommend as an adhesive to secure those things?

I've heard a lot of people use Shoe Goo with good success. Just tape or zip tie it real good and let it sit for a day or two to fully cure.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
arzueck wrote:

I used Gorilla Glue and it has been perfect for 2 seasons now.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
Anyone compare a GG Smash w a Hightower?

Thoughts ?

How is the build quality compared ?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011151
Mobile Version of Website