Capra 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 27.5 Thread
Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 19:30 Quote
Anyone having issues with their RS Super Deluxe? Mine rattles like somethings loose after 4 months use...been in twice for warranty but still there. Nothing loose on the bike, it's in the shock (has new DUs).

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
Hi!

Anyone here with a XXL frame Capra? I am currently running on 2017 TUES CF XL but i'm starting to tip over to Enduro bike. I am 190cm which is roughly 6,24 feet. I will probably ride 70-80% downhill with enduro bike including minimum of 10days in "bigger bikeparks" Åre/Hafjell/alps for example. This summer i've done approx 100hours of DH mountainbiking.

I'm just between sizes XL and XXL ( the sizing is bit confusing since CM to feet doesn't match in YT''s chart) so can anyone suggest which size should i go for. The version would be either CF Pro or Pro Race (i want the FOX suspension)

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
I have the XXL and I’m 195cm, I don’t think the bike feels as large as the numbers would indicate because of the steep seat tube. The reach and the effective top tube length are similar to many other modern geometry bikes in size XL. My only conplaint with the geometry is I wish the stack height was taller, and since they cut the steer tubes down at the factory there’s only room for one 5mm spacer under the stem.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 4:32 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
I want to change the chainring on my 18 CF Pro from a 32 to a 30 or 28, I'm a fat bastard and I need better gearing to pedal this thing up some of the hills that I frequent. Anyone know what offset it uses? I couldn't find anything on the chainring other than the 32T stamp.

I just fitted an oval to my 18 CF and it needed a 6mm offset to maintain the correct 52mm chainline.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/blackspire-snaggletooth-oval-cinch-chainring/rp-prod172007
When you took the crank out did you see the spindle size by any chance?

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 4:36 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
I have the XXL and I’m 195cm, I don’t think the bike feels as large as the numbers would indicate because of the steep seat tube. The reach and the effective top tube length are similar to many other modern geometry bikes in size XL. My only conplaint with the geometry is I wish the stack height was taller, and since they cut the steer tubes down at the factory there’s only room for one 5mm spacer under the stem.

There are higher rise bars available (Spank do a 50mm rise) and you could go for one of the DMR Defy stems that have a 5mm rise (RF stock has zero) and a short stack (this makes a massive difference as the stock RF stem was 45mm vs 27/31 for teh DMR 35/50 lengths).

Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 8:06 Quote
I put a 50mm Renthal Apex stem on my large with Renthal 30mm bars. The extra 10mm on the stem really made the bike more manageable on my local single track. The apex stem has a 6 degree rise, so if you need to get the bars up some, that’s the best way to do it with the limited steerer space.

FL
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 22:53 Quote
I put 40mm rise Rental bars on mine, so much better compared to the 20mm rise bars that it came with (the AL has 20mm rise bars when rest of range have either 35mm or 30mm rise).

Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 1:02 Quote
Hi

Can anyone confirm which fork model (Lyrik B1 or LYRIK A1-A2) was on the Capra models sold in 2017?

I am asking because I would like to upgrade the fork with the Debon Air Upgrade Kit and it is compatible only with Lyrik B1.

I bought my Capra in December 2017 with RockShox Lyrik RCT3 fork
Charger RCT3, solo air, 15x100 axle, 170mm travel.

I want to change travel to 180 mm, so by the way I could improve the spring but in the instructions available on the YT page:
https://www.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/rockshoxlyrikrct3en.pdf
I can not find the information.

There is also no clear information on the manufacturer's website:
https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/lyrik-rct3-15x100#service
Is written :
AVAILABLE SPRINGS Dual Position Air, Solo Air
but below in the Service section:
Related Service Documents: DebonAir Upgrade Kit Service Manual (3.96 MB)

This is not clear to me.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 2:41 Quote
Hi I’m 5’2 but still growing,I’m stuck between getting a small or medium Capra, what’s your thoughts.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Hi guys. I'm looking to get a second hand Capra. Is there anything I should look out for? The Ethirteen dropper for instance is it any good? Any feedback on these bikes would be handy. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
Do you also have a problem with the detachment of these rubber covers of the rear triangle? If so, then what is the best way to stick them again to frame without damaging the frame coat?

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
I cant decide between the medium or large capra. Im 5'8 inseam is 30 inches and I have pretty long arms. Thanks for the help.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
I'll go with large

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Capra 2019
Took delivery of this yesterday. Seven days after ordering it. Stoked!

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
pabloh1 wrote:
Capra 2019
Took delivery of this yesterday. Seven days after ordering it. Stoked!
Is that the concrete grey colour? Looks lighter than the pictures. I love it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027784
Mobile Version of Website