2017 remedy rattling issue

PB Forum :: Trek
2017 remedy rattling issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
Has anyone out there had any issues with a rattle from the rear. I’ve changed the bottom shock bush but the upper is a solid aluminium bush. Still rattles!!! All the bolts are tight. I will take it back to the shop but I wondered if anyone has experienced anything like it?

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
I've got a similar issue on my 2018 Fuel EX. Compressing the rear shock at a slow rate (i.e. standing and bouncing on it) sounds quiet and smooth. But very small fast compression it sound like my whole rear triangle is about to fall apart! serviced all the pivot points and the rear axle. For the longest time i thought it was the internal dropper cable that was loose and rattling around on small bumps. But I've pulled the cables tight and isolated them and the sound is still there. I think i've narrowed it down to the Reaktive shock. read some other forums suggesting it may just be the reaktive damper opening and closing which is why it's only heard on small cattery bumps and not big hits or bounces. Seems like an annoying design flaw for such an "Innovative" technology... Has anybody else had experiences with this? and maybe found a solution?

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
Thanks for the reply. It’s definitely play in the suspension. It’s going into the shop today they think it’s the to pivot bearings or the top bush/mount. And a whole lot of servicing I think! Should find out tomorrow.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 6:37 Quote
As for the reaktiv shock... I can’t wait to replace it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009829
Mobile Version of Website