Capra 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 27.5 Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Put your 27.5 Capra love here.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
I want to change the chainring on my 18 CF Pro from a 32 to a 30 or 28, I'm a fat bastard and I need better gearing to pedal this thing up some of the hills that I frequent. Anyone know what offset it uses? I couldn't find anything on the chainring other than the 32T stamp.

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 22:14 Quote
You should be able to just run a smaller RF crank and be done with it. If not, you should be able to find the offset on the crank you have by looking up on manufactures site.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 22:34 Quote
I was planning to just buy the smaller RF chainring. YT’s website says 32T boost for the crankarm/chainring spec, but I thought I’d read somewhere that YT’s didn’t always use the normal offset that you would expect because of a bottom bracket spacer.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 7:59 Quote
I’m going to buy an al comp sometime soon, but I’m not in a huge rush and shaving a few bucks would be great. I know that the previous years bikes always go into the “outlet” and are discounted a bit. I haven’t payed attention to it the past two years so does anyone know when this happens. For example, if the Capras will go on sale in a couple months, I’ll wait. But if they don’t go on sale until January then I’ll most likely buy one now.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
McMTBike wrote:
I’m going to buy an al comp sometime soon, but I’m not in a huge rush and shaving a few bucks would be great. I know that the previous years bikes always go into the “outlet” and are discounted a bit. I haven’t payed attention to it the past two years so does anyone know when this happens. For example, if the Capras will go on sale in a couple months, I’ll wait. But if they don’t go on sale until January then I’ll most likely buy one now.

Thanks

Keep in mind you likely won’t find the model, color and size that you want, when the time comes.

FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 2:39 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
I want to change the chainring on my 18 CF Pro from a 32 to a 30 or 28, I'm a fat bastard and I need better gearing to pedal this thing up some of the hills that I frequent. Anyone know what offset it uses? I couldn't find anything on the chainring other than the 32T stamp.

I just fitted an oval to my 18 CF and it needed a 6mm offset to maintain the correct 52mm chainline.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/blackspire-snaggletooth-oval-cinch-chainring/rp-prod172007

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Three days on the new bike and its been super fun. Predictable and does not blow through the travel in the rear. Feels like a larger Jeffsy and even pedals decently with the Boxxer up front

photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Hi! I was shredding with my friend yesterday, and when I was going home from trails I noticed that a bolt and bearing was missing from the bike!!! The main pivot bolt!... I´m not sure whats happen if it fell off while riding, and I don´t think I want to know either....... anyway.
Nothing seems broken, just a bolt and a bearing missing.... So I looked at YT homepage ( Europe, I´m swedish jaaaa)
Couldn´t find anything!... just parts for brand new bikes... and my bike is a 2016 Capra CF.

So I wrote a mail to YT.... They told me that they dont have any main pivot bolts in stock right now, and they didnt know when they get some new.. however they will look at purschase dep. for leftovers... You got to be kidding right?

No spare parts!! so what am I supposed to do? Buy a new bike?

What do you think?

Going to Norway in 24 days for some magical riding.... hope so anyway! :-(

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on with my awkwardness on the Capra? I find when pedalling uphill, or navigating slow technical obstacles the front end is all over the place, it wants to flop side to side and just seems to take extra attention to keep it pointed forward.

It should fit me pretty good, it’s an XXL, I’m 6’5 with a 35” inseam. However the bars feel low to me, so could this be the cause? Or is this just a trait of the slack head angle that everyone deals with?

I didn’t realize how big of a problem it is for me until I rode my Vanquish for a week, which just has a great natural feeling position and does none of the above. It has some spacers under the stem as well as a slightly higher OEM stack height than the Capra, with a steeper head angle.

I wonder if I could get the Capra’s seated riding position to mimick the Transition if this problem wouldn’t completely go away, or at least be greatly reduced.

This is not an issue at all when speeds increase, which I realize is what this bike is designed to do. However I wasn’t expecting the bike to flop around on climbs and low speed stuff. Is it just me, or is this just normal and I need to learn to live with it?

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
I’m pretty sure it’s just the slack head tube angle. After enough saddle time I don’t even notice it. Narrowing my bars 10mm helped though. Narrower bars speed up your steering so you can control the front a little better.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
I’m pretty sure it’s just the slack head tube angle. After enough saddle time I don’t even notice it. Narrowing my bars 10mm helped though. Narrower bars speed up your steering so you can control the front a little better.

That’s what I suspected, thanks. I’ll decrease my sag a little on the shock and soften up the fork, maybe that will help somewhat. Too bad you can’t run an angleset on the carbon frames, sounds like the 65 degree is just a little much for me.

Part of the issue I’m sure is I am recovering from a destroyed humerus/shoulder so my upper body strength, control and coordination is really poor.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
I feel you there, I’m recovering from surgery for a broken collarbone. I have another week before I can try riding but I can feel the weakness already. Definitely narrow those bars and add some headset spacers. Dont get discouraged with the bike just yet. Remember how much travel you have at your disposal too, you can roll through quite a lot and you don’t have to dodge every obstacle in your path. It wears me out more zig zagging around than it does to charge over or jump technical terrain on the Capra.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 16:11 Quote
It is typical for slack bikes, but there are some items to optimise it for climbing.

To much SAG might be a cause indeed. It is a progressive bike so SAG at the shock of 25% is probably already 30% actual wheel travel.

What helped me a lot is shifting the saddle to the most forward position to keep the front more planted. I have a large inseem relative to my length and I had my saddle to much over the rear wheel because of that.

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 7:16 Quote
2018 XL pro race frame for sale in UK

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2411332/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022695
Mobile Version of Website