Capra 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 27.5 Thread
Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Hows is the craftmanship on these aluminum frame. I am very tempted to buy one
Love my 2018 Capra AL Smile
Looks way better in RL than on those pictures.
I ride my Capra as an Park only bike, so it get's lots of action. Whip
Frame looks and feels super beefy. All welds look fine.
Paint job is great and durable, but every year only the bikes sold later have an actual good paint job.
The first bikes YT sells every year for some reason always seem to have a weak paintjob Confused

Rear linkage is nice, even and stiff. No weird play like you see on the Canyon Torque.
Overall it's a great bike and it is way faster and more fun to ride downhill than the Jeffsy.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Hi guys -
My 2018 Capra AL Comp is in need of a new rear derailleur. I contacted e.13 and found out the cassette should work great with.a Shimano GS mid cage rear derailleur.

The bike came with an SGS long cage, and I've been grinding it on rocks since Day 1, and have never had perfect shifting. I ride a lot, and all the local trails are derailleur-bangers.

Anyhow, thought I'd pass this info along. Fingers crossed that a midcage XT will shift a little bit cleaner than a long cage SLX.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
rpet wrote:
Hi guys -
My 2018 Capra AL Comp is in need of a new rear derailleur. I contacted e.13 and found out the cassette should work great with.a Shimano GS mid cage rear derailleur.

The bike came with an SGS long cage, and I've been grinding it on rocks since Day 1, and have never had perfect shifting. I ride a lot, and all the local trails are derailleur-bangers.

Anyhow, thought I'd pass this info along. Fingers crossed that a midcage XT will shift a little bit cleaner than a long cage SLX.

I haven’t destroyed mine yet, but my SLX has shifted like garbage since day one. Even with a shorter cage, the derailleur is still going to be pretty low due to the cassette size.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
Yeah - I'm a bit skeptical that such a wide range cluster is ever going to shift as smooth as Shimano drivetrains from 10 years ago. 2nd gear on this e.13 cassette is the real b*tch.

Alas, I have very steep mountains where I live, or I'd be looking to go to a narrower range cassette.

Erotomania wrote:
rpet wrote:
Hi guys -

I haven’t destroyed mine yet, but my SLX has shifted like garbage since day one. Even with a shorter cage, the derailleur is still going to be pretty low due to the cassette size.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Hi all, I’m changing my code rs brakes on my 2018 Capra cf to Hope tech 3 v4’s can anyone tell me if I need to buy any mount adapters too? I’m getting hope rotors too. Thanks in advance

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
If you use the same size rotors as stock no

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Anyone running dhx2 on the Capra cf race pro?

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
Hey Guys, anybody know how many tokens come in the rockshox delux select shock? What setting is everybody putting rebound on while adjusting psi for initial sag setting? My son is probably 140 pounds, having a hard getting shock dialed in
Best regards
Boyd

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021773
Mobile Version of Website