2018 Troy with a coil shock Yes or No?

PB Forum :: Devinci
2018 Troy with a coil shock Yes or No?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Hey guys,

anyone with the experience of running a coil shock on the Troy?
What would be the pros and cons if there are any?

I seem to have a weird beginning of stroke with the Monarch RT3 that comes in stock.
I have added 3 volume spacers and it is an improvement, yet it still feels like there is an "edge" in about 15/20% of sag.
I am running about 27% sag.

Cheers for any reply Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
I ran a push 11.6 coil shock on my previous bike (2016 Troy). No downsides... Massive grip noticeable on climbing and decending. The bike was slightly less "poppy" but still really fun. Currently riding the new spartan and missing the coil.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
Had this exact conversation today. Leaning towards a cane creek inline, trying to decided between air and coil. The shop guy said air is lighter, easier to fine tune. Coil is less maintenance. people are happy with both. I am kinda leaning air personally, I like tuning and find different ride characteristics in slight changes in sag. This would be easier to achieve with air.

FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 5:09 Quote
Thanks guys, for both replies.

I guess my question in the end would be, isnt the coil shock too linear for the leverage of the frame?
I thought it would never be, but then I found a Django on Vital and the guy said he tried running a coil and it was too linear.

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 6:37 Quote
I’ve heard no. Troy is very progressive.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 6:39 Quote
Yup. It's extremely progressive and works great with a coil.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010275
Mobile Version of Website