SYNCROS Head Set semi integrated Press Fit DH Adjustable

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SYNCROS Head Set semi integrated Press Fit DH Adjustable
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 1:59 Quote
Hello everybody,

I have a weird question but I really need this information. I own a Scott Voltage Fr710 '15 and I have problem with headset bearings (they are really noise, smth like they are shooting Big Grin ). I quess that previous owner of the bike installed wrong size of bearings (they seemed to be just a little to small) it is like they ale loosely set. Scott has installed Syncros FR adjustable semi integrated headset (https://r2-bike.com/SYNCROS-Head-Set-semi-integrated-Press-Fit-DH-Adjustable-SHIS-ZS49-286-ZS49-30). Maybe someone own this and could give me a size of upper and bottom bearings? I asked Scott dealer about it but they suggest me to buy a new whole headset. I could but my are just fine and I need only a right sized bearigns. Sorry for my poor english, I try my best.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 11:42 Quote
Hi, the size of the headset should be ZS49 / 28.6 | ZS49 / 30
Semi integrated is supposed to be pretty loose. So you can pull them out by hand.

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
Bottom size of bearing is 51,9x40 45x45 and sit properly in the cap. Upper size of bearing is 41x30,15 45x45 but it doesn't fit/sit in the cap. It seems that there is a little gap between cap and bearing. This is like its sit just a little too shallow. It is odd to give a pad between cap and bearing. They are cracking all the time when I use front brake.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008201
Mobile Version of Website