General Discussion - Rides, Reports, Etc.

PB Forum :: YT Industries
General Discussion - Rides, Reports, Etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 8:34 Quote
Last night was trail maintenance ride for the Port Gamble trails. A good sized group showed up and we went into to the woods and tackled three or four areas that were in need of trimming. The salmon berries are growing like crazy this year!

Kudos to Evergreen for keeping on top of the trails here in WA.

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
Perfect day for a long trail ride yet here I sit in Beach traffic...UGH

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Headed for Bend this weekend for a week long stay. Plans to ride Lookout Mountain, some C.O.D. stuff (Grand Slam area), probably hit Lower Whoops, StormKing, etc. Tiddly Winkds would be cool. The wife is probably more stoked to ride this year than I am!

I'm really looking forward to getting the Jeffsy out on these trails. Last year I was still on the old Kona. It got the job done, but I think I'll have a better time of it on the YT.

Air quality is really in the toilet today there, AQI of 193 right now. Supposed to clear up later today? Temps look to be decent too, high 70s low 80s.

Between rides, it will be visits to the many breweries there.Our favorites are Crux, Bridge 99, Goodlife. Can't wait!

Beer, er, ride reports to follow.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 20:22 Quote
After a long drive from the Seattle area nothing helps you relax more than a cozy cuddle in front of the fireplace...
(This may be how kids bikes are born)

Romantic Evening...

Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 15:40 Quote
Some photos from the Bend trip.

First ride of the week was the COD, ELV, Grand Slam, and Ticket to Ride trails. Rode Ticket to Ride last year when it was new. Much faster this time around! Photo is the Mrs, her Stance and the Jeffsy somewhere in the Grand Slam area.

Same location, but a nice shot of the bikes.

One of the many post ride brewery stops. Please ignore my wife's middle finger. Smile
** Note: This photo in no way endorses 10 Barrel as superior to Crux, Bend, Good Life, Cascade Lakes, Bridge 99, Deschutes, Sun River, Worthy, or other breweries. But it does endorse it as superior to Immersion. Their beer sucks.

Second ride was up to the top of Lookout Mountain. We pushed up the 'fire road' to get to the summit. Here and there were some areas that were rideable. Here is the Mrs heading up one.

At the summit.

Propped on the edge of Lookout Mountain.

Third ride was Whoops, Skyliners. This is where I did my derailleur in. No pics.

Last ride was a doozy! Funner climb to Tiddly Winks. 4 mile climb to the snow park at Wanoga. Upper Tiddly Winks is a fun traverse. Lower was amazing. Fast down, jumps and berms.
Pic is half way up Funner at a fork where I wondered... About a 13 mile loop. Even with a half functional derailleur it was a blast.

If you haven't made it out to Bend you really should. If you live there, LUCKY! There are some great trails maintained by the good folks at COTA. When the ride is over head to town for a beer and good food at one of the many brew pubs.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
In the PinkBike poll - which bike will you purchase next, YT is in 2nd under Santa Cruz!

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
Just got tired of waiting bike in stock. I'll get a Bronson instead.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 23:08 Quote
Didn't really know where to post this.
I've just taken ownership of a Capra 27.5. The first bike I have ever had new. I was expecting everything to work perfectly straight out of the box,but the brakes are very squishy,the gears are out of line and the dropper post lever is very soft. Am I right to have expected everything to work perfectly first time?

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
pabloh1 wrote:
I've just taken ownership of a Capra 27.5. The first bike I have ever had new. I was expecting everything to work perfectly straight out of the box,but the brakes are very squishy,the gears are out of line and the dropper post lever is very soft. Am I right to have expected everything to work perfectly first time?

Appears you have one of three choices. Return the Capra. Adjust & repair it yourself. Take it to a bike shop and have them correct everything.

But yeah, it should have been right from the factory.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 1:18 Quote
elpsstoffo wrote:
pabloh1 wrote:

Appears you have one of three choices. Return the Capra. Adjust & repair it yourself. Take it to a bike shop and have them correct everything.

Everything sorted now,did it myself. Now for the fun stuff!

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
pabloh1 wrote:
elpsstoffo wrote:
pabloh1 wrote:

Everything sorted now,did it myself. Now for the fun stuff!

My bike was pretty spot on out of the box but glad you did it yourself and got it sorted. Watching the classic rich dude bring his $12000 bike into the shop becuase of “rough shifting” when in reality it needed a 1/4 turn on the barrel adjuster. Those scenarios make me lose faith in humanity.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023995
Mobile Version of Website