Handlebars

PB Forum :: 29ers
Handlebars
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 13:32 Quote
hi! how to measure handlebars? have a 29er enduro bike with race face atlas bars.wondering how to measure the bars correctly?
bars look very long,but when riding in bike park they feel stable,maybe alittle too stable. am looking to cut them down alittle. wondering what size are enduro/downhill guys are running for the average size? I know it depends on size of rider!? average bar length for a 5'7" rider?

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 20:39 Quote
snoborder73 wrote:
hi! how to measure handlebars? have a 29er enduro bike with race face atlas bars.wondering how to measure the bars correctly?
bars look very long,but when riding in bike park they feel stable,maybe alittle too stable. am looking to cut them down alittle. wondering what size are enduro/downhill guys are running for the average size? I know it depends on size of rider!? average bar length for a 5'7" rider?

Atlas bars should have markings every 5mm on each side of the bar. Take your grips off and have a look! Not sure how the claimed length of the bar is measured; could be straight-pull on the bent bar, or length of the bar before bending. Get out a tape measure and find out!

The actual length doesn't matter too much, though. If the bars feel wide, get a hacksaw and take 5mm off each end. Still wide? Repeat. I'm 5'9", and I thought my Atlas bars were too long, so I took 10mm off each end (so "765mm" I guess). Now I'm on some "760mm" Race Face Next bars that feel about the same, and I like them. But, I have relatively narrow shoulders for my height; someone with wider shoulders would probably want a wider bar. The reach/top tube length of your bike (relative to how big you are) will also make bar width feel different.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
I would say that for me 780mm is the sweet spot for most if not all of my riding except for when on road.

I'm 6ft and would have thought in a bike park if you have average width shoulders should try 780mm and take it from there in regards to trimming them down as mentioned above me.

FL
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
just move your grips and controls in until you find the sweet spot, then take a hacksaw. I'm 6ft and I run 760mm - 800mm depending on bike 760 for HT and 800mm for DH

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042288
Mobile Version of Website